~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:43 am

September 1, 2009

OAKLAND, Calif. -- The foster parents of missing Fremont 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell may have been released from jail because of a lack of evidence, but the Oakland police said Tuesday the couple remained the focus of their investigation.

At an afternoon news conference, Acting Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan left little doubt that the couple remained at the center of the "on-going" investigation.

"This case is an on-going investigation; we will continue to follow up on leads,” he said. “We strongly believe and know for a fact that Hasanni Campbell never made it to Oakland on August 10th...We are continuing putting our efforts into solving this case and potentially re-arresting Mr. Louis Ross or Jennifer Campbell at some point. We respect the DA's opinion, but we have more work to do here." The Alameda County District Attorney’s Office released Jennifer Campbell on Monday and said it would release Louis Ross on Tuesday.

Veteran defense attorney John Burris, who has been advising the couple, told KTVU the arrests were an investigative gamble that had backfired.

“I was not surprised that she (Campbell) was released and not charged,” he said. “I knew the evidence. I knew there was no evidence and she was not going to talk because she had already given as many statements as she could.”

“I think it was a rush to judgment – an overreaction on the part of the police. They did not have evidence to support a conviction for her and I doubt that they had enough for a conviction for him. It may be a tactic on their part…I always thought it was a tactic by the police to squeeze one or both them to offer up incriminating evidence. It did not work.”

Campbell was arrested Friday on suspicion of aiding and abetting a homicide. Her fiancé Louis Ross was arrested at the couple's Fremont home on the same charge.

Ross reported Hasanni missing on August 10th from Oakland's Rockridge area.

"All I know is that this was one of the most difficult times in my life," Campbell told KTVU after her release. "I'm still focused on finding Hasanni."

Campbell said she was "in utter shock" when police arrested her at the Union City BART station Friday when she spoke to KTVU about being interrogated by police.

"They just said I was guilty of something. I told them I didn't do anything. I just said find Hasanni. They accused me over and over again of doing something. I told them I didn't," Campbell said.

Oakland police have not said what led to the arrest of the foster parents or why investigators believe the child is dead.

Following her release, Campbell attended a prayer service for Hasanni in the Rockridge neighborhood.

Campbell was greeted by friends and those who have helped in the search for Hasanni.

Campbell said she was kept away from other inmates in an isolated cell at Santa Rita jail, but could still hear the inmates yell out derogatory remarks at her.

"I know what's in my heart and anybody who knows me knows what I'm capable of. [They] know what I would do and know that this isn't even in my character," she said.

Campbell also said she has no doubt that Ross did not harm Hasanni either.

"We had nothing to do with it. He's our little boy. We want him...and we want him back and our main concern is finding him and we still want people to come out. We still want people to know he is missing."

Burris said being arrested was traumatic for Campbell, who is six months pregnant, and caused her "a great deal of emotional harm." He had visited Campbell and Ross Sunday in jail, in attempt to assist them in locating a criminal defense attorney.

A search of Lake Elizabeth in Fremont has been organized for Saturday morning. Volunteers said they intend to continue to hold weekly vigils for Hasanni until he is found.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/20660596/detail.html

http://www.ktvu.com/video/20672781/index.html
# Video: OAKLAND: Acting Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan Comments On Release Of Foster Parents

http://www.ktvu.com/video/20672640/index.html
Video: OAKLAND: Police Set To Release Foster Father Of Missing Boy [Jade Hernandez

http://www.ktvu.com/video/20660060/index.html
# Video: OAKLAND: Foster Mother Of Missing Boy Talks About Release From Jail

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit."
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:44 am

D.A. won't charge foster dad in Hasanni case
Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
Tuesday, September 1, 2009

(09-01) 13:50 PDT OAKLAND -- The foster father of Hasanni Campbell will not face criminal charges and will be released from jail, a prosecutor said today, even as police declared that they "know for a fact" that his story of how the 5-year-old Fremont boy disappeared is false.
The Alameda County district attorney's office said it did not have enough against Louis Ross, 38, to build a case that he murdered Hasanni.
Assistant District Attorney Tom Rogers, who made the announcement, declined to elaborate but said Oakland police were still investigating.
The decision came a day after Rogers said there would be no charges brought against Ross' fiancee and the boy's foster mother, Jennifer Campbell, 33. Campbell, who is six months pregnant with Ross' child, was arrested Friday on suspicion of being an accessory to murder, the same day Ross was booked on suspicion of murder.
Campbell left Santa Rita Jail in Dublin on Monday afternoon and went straight to a vigil for Hasanni outside the shoe store in Oakland's Rockridge neighborhood where Ross said he last saw his foster son Aug. 10.
Campbell proclaimed the couple's innocence, saying they were "both accused of a crime we didn't do."
She said she believes Hasanni is "alive and out there. There are no leads. Nothing. He's yet to be found. Find him."
Ross reported that the boy, who has cerebral palsy, vanished from outside a back entrance to the Shuz of Rockridge store on College Avenue where Campbell, the boy's aunt, works.
But at a news conference today, acting Oakland Police Chief Howard Jordan made it clear that investigators didn't believe Ross' account of events.
"We strongly believe and we know for a fact that Hasanni Campbell never made it to Oakland on Aug. 10 to College Avenue at 4:15 as was previously reported," Jordan said.
Police released a DVD and photos showing Hasanni, his year-old sister, Ross and Campbell shopping at a Wal-Mart store in Fremont on Aug. 6. The images were taken from store surveillance cameras.
Officer Jeff Thomason, a police spokesman, said the Wal-Mart trip is "the last time that we have independent information about Hasanni Campbell being alive."
The images show Hasanni walking next to Campbell as she pushes a shopping cart with a big box inside it. Ross is pulling the cart from the front.
Jordan said he respected prosecutors' decision not to charge the couple. But he held out the possibility that Ross and Campbell could be re-arrested.
"We have some more work to do here, and we're going to continue to work diligently to try to solve this case," the chief said.
John Burris, an attorney who has been consulting with the couple, said he was gratified that prosecutors had opted not to file charges.
"I'm not surprised," Burris said. "There never was evidence linking him to a crime. At best, there was some suspicion that the police may have had, but that suspicion wasn't supported by any evidence. So I think now the attention should go back toward finding Hasanni. It was a travesty that these two people were subjected to this kind of humiliation without just cause."
Burris disputed the chief's assertions that Hasanni was never in Oakland at the time Ross reported him missing. "How do they know that for a fact?" he said.
Although investigators have said they were suspicious of Ross because scent-detecting dogs didn't pick up a trace of Hasanni outside the shoe store, Burris said, "That's not reliable proof, either."
Police also have cited an angry text message Ross sent to Campbell 10 days before he said Hasanni disappeared, in which he threatened to abandon the boy on BART.
Ross said that he had sent the message in a fit of anger at Campbell and that he wouldn't have left Hasanni.
Ross is expected to be released from Santa Rita Jail later today. Friends of the couple plan to search for Hasanni on Saturday at Lake Elizabeth in Fremont.
"The focus should be finding this missing boy," said Campbell's mother, Pamela Clark, 62, of San Francisco. She said of the attention on the couple, "It's like a terrible witch hunt."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BA3619GT72.DTL

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit."
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:45 am

Louis Ross calls police investigation "irrelevant" after release from jail

By Kristin Bender, Sean Maher and Paul Rosynsky
Oakland Tribune
Posted: 09/01/2009 09:02:51 AM PDT
Updated: 09/01/2009 08:37:14 PM PDT

OAKLAND — Louis Ross, foster father of Hasanni Campbell, described jail as "hell" and refused to answer questions about the police investigation into the boy's disappearance after he was released from jail tonight.

Ross was released from Santa Rita Jail in Dublin at 6:30 p.m. wearing black sweatpants, a white hat and white long-sleeve shirt. He was unshaven and visibly angry. Asked what it was like in jail, he said: "One word: hell."

He said he and fiancee Jennifer Campbell, the boy's foster mother and aunt, would continue looking for the boy, who Ross reported missing Aug. 10.

"As long as I have got breath in my body, we will search for Hasanni," he said.

The couple were arrested Friday.

Ross was released today and Campbell on Monday because of "insufficient evidence," Assistant District Attorney Tom Rogers said.

Hasanni's 1-year-old sister was taken into protective custody after the boy's disappearance. Campbell went to court today and learned that her parental rights are being severed and that the girl will be put up for adoption. "I basically will never see her again," Campbell said tonight while awaiting Ross' release from jail.

Ross, who was arrested at the family's Fremont home, said he was told to step out of the house, identify what he was wearing and put his hands up. He waived his rights and talked to police for a little while Friday afternoon and then asked to speak to attorney John Burris, who has been counseling Ross, 38, and Campbell, 30.

"I told the same story I told to the detectives," Ross said tonight. "They got the same story, but they weren't happy with that story. They wanted something else."

Several times while speaking to the media after his release, he called the police investigation "irrelevant."

"We are going to do what we need to do as parents," he said. "We don't care what (the police) do."

Oakland police today released a video that they say shows the last time Hasanni, 5, was seen in public.

The video shows the boy with his sister and foster parents at a Fremont Wal-Mart around 8 p.m. Aug. 6. Ross told police Hasanni went missing Aug. 10 from behind the Rockridge shoe store where Campbell works.

Acting police Chief Howard Jordan said the Alameda County district attorney's decision not to press charges against Ross was "unfortunate."

"We know for a fact Hasanni Campbell never made it to Oakland that day,"

Jordan said. Jordan said the investigation is continuing and that Ross and Campbell could be rearrested.

Campbell said tonight that after her neighbors told police that they hadn't seen Hasanni for three weeks before his reported disappearance, she produced a receipt showing that the family had gone shopping at the Wal-Mart on Aug. 6.

Campbell said police have told her that they have evidence that the couple is implicated in this crime but that they will not say what it is.

"I don't know what type of evidence they plan to come up with," she said.

"I know I am innocent, and I know Louis is innocent."

Campbell said she last saw Hasanni around 7 a.m. Aug. 10 while the boy was still sleeping. She said she kissed him goodbye and went to work. "It's been a living a nightmare ever since," she said.

She said that when she returned to her house Monday after being released from jail, every room was a mess from a police search conducted Friday after the couple's arrest. A couch was flipped over, things were pulled out of dressers and cupboards, Hasanni's clothing was out of the closet and some of her paperwork was missing. "Everything is everywhere," she said. "They went through every single room."

Investigators, who are treating the case as a homicide, said today they have no substantial open leads and will not be conducting any more searches for Hasanni unless they receive new information.

"We believe we have a case, and there is a lot of information we can't make public while the investigation is open," said Oakland police spokesman Officer Jeff Thomason. "But the video we're releasing is big.

This is the last time anyone other than our two suspects confirmed Hasanni was alive."

Thomason said the Oakland police investigation has not included searches in Monterey, where Ross lived until about nine months ago according to a former housemate.

"There are probably only two people who know where Hasanni is, and those are our suspects," Thomason said.

Burris said he has lined up criminal lawyers to defend the foster parents should charges be filed in the future.

There will be a search Saturday at Fremont's Lake Elizabeth at 40000 Paseo Padre Parkway. Volunteers may meet at the main entrance at 9 a.m. Experienced divers are needed to help out. For more information, e-mail findhasanni@gmail.com or call 510-276-9090.

A $10,000 reward is being offered for information leading to Hasanni's whereabouts. Anyone with information may call Crime Stoppers at 510-777-8572 or 510-777-3211 or Sgt. Gus Galindo at 510-238-7934.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-stories/ci_13245654

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:45 am

Campbell's foster dad, Louis Ross, says he voluntarily took a polygraph test, but did not disclose the results.

* Story Highlights
* Jennifer Campbell, Louis Ross arrested and released in boy's homicide probe
* Couple says they last saw Hasanni Campbell August 10 outside store
* Police in Oakland, California, don't believe story, say they are suspects
* Insufficient evidence to charge the couple, deputy district attorney says

updated 2 hours, 9 minutes ago

By Emanuella Grinberg
CNN

(CNN) -- Police say the foster parents of a missing 5-year-old California boy with cerebral palsy are suspects in what is now being called a homicide investigation.

Jennifer Campbell and Louis Ross, who are engaged, told police in Oakland, California, that Hasanni Campbell disappeared on August 10 while Ross was dropping him off at the shoe store where his fiance worked.

Police arrested the two as suspects, but released them this week pending further investigation, Lt. Jeff Thomason said.

"We had nothing to do with it. He's our little boy we want him and we want him home, and our main concern is finding him," a tearful Campbell told CNN affiliate KGO.

Campbell, Hasanni's biological aunt, was arrested Friday in the Union City BART station on suspicion of accessory to murder after the fact, Thomason said. Her fiancé, Ross, was arrested a short time later at the couple's Fremont home on suspicion of murder.

Campbell was released Monday and Ross Tuesday after the Alameda County District Attorney's Office concluded there was insufficient evidence to charge them, Deputy District Attorney Tom Rogers said.

"We will continue to review the case as police continue their investigation," Rogers said.

Thomason declined to explain why the case had become a homicide investigation less than a month after Hasanni's guardians reported him missing. No body has been found.

"There's a lot of evidence right now we feel we still need to keep close to the investigation," he said.

"Even though they're released, they're still suspects," he said. "They're the last people who saw Hasanni alive."

Police also have released surveillance video from Wal-Mart showing the couple and Hasanni together on August 6 -- the last independent sighting of Hasanni alive.

In an interview last month with HLN's Nancy Grace, Ross said he left Hasanni outside his BMW for two to five minutes while he went to get his fiance to open the back door of the store.

"By the time I got there, Jennifer is already out of the store, walking toward me, asking, 'Where is Hasanni?' And I say, 'What do you mean, where is Hasanni?' And I look around to the side, and he is no longer there."

Ross and Campbell have maintained their innocence and continued to cooperate with police, said John Burris, a lawyer who has been advising the couple since the boy's disappearance.

"They're both very emotional. It's been traumatic for her as she'd never been in custody before. She felt she'd been treated terribly, that they'd been duplicitous toward her after she'd been cooperating with the investigation," Burris said.

"Mr. Ross is quite emotional as well, though he seemed to be more worried about her," Burris said.

But police believe Hasanni was not near the store August 10, Thomason said.

The officer said the Wal-Mart surveillance footage from August 6 represents the last known sighting of Hasanni alive, independent of his foster parents' reports.

"It shows we have an independent source showing him alive," he said. "We don't believe he was ever in north Oakland on the 10th [of August]."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/01/...boy/index.html

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:46 am

By Kristin Bender
Oakland Tribune
Posted: 09/02/2009 04:10:11 PM PDT

FREMONT — Volunteers and donations of food and beverages are needed for the Saturday search for Hasanni Campbell, the disabled Fremont boy who was reported missing Aug. 10.

Sherri Miller is organizing the search of Lake Elizabeth at 40000 Paseo Padre Parkway in Fremont. A certified diver contacted Miller to volunteer his time, and the San Jose volunteer search and rescue team will bring diving equipment to the search, which starts at 9 a.m. Saturday. But Miller said Wednesday she still needs volunteers to register people at the start, assign tasks and assist with lunch.

She said she also needs donated food and beverages to feed the volunteers.

Miller, the owner of All in One Stop, a San Leandro print shop, got involved in the search the day after the 5-year-old boy was reported missing from the rear driveway of Shuz of Rockridge, a shoe store where Jennifer Campbell, the boy's foster mother and aunt, works.

Campbell's fiance, Louis Ross, came to the store to drop off Hasanni and his 1-year-old sister. Ross told police he left the boy alone in the rear driveway for a few minutes and that when he returned, the boy was gone. Ross, 38, and Campbell, 30, were arrested Friday in the disappearance but later were released after the Alameda County District Attorney's Office refused to file criminal charges against them.

Police said Tuesday the couple are the only suspects in the case and that they have evidence that the boy was never at the shoe store.

Since Hasanni went missing, Miller has printed thousands of missing-person fliers and dozens of T-shirts with Hasanni's face and information about him and the case.

Miller got involved in searching for missing children after Sandra Cantu of Tracy went missing earlier this year. The 8-year-old girl later was found dead, and Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby, 28, has been charged with the killing.

To assist with Saturday's search, call Miller at 510-276-9090 or e-mail findhasanni@gmail.com.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/argus/l...ws/ci_13255429

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:46 am

MAYOR GAVIN NEWSOM ADDS $25,000 TO HASANNI CAMPBELL REWARD

September 04, 2009

San Francisco, CA—Today the Oakland Police Department Crime Stoppers Program received contributions to increase the reward fund for the Hasanni Campbell case from San Francisco and Alameda counties.

San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom authorized a $25,000 reward for information leading to the identification, apprehension and conviction of the person(s) responsible for the abduction of 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell.

"We hope this award will lead to information on the whereabouts of Hasanni Campbell," said San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom. "If you have any leads please contact the Oakland Police Department."

Hasanni Campbell´s biological parents live in San Francisco and San Francisco's Department of Human Services has been involved with Hasanni, checking in with his foster parents over the years. Alameda County Supervisors have assisted the Oakland Police Department by promising reward money for Crime Stoppers. Gail Steele and Scott Haggerty from the Alameda Board of Supervisors initiated the move to increase the reward by $25,000.

"This case has touched everyone in our community and across the region and with the increased reward money we are hoping to bring closure to this case," said Acting Police Chief Jordan of Oakland. "The Oakland Police Department wants to thank everyone who is involved in this generous effort."

Anyone with information is urged to call the Oakland Police Department (510) 777-3211 or (510) 238-7934 or Crime Stoppers at (510) 777-8572.

http://www.californiachronicle.com/articles/view/117413

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:47 am

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/13/california.missing.boy/index.html

Police check whether sweatshirt linked to missing boyStory Highlights
Volunteers looking for boy find partially buried gray sweatshirt in Oakland, California

Hasanni Campbell was said to have been wearing similar sweatshirt

Mon September 14, 2009

(CNN) -- Investigators are trying to determine whether a sweatshirt that volunteer searchers found Sunday is that of a missing California boy with cerebral palsy, Oakland police said.

Hasanni Campbell was last seen August 10 outside a shoe store in Oakland, California, his foster parents say.

Volunteers looking for 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell found a small gray sweatshirt partially buried Sunday afternoon off a cul-de-sac near an Oakland neighborhood where his foster parents reported he had disappeared last month, CNN affiliate KTVU reported, citing Oakland police.

Hasanni was said to have been wearing a gray sweatshirt on August 10, the day his foster father reported him missing, CNN affiliate KGO reported.

"Because [the sweatshirt found Sunday] is similar, it's gray, it does appear to be small ... and this is pretty close to the area where he was missing, we want to make sure that we analyze it and confirm," Oakland police Sgt. Arturo Bautista told reporters at the discovery site Sunday. Watch searchers pray after finding shirt »

Hasanni's foster parents, Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell, told police Hasanni disappeared while Ross was dropping him off at a shoe store where Campbell worked.

Less than a month later, Oakland police said they were treating the disappearance as a homicide, and arrested Ross and Campbell -- who also is Hasanni's biological aunt -- on Aug. 28 as suspects. However, both were released a few days later after the Alameda County District Attorney's Office concluded there was insufficient evidence to charge them, Deputy District Attorney Tom Rogers said on September 1.

Police haven't said why the case had become a homicide investigation. A body has not been found.

In an interview last month with HLN's Nancy Grace, Ross said he left Hasanni outside his BMW for two to five minutes while he went to get his fiancee to open the back door of the store.

"By the time I got there, Jennifer is already out of the store, walking toward me, asking, 'Where is Hasanni?' And I say, 'What do you mean, where is Hasanni?' And I look around to the side, and he is no longer there."

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:47 am

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/east_bay&id=7012945

Foster parents say sweatshirt not Hasanni's
OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- Volunteer search teams thought they had found some important clues Sunday in the case of missing Hasanni Campbell after they discovered a sweatshirt, sock and piece of a blanket on a hillside at the end of Chabot Road.

On Monday, the Oakland police crime lab will begin DNA testing the items found a little more than one mile from the spot where Hasanni Campbell was reported missing 34 days ago.

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

http://www.newsique.com/us/police_check_sweatshirt_in_missi/

Police check sweatshirt in missing boy case
U.S. / NEWS Mon Sep 14, 2009 @ 9:01am neoform
CNN
93% Average Credibility Investigators are trying to determine whether a sweatshirt that volunteer searchers found Sunday is that of a missing California boy with cerebral palsy, Oakland police said.

Volunteers looking for 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell found a small gray sweatshirt partially buried Sunday afternoon off a cul-de-sac near an Oakland neighborhood where his foster parents reported he had disappeared last month, CNN affiliate KTVU reported, citing Oakland police.

Hasanni was said to have been wearing a gray sweatshirt on August 10, the day his foster father reported him missing, CNN affiliate KGO reported.

"Because [the sweatshirt found Sunday] is similar, it's gray, it does appear to be small ... and this is pretty close to the area where he was missing, we want to make sure that we analyze it and confirm," Oakland police Sgt. Arturo Bautista told reporters at the discovery site Sunday. Watch searchers pray after finding shirt �

Hasanni's foster parents, Louis Ross and Jennifer Campbell, told police Hasanni disappeared while Ross was dropping him off at a shoe store where Campbell worked.

Less than a month later, Oakland police said they were treating the disappearance as a homicide, and arrested Ross and Campbell -- who also is Hasanni's biological aunt -- on Aug. 28 as suspects. However, both were released a few days later after the Alameda County District Attorney's Office concluded there was insufficient evidence to charge them, Deputy District Attorney Tom Rogers said on September 1.

Police haven't said why the case had become a homicide investigation. A body has not been found.

Ross and Campbell, who are engaged, have maintained their innocence.

In an interview last month with HLN's Nancy Grace, Ross said he left Hasanni outside his BMW for two to five minutes while he went to get his fiancee to open the back door of the store."By the time I got there, Jennifer is already out of the store, walking toward me, asking, 'Where is Hasanni?' And I say, 'What do you mean, where is Hasanni?' And I look around to the side, and he is no longer there."

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:48 am

Family Marks Birthday Of Hasanni Campbell

The family of Hasanni Campbell were privately commemorating his sixth birthday Thursday, while volunteers were organizing another search for the missing Fremont boy on Saturday.

Hasanni's grandmother, Pamela Clark, said the family was "just in seclusion" Thursday.

http://cbs5.com/crime/hasanni.campbe...2.1206951.html

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:49 am

Family Privately Commemorates Hasanni Campbell's Birthday

September 24, 2009

FREMONT, Calif. -- The family of Hasanni Campbell will be privately commemorating his sixth birthday Thursday, while volunteers are organizing another search for the missing Fremont boy on Saturday.

Hasanni's grandmother, Pamela Clark, said the family "is just in seclusion" Thursday.

Sherri-Lyn Miller, a San Leandro print shop owner who has been organizing regular searches for Hasanni, had originally planned to hold an event for the boy, but it was called off out of respect to the family.

However, Miller said that organizers will be searching Coyote Hills Regional Park in Fremont starting at 8 a.m. Saturday.

The search of that area was originally scheduled for last week, but was canceled due to permit issues, Miller said.

More than 75 people have already signed up to join the search, according to Miller. She said 124 people joined the last search, which took place near Lake Elizabeth in Fremont.

Hasanni, who suffers from cerebral palsy, was reported missing from the parking lot of the Shuz of Rockridge shoe store in the 6000 block of College Ave. about 4:15 p.m. on Aug. 10 by his stepfather, Louis Ross.

The boy's foster mother, Jennifer Campbell, works at the store. Ross, 38, and Campbell, 30, lived with Hasanni and another child, a 1-year-old girl, in Fremont.

On Aug. 28, Oakland police arrested Ross and Campbell and said they were treating the case as a homicide instead of a missing person case.

But the Alameda County District Attorney's Office announced several days later that it wouldn't file charges against Ross and Campbell because of insufficient evidence.

Oakland police have no new tips in the case, and police spokesman Jeff Thomason has said that police do not condone the private searches.

However, Miller said Hasanni "deserves to come home and we won't stop looking for him."

Miller said people wishing to join the search can call (510) 276-9090 or send an e-mail to findhasanni@gmail.com.

Volunteers will also be at the Rockridge Street Festival on Sunday, wearing T-shirts and passing out flyers with the goal of "getting his picture back out there," Miller said.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/21108876/detail.html

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:14 am

Vigil held in Hayward for Hasanni Campbell

HAYWARD, CA (KGO) -- Members of a church in Hayward held a candlelight vigil for Hasanni Campbell this weekend to mark two months since the young boy disappeared.

Hasanni's grandmother was among those who gathered Saturday at Westminster Hills Presbyterian Church to pray for Hasanni. His foster dad reported him missing from the parking lot of a shoe store in Rockridge two months ago.

"I want people to keep on looking for him and not give up hope, and keep your eyes open for him," his Hasanni's grandmother Pamela Clark.

Volunteers are also holding a big fundraiser on November 1st to keep the search going.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=7059127

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:24 am

HASANNI CAMPBELL FUNDRAISER

AN AFTERNOON IN THE VINEYARD
GARRE WINERY
7986 TESLA RD
LIVERMORE, CA 94550

NOVEMBER 1, 2009
2PM 8PM

Hasanni Campbell is a five year old child that was reported missing August 10, 2009 by his Foster Father at 4:15PM behind the Shuz of Rockridge Store. The Police have no leads and there are no tips. We are a group of volunteers that have spent hundreds of hours searching for this precious child. Hasanni suffers from cerebral palsy and walks with a limp.

This event will include live entertainment, door prizes, raffles, live and silent auctions, and vendors with unique items. Dinner and wine

The proceeds from this event will allow the search for Hasanni Campbell to continue.

Please order your tickets now, and help bring Hasanni Campbell home.

We thank you in advance for your generosity.

THE HASANNI CAMPBELL SEARCH TEAM
findhasanni@gmail.com
15976 E 14th St
San Leandro,CA 94578

510-276-9090

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:30 am

Tickets still available for Hasanni Campbell fundraiser

Updated: 10/29/2009

There are still tickets available for Sunday's fundraiser for missing Fremont boy Hasanni Campbell.

To keep his name in the news and raise money for search efforts, organizers are planning a fundraising dinner from 2 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Garre Vineyard and Winery, 7986 Tesla Road in Livermore.

The boy, now 6, was reported missing Aug. 10 from the rear driveway of Shuz of Rockridge, where his foster father, Louis Ross, 38, has said he left the boy alone while he went to the front of the store to alert Jennifer Campbell, the boy's 30-year-old foster mother and aunt, that he had arrived to drop off Hasanni and the boy's 1-year-old sister. Hasanni has not been seen since.

Sherri Miller, the 40-year-old San Leandro woman who has been heading searches and organizing monthly vigils, planned the roast beef and chicken dinner at the winery. She is expecting about 150 people for the four-course, $30-a-plate dinner but would like to sell more tickets, she said.

There will be entertainment from the Rave Ups, Marc Ovalle, Kelly Lynn Flynn and Ira Walker, she added, and acoustic performers during dinner.

John Winn from Winn Volkswagen in Fremont is donating at least $5,000 to the search fund, he said.

The event will include a prize drawing. Winn donated two San Francisco 49ers jerseys to the cause, he said. "I'm trying to do something nice and get everyone involved," he said.

Miller needs additional auction items and desserts

http://www.insidebayarea.com/oakland...ws/ci_13670664

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:32 pm

Hasanni Campbell
Submitted by Sherri on 14 October, 2009 - 00:00.
There are no knew leads at this point and no information. We will be holding a fundraiser and an awareness event at Garre Winery 7986 Telsa Livermore, CA 94550 on November 1, 2009 from 2pm to 8pm to raise funds to continue our search for Hasanni Campbell.

Tickets are $30 an includes dinner, live entertainment, entry into the door prizes. We will have vendors and awareness groups.

PLEASE COME OUT AND SUPPORT THE SEARCH FOR HASANNI

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/hassani-campbell

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:17 am

$75,000 reward for Hasanni Campbell

OAKLAND, CA (KGO) -- There is now a $75,000 reward for information leading to Hasanni Campbell.

It was announced at a small, but passionate vigil on Tuesday night, to draw attention to his disappearance, exactly three months ago.

more at http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=7112037

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:41 am

Hasanni Search Organizer Combats Waning Public Interest

Sherri Miller has been organizing searches and vigils for young Hasanni Campbell since the 5-year-old disappeared in August.

A small core of volunteers continues to look for the boy, who suffers from cerebral palsy. Miller is counting on the larger reward now being offered to recapture the public's attention.

“He’s still missing and he needs to be found,” she said.

This week’s vigil at College Avenue Presbyterian Church in Oakland drew just a half-dozen people, but Miller said she would not stop handing out flyers or searching until police determine what happened to the boy.

The reward was increased from $60,000 to $75,000 on Wednesday, a move investigators hope will at least generate new leads in the case.

Campbell disappeared from a car parked outside the Rockridge shoe store where his foster mother and aunt, Jennifer Campbell, worked. She and the boy’s foster father, Louis Ross were arrested on suspicion of murder and later released for lack of evidence.

http://www.kcbs.com/pages/5661796.php?

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:42 am

Why the deafening silence from missing boy's foster parents?
By Tammerlin Drummond
Staff columnist
Posted: 11/15/2009

THERE ARE a number of things about the disappearance of Hasanni Campbell that do not compute.

We can start with the story that his foster father Louis Ross told the police on Aug. 10 when he reported the 5-year-old Fremont boy missing from Rockridge.

Ross said he had left the child, who has cerebral palsy, standing in the back parking lot of a shoe store, where Hasanni's foster mother and biological aunt Jennifer Campbell worked. Ross said he ducked around to the front of the store to tell Campbell he was dropping Hasanni and his 1-year-old sister off with Campbell. When he returned, Hasanni had vanished.

Not an impossible story, certainly. But one that immediately raised red flags because of the impossibility of corroborating any of it.

Oakland Police make no bones about the fact that they believe Ross is lying — that the little Fremont boy had never even been in Rockridge, and that Ross himself was responsible for his disappearance.

Police hauled Ross and Campbell off to jail two weeks after Hasanni's disappearance. But the Alameda County District Attorney determined that the evidence wasn't strong enough to charge the pair. Frustrated police had no choice but to let Ross and Campell go.

Upon his release, an angry Ross told reporters that the police investigation was "irrelevant."

"We are going to do what we need to do as parents," Ross said, regardless of what the police did. "... As long as I have breath in my body we will search for Hasanni."

Yet the truth is, Ross and Campbell haven't done any of the things that parents of missing kids typically do to advocate for their children and keep their names and faces in the public eye.

Rather than staying in close touch with the police, and trying to keep up the pressure to find their child, Ross and Campbell have invoked their right not to talk to the police. That means investigators can no longer interview the foster parents unless they come to the police of their own accord — something they have not done since their arrest.

Neither have the parents made any effort to reach out to reporters at this newspaper — or any other media that I am aware of.

Anyone who knows anything about missing children cases — can tell you that it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

The only thing that has kept Hasanni's disappearance from falling completely off the radar are volunteers who have organized searches, held vigils and fund-raisers. The foster parents haven't even been going to those.

Your 5-year-old has been missing for three months now and you go totally silent? No public comments? Not even an appeal for Hasanni's return on what would have been the child's sixth birthday?

When is the last time you saw either one of these two tearfully calling for Hasanni's return?

"I see activity, but it's all coming from other people," says Marc Klaas who offered the services of his missing children foundation Klaaskids to help search for Hassani. "The normal advocate in this situation would be the family, but here, there is deafening silence."

Klaas' daughter Polly was abducted from her Petaluma home in 1993 in a case that made national headlines. She was later killed by a parolee.

Klaas' foundation works to help prevent crimes against children.

He says Ross never took him up on his offer of help.

Oakland Police said they have a homicide investigator assigned to Hasanni's case.

Sgt. Gus Galindo says the foster parents remain the only suspects and that investigators believe Hasanni was killed.

I wasn't able to reach Hasanni's foster parents. Their telephone numbers both have recordings that say they are not accepting calls.

Campbell's mother Pamela Clark, says both her daughters — Campbell and Hasanni's biological mother — are "devastated" over his disappearance.

Campbell, who was pregnant when Hasanni disappeared, is scheduled to have a baby any day now.

Clark is the one family member who has been attending the volunteer events organized for Hasanni, including a fundraiser earlier this month.

She last saw her grandson about a month before he disappeared.

"I just want to know where he is and what happened to him," she said. "I am looking at every child I see that passes by. I haven't given up the search."

Anyone with information is urged to call the Oakland Police Department at 510-238-7934 or Crime Stoppers at 510-777-8572. The reward for information leading to the conviction of the person or people who abducted Hasanni is $75,000. For information on how to assist in the search for hasanni visit www.hasannicampbell.com.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_13782127

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:25 am

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:09 am

Volunteers to remind residents about Hasanni Campbell
December 18, 2009
There is now a $75,000 reward for information leading to Hasanni Campbell.
FREMONT, CA -- A group of volunteers plans to gather Saturday to remind Fremont residents about the disappearance of 6-year-old Hasanni Campbell.

Hasanni was reported missing by his foster father, 38-year-old Louis Ross, who said the boy disappeared Aug. 10 from a car parked outside a shoe store in Oakland's Rockridge neighborhood.

Oakland police have said they are treating Hasanni's disappearance as a homicide investigation. Police in August arrested Ross and 30-year-old Jennifer Campbell, Hasanni's aunt and foster mother, in connection with the case, but the district attorney declined to file charges because of insufficient evidence.

Related Content

Story: $75,000 reward for Hasanni Campbell
Story: Search organized for missing Hasanni

San Leandro business owner Sherri Miller has been organizing searches, vigils and fundraisers for Hasanni.

She said Saturday's volunteers plan to go to four or five locations, including the Fremont neighborhood where Hasanni lived with his foster family and the Walmart where the boy was last seen in public. "We're not necessarily going through the trenches digging and looking for him," Miller said. "We want to get back out there and tell people he's still missing. He's been forgotten for whatever reason, but he has a biological family that misses him and wants him to come home."

Although it's been more than four months since Hasanni disappeared, Miller said volunteer interest is still strong in Fremont.

The boy's foster parents have stopped attending events and are no longer speaking to the media, Miller said, but his grandmother and a different aunt are involved in all of the efforts.

"In whatever capacity, he deserves to be found," Miller said. "That's what's so hard for me."

Volunteers plan to meet at 8 a.m. Saturday at the Caltrans carpool parking lot near the Newark Boulevard/Ardenwood Boulevard exit off state Highway 84.

Participants can sign up by e-mailing findhasanni@gmail.com or calling Miller at (510) 276-9090. They are also welcome to just show up.

The group is also collecting toys for two needy families, including relatives of Hasanni, Miller said. Coffee and doughnuts will be provided.

Anyone with information about Hasanni is urged to call the Oakland Police Department at (510) 777-3211 or (510) 238-7934 or Crime Stoppers at (510) 777-8572.

A $75,000 reward is being offered for information about Hasanni's disappearance.
http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...bay&id=7179445

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:13 pm

http://www.insidebayarea.com/argus/l...ws/ci_13763221

Low turnout at vigil for missing Fremont boy

OAKLAND — Turnout was poor at a Tuesday night's vigil marking three months since 5-year-old Hasanni Campbell was reported missing, an organizer said Wednesday.

"We had a handful of people, but that was it," said Sherri Miller, who has organized searches, vigils and at least one fundraiser for the missing Fremont boy.

But after a fundraiser in Livermore last week, the reward for information leading to a conviction in Hasanni's abduction now stands at $75,000.

Tuesday's gathering at College Avenue Presbyterian Church drew television news cameras, but few attendees, Miller said.

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:14 pm

Volunteers renew search for Hasanni Campbell

A group of 50 volunteers scoured the East Bay on Saturday, looking for signs of Hasanni Campbell, the 6-year-old boy with cerebral palsy who was last seen outside a shoe store in Oakland's Rockridge District on Aug. 10.

All they got, according to two volunteers, was a cold rebuke from Louis Ross, Hasanni's foster parent who was arrested in connection with the case but later released.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...6SIC.DTL&tsp=1

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:26 am

Months later, still no trace of Hasanni Campbell

Volunteers come up empty Saturday in the latest search for a missing East Bay boy.
By Joe Proudman, Correspondent
12/21/2009

It has been more than four months since Hasanni Campbell was reported missing. On Saturday, about 50 volunteers participated in the latest search for answers in the disappearance of the Fremont boy.

"We all know what we don't want to find," search coordinator Wayne Slack Sr. said. "We want to find him. We want to find out what happened to Hasanni."

Then, Slack added, "Let's be realistic, I don't think we're looking for a live child now."
The volunteers began at 8 a.m. searching sections of Highway 84 near DeVry University and near the home in Coyote Hills where Hasanni, whose 6th birthday was in September, lived with his foster parents and sister. The search expanded to about 50 members throughout the day and branched out to Berkeley, San Leandro and Hayward.

The group also distributed 10,000 fliers, some of them at the Walmart store on Osgood Road, in Fremont, the last place the boy had been confirmed seen, according to police.

"We may or may not find anything, but we have to at least try," said Sherri-Lyn Miller, one of the search organizers. "We got to look everywhere. I know we got 10,000 fliers and by the end of the day people are going to see his face."

Cate Coelho, of Rodeo, volunteered to hand out fliers in front of the Walmart, donning a red shirt with an image of Hasanni. Coelho said she was disappointed by the lack of effort in searching for the boy.

"I'm trying to help in a search that I feel no one cares about," Coelho said. "I think it's terrible and sad that a child could be lost like this and nobody cares. It was in the news, then it just disappeared. I just wanted to do something to help because I feel so bad for this child."

Hasanni, who has cerebral palsy, was reported missing Aug. 10. His foster father, Louis Ross, 38, said the boy vanished soon after he was temporarily left alone in the rear driveway of a shoe store in Oakland's Rockridge neighborhood where his aunt and foster mother worked. Ross and the aunt, Jennifer Campbell, 30, also cared for Hasanni's 1-year-old sister, who has since been removed from the couple.

Shortly after Hasanni went missing, police briefly held the foster parents on suspicion of murder, but they were released after criminal charges were not filed. They have been unavailable for comment ever since.

"They were involved in everything we did up until their arrest," Miller said of the foster parents' search for Hasanni. "We just wish they would cooperate, but they don't so we have to do what we do to find him."

Saturday was the last search of the year for Hasanni. A vigil is planned for Jan. 10 at College Avenue United Presbyterian Church, in Oakland. Miller said the group would continue to search for Hasanni until he is found.

"He's out there somewhere," she said. "He deserves to be found."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/trivall...ws/ci_14033517

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:04 am

Hassani Campbell update: Missing boy’s foster parents leave town
February 2, 5:34 PM

On Aug. 10, 2009, 5-year-old Hassani Campbell disappeared from an unlocked car in the Oakland, Calif. area—according to his caretakers, who recently left town and stopped talking to police and reporters after being investigated for the boy’s murder.

Hassani was last seen with his aunt, Jennifer Campbell’s fiancé, Louis Ross, 38, who said he left Hassani sitting in his unlocked BMW, parked outside a shoe store, where the boy’s aunt worked. The couple also cared for Hassani’s 1-year-old sister.

Ross told police he went to unlock the shoe store to allow Hassani to enter the store more easily because Hassani wears leg braces. He said the boy was gone when he returned to the car.

Court documents later revealed that Ross had sent angry text messages regarding the boy to Jennifer Campbell, threatening to leave Hassani at a train station. Authorities also revealed Ross had failed a polygraph test on Aug. 13.

On Aug. 28, the couple was arrested on suspicion of murder, but both were released shortly thereafter due to lack of evidence.

According to KLIV, the Oakland Tribune is reporting that Ross and Campbell have ended their relationship and gone their separate ways. Ross is reportedly living in Arizona and the family home in Fremont, Calif. is vacant and up for sale.

In the meantime, Hassani is still missing. He is described as African American with brown hair and brown eyes and was wearing a gray sweatshirt and gray pants when he was last seen. Anyone with information about Hassani should call the Oakland Police Department at 510-238-3641 or Crime Stoppers at 510-777-8572 or 510-777-3211.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m2d2-Hassani-Campbell-update-Missing-boys-foster-parents-leave-town?cid=examiner-email

Searchers Scour New Area for Hassani
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local-beat/Searchers-Scour-New-Area-for-Hassani-83403592.html

Foster Parents Of Missing Child Leave Bay Area
http://www.ktvu.com/news/22407315/detail.html

Volunteers Search For Hasanni Campbell In Clayton, Plan Vigil
http://www.ktvu.com/news/22423584/detail.html

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:46 am

Supporters remain hopeful six months after boy’s disappearance

Supporters gather for a candle-light vigil six months after Hasanni Campbell disappeared.

It’s been six months since Hasanni Campbell disappeared from outside a Rockridge shoe store, but the supporters who gathered outside the downtown Oakland police station Wednesday night continue to hope for his safe return.

About a dozen community members attended the vigil along with a half-dozen reporters, a far cry from the 100-150 people that organizers expected. The supporters carried signs highlighting the $75,000 reward being offered. They carried candles, and many wore clothes bearing the child’s name and likeness.

“Our efforts will not stop. We are committed to finding Hasanni,” said Courtney Tascoe-Burris, who helped organize the vigil. “We believe somebody saw something. … We are imploring you to please come forward, please come tell the detectives at this station what you may know.”

Hasanni, a Fremont boy with cerebral palsy who would have turned six in September, disappeared from a car parked near Shuz of Rockridge at 6012 College Avenue around 4 p.m. August 10, 2009, according to his foster father, Louis Ross. But an extensive police search turned up no sign of the boy.

On Aug. 28, Oakland police arrested Ross and his fiancée Jennifer Campbell, the boy’s biological aunt, on suspicion of murder, but the District Attorney’s office declined to file charges.

This month news media have reported that Ross and Campbell have since moved out of their Fremont home and their whereabouts are unknown.

But despite the months of disappointment, supporters held fast to the idea that Hasanni is still alive at Wednesday’s vigil. “It’s only been six months. We don’t consider six months a long time. The case of Jaycee Dugard tells us that we should not give up our search. We should not give up our hope,” said Dr. Ramona Tascoe, the mother of Tascoe-Burris and ex-wife of attorney John Burris, who had at one point been acting as an advisor to the child’s foster parents. “Hasanni may very well still be alive so we are calling on the public to have a renewed strength, a renewed commitment.”

Among those gathered to support Hasanni was Tena Oakley, a Newark woman whose 32-year-old daughter disappeared three years ago. “Because my daughter is an adult and she’s in Michigan, there is no searching going on for her,” said Oakley. “I strongly believe that if you help people you’ll end up getting help too. … I’m hoping that if we find Hasanni maybe my daughter will show up, or we’ll be able to find — something.”

Toward the end of the rally Oakland Police Chief Anthony Batts came out to address the small crowd of supporters and news media. He said that the department is considering the case an active homicide investigation and he gets frequent updates on the case.

“Although we consider it that way and we still have to follow up those leads, we still ask that you look out for young Hasanni Campbell just in case that is not the case,” said Batts.

Batts said the police department is pursuing leads with the District Attorney’s office, but he would not say whether Campbell’s foster parents are the subject of that investigation.

“We wanted to show public support for the detectives, the Oakland Police Department’s effort, but then also to encourage them and challenge them to do more,” said organizer Tascoe-Burris. “If attention was going to be brought to this story, it was going to take a community effort, it was going to require a grassroots movement.”

When asked what more the police should be doing, Tascoe-Burris paused.

“Can I toss that one?” her mother chimed in. Tascoe claimed that several people told police they saw a boy matching Campbell’s description walking along College Avenue the day he disappeared, but that the police reports contradict these witnesses accounts. She said that the police have not answered why the case became a homicide investigation or why the foster parents were arrested and then released.

“When that story went out, there was nothing that doubled back and said, ‘Well we were wrong. We were premature,’” said Tascoe. “We were left to believe as the public that the story was true but we’re not going to do anything about it.”

“We need to have answers for why we’re not going to do anything about it if you think these people killed this child,” she said. “We frankly don’t buy the story that they killed him until and unless we see proof that there’s reason to believe that—and even then, as you know, innocent until proven guilty.”

At the end of the rally, the supporters began to sing, “We shall find Hasanni soon,” to the tune of “We Shall Overcome.”

“Oh, deep in our hearts, we do believe, that we shall find Hasanni soon,” they sang, their heads bowed, almost in prayer, as the TV news cameras pulled back to capture the tableau.

http://oaklandnorth.net/2010/02/11/supporters-remain-hopeful-six-months-after-boys-disappearance/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.   

Back to top Go down

Hassani Campbell (5) 8/10/09 Oakland, Cali.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next