~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Tue May 04, 2010 6:35 am

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit."
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Tue May 04, 2010 6:44 am

Most Gracious Heavenly Father,
We thank You for our mothers to whom You have entrusted the care of every precious human life from its very beginning in the womb.

You have given to woman the capacity of participating with You in the creation of new life. Grant that every woman may come to understand the full meaning of that blessing, which gives her an unlimited capacity for selfless love for every child she may be privileged to bear, and for all Your children.

Watch over every mother who is with child, strengthen her faith in Your fatherly care and love for her and for her unborn baby. Give her courage in times of fear or pain, understanding in times of uncertainty and doubt, and hope in times of trouble. Grant her joy in the birth of her child.

To mothers You have given the great privilege and responsibility of being a child's first teacher and spiritual guide. Grant that all mothers may worthily foster the faith of their children, following the example of Mary, Elizabeth, and other holy women who follow Christ. Help mothers to grow daily in knowledge and understanding of Your Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, and grant them the wisdom to impart this knowledge faithfully to their children, and to all who depend upon them.

Assist all "spiritual mothers", those who, though they may have no children of their own, nevertheless selflessly care for the children of others -- of every age and state in life. Grant that they may know the joy of fulfilling this motherly calling of women, whether in teaching, nursing, religious life, or in other work which recognizes and fosters the true dignity of every human being created in Your image and likeness.

We beseech You to send Your Holy Spirit, the Comforter, to all mothers who sorrow for children that have died, are ill or estranged from their families, or who are in trouble or danger of any kind. Help grieving mothers to rely on Your tender mercy and fatherly love for all your children.

We ask your blessing on all those to whom You have entrusted motherhood. May Your Holy Spirit constantly inspire and strengthen them. May they ever follow the example of Mary, mother of Our Lord, and imitate her fidelity, her humility, and her self-giving love. May all mothers receive Your Grace abundantly in this earthly life, and may they look forward to eternal joy in Your presence in the life to come.

We ask this through our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, world without end.
AMEN.

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit."
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Fri May 07, 2010 7:22 am

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Fri May 07, 2010 7:23 am

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Thu May 13, 2010 7:29 am

Governor Charlie Crist signs 'Child Abduction Prevention Act' Into Law.

http://chasingthecyclone.com/Florida_s_New_Law__CAPA.html

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

PR Log (Press Release) – May 11, 2010 – It is official! Late this afternoon in Tallahassee, Florida Governor Crist officially signed the landmark ‘Child Abduction Prevention Act’ into law. The ‘Child Abduction Prevention Act’ will go into effect on January 1st, 2011.

Championed by Representative Darryl Rouson (D- St. Petersburg), the groundbreaking legislation that is now law will provide the Florida courts the responsibility to assess risk factors associated with a potential parental child abduction and further allows for judges overseeing high-risk cases of potential abduction to issue court orders that will prevent a child’s abduction from occurring.

Representative Darryl Rouson issued the following statement, “I am extremely pleased to announce that as of today, my dream and goal of creating law that would help prevent our state’s children from experiencing the nightmare of child abduction is now a reality. As abduction cases in our state and the nation continue to increase at alarming and unprecedented levels, it has become apparent that the combative way to prevent this epidemic from spreading was to create a sweeping law that will aid the courts in protecting our children. The ‘Child Abduction Prevention Act’ certainly does this. I would like to thank Governor Crist and all of my fellow lawmakers, including child advocate Senator Eleanor Sobel, for realizing the importance of this law. The significance of this new law in Florida should be a lesson for all states presently considering child abduction prevention legislation; it is critical to the children of every state to have preventive laws in place that will protect their well being. I would also like to thank Carolyn Ann Vlk, the astute writer of the ‘Child Abduction Prevention Act’ for her tremendous leadership in writing such a sweeping law, and, Peter Thomas Senese for his substantial advocacy in support of our state’s new law. Today is a great day for the children of Florida.”

Senator Eleanor Sobel (D- Fort Lauderdale) previously stated, “Abductions are incredibly damaging and can haunt a child for the rest of their lives. This new law will keep Florida’s children safe from these potentially devastating experiences… abductions out of the state or the country can be extremely harmful to children. It is also nearly impossible to locate and return a child who has been taken to a foreign country. The safest and most cost effective approach is to simply prevent an abduction.” Florida’s new law does exactly that.

Peter Thomas Senese, the author of the highly anticipated book on international parental child abduction titled ‘Chasing The Cyclone’ and one of the lead child abduction prevention advocates who actively championed for the passage of the legislation into law added, “Child abduction prevention laws such as Florida’s breakthrough ‘Child Abduction Prevention Act’ are the lines of first defense against the pandemic of abduction sweeping our nation and the world. There are many unique components that make the legislation that Carolyn Ann Vlk wrote that Florida’s legislative branch and Governor Crist enthusiastically supported that is best measured by the unprecedented act that this bill was unanimously passed into law. One of the unprecedented components of this law that uniquely stands out is that courts now have the opportunity to seek the assistance of the Department of Homeland Security's’ ‘Prevent Departure Program’ that is implemented via the Department of State in potential international child abduction cases. So in a certain sense, the Florida law, in my opinion, is actually the implementation of two laws: one is a new state law, and the second is a federal law few individuals are aware already exists.

“Now with the passage of this historic law, I hope other states will update or pass new legislation that will protect our nation’s children from abduction. According to the extensive report on abduction trends Carolyn Ann Vlk and I recently released titled, ‘International Parental Child Abduction: Crisis In America’, our study’s findings demonstrated an increased threat of abduction due to many tangible factors including economic hardship and increases in immigration population to our country. Child abduction prevention laws in all states are critical, and I was happy to play my role alongside the fine lawmakers in the state and one of our nation’s great child advocates, Carolyn Ann Vlk.”

Carolyn Ann Vlk, the author of the ‘Child Abduction Prevention Act’ stated, “Words cannot express the myriad of emotions I am experiencing at this historical moment in Florida State history. My dream of creating a comprehensive legislation to protect children from abduction is now a reality. My heart is filled with gratitude towards the many people whom have made this moment possible. First and foremost on behalf of the children and families of Florida I would like to express my deepest gratitude to State Representative Darryl E. Rouson, District 55. I first met with Representative Rouson in 2007 and relayed my family’s story and concerns that my child was at risk of being abducted. I shared my insight that our current laws were lacking reliable risk assessment and preventive measures to prevent the unspeakable tragedy of child abduction. Representative Rouson immediately offered to help in any way possible and has been a staunch children's advocate and a driving force leading the way for Florida to set the precedent for other states to follow. Henry Moseley, legislative aide to the Representative has been an invaluable and constant source of information and assistance throughout this entire process. I feel honored to have worked with Senator Eleanor Sobel who was the Senate sponsor of our bill. Senator Sobel has had a long and illustrious political career and her advocacy on behalf of our state’s children was undeniable. Thanks also go out to her legislative aide, Nick Matthews, whose political knowledge and expertise was invaluable in this process.

“And to Governor Charlie Crist, thank you Governor, for recognizing that our children need to be protected and for taking this issue seriously and acting proactively to better protect our precious citizens.

“What began as purely a personal issue and an innate desire to protect my own child morphed into the ‘Florida Child Abduction Prevention Act’. As I researched this issue, I found it difficult to believe that so many children were either at extreme risk of abduction, or worse, had already been abducted. I felt that my advocacy needed to extend beyond making sure my own child was protected and thus I began the writing of this bill.

“I would also like to express my most sincere thanks to author Peter Thomas Senese, a successful chasing parent who has actively and tirelessly advocated along with me. Peter has traveled from Los Angeles to Florida on several occasions, providing important testimony before the State legislators. He substantially raised the bar of awareness and understanding on this issue before our lawmakers, and he raised the profile of how important and significant an issue child abduction really is. Florida resident, Captain William Lake, whose own daughter Mary remains criminally abducted in Japan, also provided invaluable testimony in front of State legislators. And due to Peter Thomas Senese’s assistance, Ken Connelly, who was abducted as a child also provided testimony in front of our policy makers. I also would like to thank my family, for the love and support they have provided throughout this journey, I am forever indebted.

“My greatest desire has been to significantly reduce the number of children that are abducted and I believe that will be achieved through proper risk assessment and the implementation of preventive measures within our family court system. Indeed this is a monumental day for the great State of Florida now that the ‘Child Abduction Prevention Act’ is law.

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Sun May 23, 2010 8:38 am

Go to projectjason.org!

Help us find the missing: Become an AAN Member and receive notifications about missing persons via email.

Click here to become a part of the solution: http://www.projectjason.org/awareness.shtml

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:26 am

Driver Licenses to Identify Sex Offenders Driver License ...
http://www.dps.state.ok.us/dls/newrelease.pdf

Convicted sex offenders and persons convicted of a crime against a child are required to renew their driver's license or identification card every year. Applicants must be in compliance with offender registration requirements before a license or ID will be issued or renewed.

This program was established by Senate Bill 341 of the 2005 Nevada Legislature. See also NRS 483.283 and Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 179D.
http://www.nevadadmv.state.nv.us/dlso.htm

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:12 am

MISSING CHILDREN

If you have seen any of these children, or know of their location,
please call Child Find, toll-free, at 1-800-I-AM-LOST (1-800-426-5678).

http://www.childfindofamerica.org/missing.htm

Other Resources for Finding Missing People

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
www.missingkids.com

National Center for Missing Adults
www.missingadults.org

National Runaway Switchboard
www.nrscrisisline.org

Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
www.ojjdp.ncjrs.org

Prevent Child Abuse--America
www.preventchildabuse.org

Prevent Child Abuse--New York
www.preventchildabuseny.org

State Clearing Houses for Missing Children

Team HOPE--Support for Families with Missing Children
www.teamhope.org

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:13 am

Since 1983, our nation has observed May 25th as National Missing Children’s Day. First proclaimed by President Ronald Reagan and observed by every administration since, May 25th is the anniversary of the day in 1979 when 6-year-old Etan Patz disappeared from a New York street corner on his way to school.

His story captivated the nation. His photo, taken by his father, a professional photographer, was circulated nationwide and appeared in media across the nation and around the world. Etan became the poster-child for a movement. The powerful image came to symbolize the anguish and trauma of thousands of searching families.

The widespread attention brought to Etan's case and several others eventually led to a nationwide commitment to help locate and recover missing children. National Missing Children’s Day honors this commitment by reminding parents, guardians, and others to make child safety a priority.

Poster Contest: http://www.ojjdp.ncjrs.gov/programs/postercontest/2010/materials.html

http://www.take25.org/page.asp?page=51

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:13 am

National Missing Children's Day - May 25

Between 1979 and 1981 a series of high-profile missing-children cases became national headlines. Three such cases contributed to the shock of the nation’s consciousness bringing attention to the seriousness of child victimization and forever changing the response by law-enforcement agencies to reports of missing children.

On May 25, 1979, Etan Patz disappeared from a New York City street on his way to school. Even before cases of missing children routinely garnered national media attention, Etan’s case quickly received a lot of coverage. His father, a professional photographer, disseminated black-and-white photographs of Etan in an effort to find him. The massive search and media attention that followed focused the nation’s attention on the problem of child abduction and lack of plans to address it.

For almost three years national media attention was focused on Atlanta, Georgia, where the bodies of young boys and girls were discovered in lakes, marshes, and ponds along roadside trails. By the time a suspect was arrested and identified in 1981, 29 bodies were recovered. The suspect was apprehended, convicted, and now serves a life sentence in prison.

On July 27, 1981, 6-year-old Adam Walsh disappeared from a Florida shopping mall. His parents, John and Revé Walsh, immediately turned to law-enforcement agencies to help find their son. To their disappointment, there was no coordinated effort among law enforcement to search for Adam on a state or national level, and no organization to help them in their desperation.

The tragedies of these children and others exposed a fundamental flaw. There was no coordinated effort between federal, state, and local law enforcement; no national response system in place; and no central resource to help searching families. When it came to handling missing-children cases, the United States was a nation of 50 states often acting like 50 separate countries.

The momentum that began with the disappearance of Etan, Adam, and the 29 missing and murdered children of Atlanta led to photographs of missing children on milk cartons and, ultimately, a nationwide movement. In 1983 President Ronald Regan proclaimed May 25 National Missing Children’s Day. Each administration since has honored this annual reminder to the nation to renew efforts to reunite missing children with their families and make child protection a national priority. National Missing Children’s Day is a reminder to all parents and guardians of the need for high-quality photographs of their children for use in case of an emergency, and for the need for everyone to pay close attention to the posters and photographs of missing children.
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/NewsEventServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=1305

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:14 am

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:14 am

May our efforts help to bring home the missing and

bring justice to criminals.

WWW.RECOVERTHEMISSING.ORG

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:15 am

New Forensics Research Will Help Identify Remains Of Children
Identifying skeletal remains can be a key step in solving crimes, but traditionally it has been exceptionally difficult to identify the skeletal remains of children.
Credit: David Hunt, North Carolina State University

Updated: May 13, 2010

WAKE COUNTY, N.C.

New research from North Carolina State University is now giving forensic scientists a tool that can be used to help identify the remains of children, and may contribute to resolving missing-persons cases, among other uses. Identifying skeletal remains can be a key step in solving crimes, but traditionally it has been exceptionally difficult to identify the skeletal remains of children.

"The key finding in our research is that children's faces attain the shapes they will have in adulthood much earlier than previously thought," says Dr. Ann Ross, an associate professor of anthropology at NC State and lead author of the new study. This finding is important because physical anthropologists use the shape of the skull to examine similarities and differences between populations, such as between Eastern Europeans and Mediterranean populations. This means that forensic experts can help identify the ancestry of skeletal remains in much younger individuals than is currently the case.

For example, Ross was able to use these findings to examine the remains of an unidentified 10-year-old boy, whose body was found in 1998, and determine that he was of Mesoamerican origin. That finding gives investigators additional information on the cold case, which can be used for facial reconstruction, among other things.

Until now, anthropologists relied solely on the remains of people who were at least 18 years old when studying the craniofacial (i.e. skull) characteristics of different populations. Similarly, forensic analysts did not attempt to assess the ancestry of remains belonging to people under the age of 18.

But the researchers have found that the population-specific traits that can be measured in the skull are actually present—and can be measured—at least as early as the age of 14. "These findings can likely be applied to much younger remains as well," Ross says, "but we did not have a large enough sample size to include younger kids in this paper."

One of the things that made this work possible was the use of shape analysis, relying on "geometric morphometrics"—which is a field of study that characterizes and assesses biological forms. Geometric morphometrics has led to the development of software, statistical tools and research methods that enabled the researchers to examine shape differences in the skulls of children and adults.

"In the past," Ross says, "this was impossible because traditional techniques for measuring craniofacial characteristics relied on calipers—which introduced size as a confounding variable." In other words, it was impossible to compare the small skulls of children to the larger skulls of adults.

The researchers collected craniofacial measurements from the remains of children between the ages of 14 and 16. The researchers then ran the data through modeling software and additional statistical analyses to determine whether children differ significantly from adults in terms of the craniofacial markers that identify a given population.

In addition to forensic applications, the findings also represent a breakthrough for physical anthropologists studying past civilizations. Because craniofacial characteristics are used to examine differences between populations, these findings can help anthropologists advance our understanding of how populations have moved or changed over time. The study shows that anthropologists can now use the remains of children to help get a snapshot of what the population looked like in a specific area—they are no longer limited to using the craniofacial remains of adults.

The paper describing the research, "Craniofacial Growth, Maturation, and Change: Teens to Midadulthood," was co-authored by Dr. Shanna Williams of the University of Florida and was funded, in part, by the National Institute of Justice. The paper was published earlier this month by The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/05/100513093733.htm

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:01 am

Charley Project
http://www.charleyproject.org/
NamUs
http://www.namus.gov//

Missing Persons in the United States

A Child Is Missing
http://www.achildismissing.org/

Doe Network
http://www.doenetwork.org/

FBI Kidnapping and Missing Persons Investigations
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/kidmiss.htm

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/index.php

Links at this site:
(http://www.ancestorhunt.com/missing-persons.htm)
Alabama Missing Persons
http://community.dps.alabama.gov/Default.aspx

Arkansas Missing Persons
http://www.independencesheriff.org/links.htm
http://www.acic.org/missing/index.htm

Arizona Missing Persons
http://arizona.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

California Missing Persons
http://www.ag.ca.gov/missing/

Colorado Missing Persons
http://colorado.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/index.html

Connecticut Missing Persons
http://missingkids.idribble.com/usa/connecticut/
http://connecticut.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Delaware Missing Persons
http://delawaremissingadults.com/
http://delaware.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Florida Missing Persons
http://florida.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Georgia Missing Persons
http://georgia.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Idaho Missing Persons
http://idaho.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Illinois Missing Persons
http://illinoismissingadults.com/
http://www.isp.state.il.us/crime/missing.cfm

Indiana Missing Persons
http://indianamissingadults.com/
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmalistview.php?wstr=Adult&state=IN&alpha=%
http://someoneismissing.com/indiana/missing.htm

Iowa Missing Persons
http://www.icgov.org/default/apps/police/missingPersons.asp
http://www.iowaonline.state.ia.us/mpic/

Kansas Missing Persons
http://www.kansas.gov/kbi/missingpersons.shtml
http://www.kansascrimestoppers.com/missingpersons.html

Louisiana Missing Persons
http://louisianamissingadults.com/
http://someoneismissing.com/louisiana/missing.htm
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=usMapSearch&missState=LA&searchLang=en_US

Maine Missing Persons
http://mainemissingadults.com/
http://maine.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Maryland Missing Persons
http://maryland.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/
http://marylandmissingadults.com/
http://www.marylandmissing.com/missingpersons.html

Massachusetts Missing Persons
http://massachusetts.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Michigan Missing Persons
http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1589_31786_32000---,00.html
http://someoneismissing.com/michigan/missing.htm
http://michigan.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Minnesota Missing Persons
http://minnesota.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Missouri Missing Persons
http://missouri.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Mississippi Missing Persons
http://crimestoppersnems.com/missing.aspx
http://mississippi.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Montana Missing Persons
http://montana.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Nebraska Missing Persons
http://nebraska.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Nevada Missing Persons
http://nevada.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

New Hampshire Missing Persons
http://new-hampshire.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

New Jersey Missing Persons
http://new-jersey.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

New Mexico Missing Persons
http://new-mexico.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

New York Missing Persons
http://new-york.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

North Carolina Missing Persons
http://north-carolina.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

North Dakota Missing Persons
http://north-dakota.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Ohio Missing Persons
http://ohio.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Oklahoma Missing Persons
http://www.ocpd.com/missing_persons/missing_persons_front.htm
http://oklahoma.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Oregon Missing Persons
http://oregon.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/
http://someoneismissing.com/oregon/missing.htm

Rhode Island Missing Persons
http://www.risp.state.ri.us/missingchildren/
http://rhode-island.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Pennsylvania Missing Persons
http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/
http://pennsylvaniamissingadults.com/
http://pennsylvania.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

South Carolina Missing Persons
http://south-carolina.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

South Dakota Missing Persons
http://south-dakota.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Tennessee Missing Persons
http://tennessee.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Texas Missing Persons
http://texas.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/
http://texasequusearch.org/category/missing/

Utah Missing Persons
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/missingpersons.html
http://utah.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Vermont Missing Persons
http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/missing/
http://vermontmissingadults.com/

Virginia Missing Persons
http://virginia.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/
http://virginiamissingadults.com/

Washington Missing Persons
http://www.waspc.org/mp/missing.php
http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/mpu.htm
http://someoneismissing.com/washington/missing.htm

West Virginia Missing Persons
http://west-virginia.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Wisconsin Missing Persons
http://wisconsin.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Wyoming Missing Persons
http://wyoming.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Related Missing Persons Links:
Katrina Missing Person
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2077

NamUs - National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.
http://namus.gov/index.htm

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:01 am

The Disappearance of Etan Patz
By Anthony Bruno
Future Flight Captain

The morning of May 25, 1979, was hectic at the New York City home of Stanley and Julie Patz. They lived in a converted loft in Manhattan's Soho district, pioneers in a section of the city that would later become the place-to-be for New York trendsetters. Soho had been Manhattan's manufacturing zone, characterized by block after block of 19th century, iron-fronted factories standing shoulder to shoulder. On overcast days it was easy to imagine the gloomy sweatshop conditions of old New York, but in the 1970s, a fair number of these buildings were dark and empty, and the streets were desolate and forbidding at night. Still, people were making their homes in the neighborhood, breathing new life into it. Artists were first drawn to the area, attracted to the large, open spaces and cheap rents. Stanley Patz, a photographer, and his wife Julie lived in a loft on Prince Street with their three children: Shira, then age 8; Etan, 6; and Ari, 2.

Julie ran a day-care center out of her home. On the morning of May 25, as was her routine, Julie got her own children ready for the day as she prepared for the 14 preschoolers she cared for. As Julie dished out breakfast for her family, little Etan started agitating to walk himself to the bus stop again. He'd been asking if he could for some time now. A six-week school bus strike had just ended; the buses were scheduled to resume service that day. During the strike, the Patzes had hired a woman to walk Etan to school, but now that the buses were back, Etan pleaded with his parents to let him walk the two blocks to the bus stop by himself. Etan was a good boy, and it was a close-knit neighborhood where the residents watched out for the children, so the Patzes gave in and told him he could walk to the bus stop like a big boy.Etan was elated. He was dressed all in blue that day—blue pants, blue corduroy jacket, and blue sneakers with distinctive fluorescent stripes along the sides. He carried a blue cloth bag with an elephant pattern on the fabric. And as usual he was wearing his black "Future Flight Captain" pilot's cap, which covered his straight, light-brown hair. He pulled it down low over his brow, shading his blue eyes. He wore his prized cap all the time, even to bed. He'd bought it at an outdoor flea market for 10 cents.

Julie took Etan downstairs to the street and gave him a dollar for a soft drink at the local bodega. It was a misty morning, and the pavement was wet. Julie watched Etan as he started his big journey, two short blocks to the corner of Prince and West Broadway where the bus would pick him up. She kept her eye on him as he proceeded to the first corner at Wooster Street. After he crossed, Julie went back upstairs, confident that Etan could make it the rest of the way by himself. It was just 150 feet to the bus stop.

A woman who lived nearby saw Etan as he stood on the corner of Wooster and Prince, a relatively quiet intersection, as he waited to cross. A mailman also saw him at that intersection. They were the last people known to see Etan Patz.

The Boy on the Milk Carton

The school bus arrived at the West Broadway stop at 8:10 a.m. A group of children got on, but Etan Patz wasn't with them. Later that morning at the Independence Plaza School on Greenwich Street, Etan's first-grade teacher noticed his absence but failed to report it to the principal's office. Julie Patz was unaware that her son was missing until that afternoon. The bus returned to the West Broadway stop at 3:15 p.m. The neighbor who always picked up Etan along with his own daughter was puzzled when Etan didn't get off the bus. His daughter informed him that Etan hadn't been in school that day. The man wondered why Julie or Stanley hadn't called to let him know that Etan was staying home that day.

At the Patzes' loft, Julie was beginning to worry. Etan should have been home by now. She called the neighbor who usually escorted Etan and learned for the first time that Etan hadn't been in school that day. Julie immediately called the police, then called her husband who raced home.

NYPD Detective William Butler got the call from his dispatcher at 5:15 p.m., and he and his partner drove directly to the Patzes' loft. As soon as Detective Butler spoke to Etan's parents, he knew instinctively that this was not a typical lost-child situation. In most cases it's just a case of crossed signals, kids thinking they have their parents' permission to go to a friend's house when they really don't. Other kids just wander off and play hooky. But Butler felt this case was different.

The search for Etan Patz began that evening. Nearly 100 officers combed the area, knocking on doors, searching rooftops and basements. The Patzes' apartment was used as a temporary command post because Etan knew his phone number. Julie and Stanley hovered by the phone, praying for him to call. The police stood by in case a kidnapper called in with a ransom demand.

The night wore on. Just before midnight it started to rain. Julie fretted because Etan had left that morning with only a light jacket. Detective Butler quietly worried that the rain would wash away Etan's scent. Bloodhounds were being brought in from upstate, but they weren't scheduled to arrive until 8 a.m. He hoped there'd be something left for the hounds to smell.

The next morning when the bloodhounds finally arrived, they were given a pair of Etan's pajamas to identify their subject, then they were sent out into the streets with their handlers. In the meantime the search area was expanded to encompass the entire lower end of Manhattan from 14th Street to Battery Park. Police helicopters hovered over the search zone, scanning rooftops. Police boats scoured the waterways.

The police appealed to the public for any tip that could lead to the boy's whereabouts. Toll-free telephone numbers were set up, and calls started pouring in, some from as far away as California. Neighborhood residents helped in the search, papering the city with color posters of Etan's face. The media jumped on the story and propagated several erroneous leads regarding Etan Patz sightings in Boston and other places.

On Sunday, May 27, a witness came forward who claimed to have seen a boy who fit Etan's description talking to a "suspicious-looking man" three blocks from the corner of Prince and Wooster Streets where Julie had last seen her son. Under hypnosis, the witness described the man as white, about 40 years old, with freckles and dyed blond hair. It was a tenuous lead because the witness wasn't sure if the boy she'd seen was actually Etan Patz, but the police couldn't discount any possibility.

For days it seemed that Etan's smiling face was everywhere—on lamp poles, in store windows, in the newspapers, on television. The police continued the search, giving it everything they had. But on June 6, 13 days after he disappeared, the emergency response was terminated. Etan Patz's disappearance remained an open case, but most of the officers who had taken part in the search were eventually reassigned to other cases. But for Detective Butler, Etan's case was still very much on the front burner. Nearly every day he would drive down Prince Street at 8 a.m., imagining what might have happened to Etan on the morning of May 25, hoping that something would occur to him that he hadn't thought of before, that he would see something that would trigger an idea. He visited the scene every morning for years, and Julie Patz took comfort in looking out her window and seeing his car pass by. As long as the case was still active, Etan might still be alive.

But weeks turned into months and months turned into years. Etan became the first missing child to be featured on a milk carton. The search for the skinny, middle-aged, blond man with freckles was ultimately fruitless. It wasn't until 1982 that detectives in the Bronx picked up a suspect in an unrelated crime and stumbled upon a solid lead. The suspect was a known pedophile.

I Was Ready to Explode

Jose Antonio Ramos was a drifter who sold cheap jewelry and small toys on the street to get by. His graying hair was long and unkempt, and his beard hung down to his chest. He weighed 180 pounds and stood five feet nine inches, his posture was hunched. Despite his off-putting appearance, his voice was unusually soothing and gentle. NYPD officers arrested him in 1982 for allegedly attempting to lure two young boys into the drainage tunnel where he'd been living. In searching the tunnel, the police found several photographs of young boys, most of them with light-colored hair similar to Etan's. Detectives questioned Ramos about his interest in young boys and asked if he knew anything about Etan Patz. He denied knowing anything about the missing child, but he did say that he knew the woman who had walked Etan to the bus stop every morning during the school bus strike.

The detectives proceeded cautiously. Could it be possible that after all this time, they had stumbled upon the first solid lead in the coldest missing person's case the city had ever seen? They urged Ramos to explain his relationship with the woman who had worked for the Patz family, but the suspect was cautious himself. He refused to say any more about the woman. He did, however, reveal that in 1979 when Etan had disappeared, he had suffered a nervous breakdown and that he had been hearing a voice in his head. It "would try to force me to get violent," he said.

"I had to hold it back," he said during the videotaped interrogation. "I had to do a lot of really forceful holding back, you know. 'Cause I was... I was ready to explode."

Ramos said nothing more about Etan Patz.

Detectives tracked down the woman who had been hired to walk Etan to the bus stop during the strike. The woman admitted that she had been seeing Ramos in 1979. At the time Ramos had been renting an apartment on the Lower East Side. She broke down into tears when she revealed that Ramos' interest in her was just a ploy to get to her young son whom he had molested on several occasions. She never attempted to bring charges against Ramos.

Ramos was clearly a dangerous individual, but the police didn't have enough evidence to charge him with a crime. They had no choice but to release him.

Three years later, in 1985, federal prosecutor Stuart GraBois was assigned to the Patz case. His boss at the time, then U.S. Attorney Rudy Giuliani, instructed him to do whatever it took to get a conviction, and Giuliani promised to give GraBois whatever he needed to make that happen. GraBois started poring over the old files. When he read the police reports on Ramos, he decided the man deserved further investigation. By this time Ramos was incarcerated at Rockview State Penitentiary in Pennsylvania, serving a sentence on an unrelated child molestation conviction. GraBois arranged to have Ramos brought to New York for questioning, and U.S. marshals escorted the suspect to GraBois' office in lower Manhattan.

Oddly, when Ramos was brought to New York, he thought the authorities there were after him for tax evasion. Two detectives from the NYPD Missing Persons Squad, Robert Shaw and Daniel Cavallo, sat in on the interview. Ramos was read his Miranda rights and offered a lawyer if he wanted one. He declined, saying that he didn't need a lawyer. He had read up on criminal law while in prison and become a "jailhouse lawyer," offering legal advice to other inmates at Rockview. Ramos was in good spirits as the interview began. Apparently he was looking forward to matching wits with a real attorney.

GraBois was patient. For an hour and a half, he questioned Ramos about his background, his childhood, and his prison experiences. Ramos remained cool and seemed to enjoy the attention. Then GraBois finally dropped the bomb: "How many times did you have sex with Etan Patz?" he asked.

Ramos' face sagged. He was visibly rattled. As reported by Edward Klein in Vanity Fair, Ramos started to sob. "I'll tell you about it," he said. "I'll tell you everything. I never told anyone any of this before. I want to get it off my chest."

Ramos said that he saw a boy who fit Etan Patz's description in Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village "that morning." The boy was alone, "bouncing a ball." The park is roughly four city blocks north of the Patzes' home in Soho.

GraBois asked him what the boy looked like. Blond and blue-eyed, Ramos said. He then described Etan's distinctive blue sneakers with the "bright strips." Ramos said he invited the boy to his apartment to watch television.

GraBois asked Ramos why he wanted the boy to go with him.

"For sex," Ramos said.

Ramos described his attempts to molest the boy, but the boy "wasn't interested," so Ramos gave up. He said he then took the boy for a walk through the Village and finally put him on a subway "to visit his aunt in Washington Heights." The Patzes have no relatives in Washington Heights.

GraBois and the detectives expressed their disbelief, but Ramos clung to his story. He said that the next night he saw television news reports on the search for Etan Patz, and he was "90 percent sure" that this was the boy he had taken to his apartment. Ramos claimed that he left his apartment and tried to help in the search for Etan himself. In his gut, GraBois felt that Ramos had not parted company with Etan Patz at the subway stop as he claimed and that Ramos was responsible for what happened to the boy. If Ramos hadn't murdered the boy to eliminate a witness to his pedophilia, he might have sold Etan to another child molester or an illegal adoption broker. GraBois pressed Ramos to come clean, but the man wouldn't say anything more about Etan Patz. He finally said that he wanted to tell GraBois everything, but "maybe I better have a lawyer here." By law, GraBois had to terminate the interrogation until Ramos was provided legal representation. Later, as the suspect was escorted out of GraBois' office, Ramos told Detective Shaw that when he finally told them everything, Shaw would get a "promotion" and become "famous."

The Light-Haired Teenage Boy

Jose Antonio Ramos never made a full confession. In subsequent interrogations, he flitted around the issue but basically stuck to his original story: he had taken a young boy who might have been Etan Patz to his apartment for sex and released him later that day. The police and prosecutors handling the case were sure he was lying, but they had no proof. Charges could not be brought against him. But Stuart GraBois was not about to let Ramos serve out the remainder of his sentence in Pennsylvania and go free. The Patz family deserved to know what had happened to their son, and GraBois vowed to do everything he possibly could to bring Ramos to justice.

Ramos, a Puerto Rican-American, was born in the Bronx on July 23, 1943. The oldest of five brothers, he claimed to have had sexual relations with one of his brothers when they were children. He also claimed to have been molested by an uncle. After dropping out of high school, he enlisted in the Navy in 1960. At various times he has claimed to have received decorations and commendations in the Navy and has boasted of having held an executive position in a New York advertising firm, accomplishments that cannot be substantiated.

By the early '70s he had become a drifter, bumming his way around the country, earning money selling used merchandise on the streets. Over the years he had been arrested several times in several different states for a variety of crimes from burglary and battery to "exposing his person."

When he was arrested in the Bronx in 1982 for allegedly luring young boys into his makeshift drainage-tunnel residence, the police were unable to assemble enough evidence to bring charges, but five months later he was arrested again, this time at a video-game arcade in Times Square, for propositioning three young boys between the ages of 9 and 12. Charges were filed against Ramos but were later dropped when the boys, all of them street-tough delinquents, failed to answer subpoenas for their testimony.

In 1983 Ramos showed up outside Watersmeet, Michigan, where several thousand members of the Rainbow Family, a loose collective of hippie holdovers, New Agers, and assorted free spirits, were having their annual gathering. Ramos was observed handing out Star Wars figurines and trading cards to the children at the convocation's Kid Village. His behavior alarmed some of the caregivers, and they alerted the Rainbow Family's internal security force, the Shanti Sena, who asked Ramos to leave. He departed without putting up a fuss.

Two years later he showed up at the Rainbow Family annual gathering at the Mark Twain Forrest in Missouri. He was traveling with a light-haired teenage boy. They'd arrived in a 1978 blue Ford school bus that Ramos had bought at an auction in Coconut Grove, Florida. Once again Ramos was spotted hanging around Kid Village, handing out small toys and trinkets, and the Shanti Sena were immediately alerted. They remembered Ramos from their last encounter with him, and this time they took his picture and kept an eye on him. While at the gathering, Ramos made friends with a couple from Erie, Pennsylvania, and their two little boys.

After the Rainbow Family reunion, Ramos showed up unannounced at this couple's home on several occasions. Whenever he came, he offered to do work around the house—painting, car repairs, whatever needed doing. The couple eventually trusted Ramos enough to let him baby-sit their boys while they were away for a day or so. They later discovered that Ramos had molested one or both of the children while they were under his care.

Incredibly, the following year Ramos and the teenage boy arrived at the next Rainbow Family gathering at Hearts Content in Pennsylvania's Allegheny National Forest. Once again the Shanti Sena caught him hanging around Kid Village, and this time they followed him back to his blue bus and banged on the door. Ramos was inside with his teenage friend and a little boy he'd met at the gathering. He swore he hadn't touched the child, but the Shanti Sena didn't believe him. They photographed both him and the light-haired teenager, and gave Ramos a stern warning to stay away from the children. At least one of the Shanti Sena was convinced that Ramos was scouting out children he could kidnap and sell.

Sensing that they meant business, Ramos abandoned his companions and fled from the gathering with only his dog, an akita named Jesse. But the Shanti Sena finally decided it was time to notify the police about this man. State troopers intercepted Ramos near Route 80 in Shippenville, Pennsylvania. He was arrested and charged with "involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, statutory rape, and indecent assault." He confessed to sexually assaulting the child in his bus, but because the police failed to read him his Miranda rights, the confession had to be thrown out and the case was dropped.

Ramos went free but not for long. The next year he was convicted of molesting the two young boys in Erie and sentenced to prison at Rockview State Penitentiary in Bellefonte, Pennsylvania.

His blue bus, which had been impounded by the police in Shippenville, was declared abandoned and sold to a salvage dealer who towed it away and cleaned out its contents. Among the items found in the bus was Ramos' diary. The man who found it flipped through it quickly, decided it was worthless, and tossed it into the fire where he was burning the rest of Ramos' trash. No one will ever know if Ramos had written anything that could have connected him to the disappearance of Etan Patz.

But what became of the light-haired teenage boy who had been traveling with Ramos? The Shanti Sena had noted in 1986 that he was about 13 or 14, which was about how old Etan Patz would have been. Could this have been him? What happened to him after Ramos had fled the Rainbow Family gathering?

"He's a Predator"

Federal Prosecutor Stuart GraBois had Ramos transported from prison in Pennsylvania to his office in New York for interviews on several occasions. Sometimes Ramos would be a wiseass, once showing up wearing a yarmulke and speaking in a Yiddish accent. Other times he behaved himself, but he always clung to his original story. Yes, he admitted, he had been with a boy who could have been Etan Patz the day Etan disappeared, but he did not harm the boy. Ramos insisted time and again that he had put the boy on a subway headed for his "aunt in Washington Heights." But when GraBois found out about the charges that were dropped in Warren County, Pennsylvania, on a technicality, he took a new tack. At one of the interviews, he made Ramos a solemn promise. If Ramos didn't start cooperating, GraBois would get himself deputized in the state of Pennsylvania and try that case himself. He wasn't bluffing. If he couldn't persuade Ramos to confess to what he had done with Etan Patz, GraBois would make sure that Ramos would stay imprisoned for as long as the law allowed. Ramos was taken back to Rockview, and GraBois set the wheels in motion for his legal debut in Pennsylvania.

While investigating the Warren County case, GraBois received a surprise assist from the members of the Shanti Sena who had been alerted to Ramos' suspicious behavior at Rainbow Family gatherings. Overcoming their counter-culture distrust of law enforcement, the Shanti Sena gave GraBois the Polaroid they had taken of the teenager who had been traveling with Ramos. As soon as he saw it, GraBois was afraid to even think that after all these years this could possibly be Etan Patz. The photo was sent to FBI headquarters in Washington, D.C., where it was compared with photos of Etan's parents when they were in their early teens as well as photos of Etan's siblings. Existing photos of 6-year-old Etan were fed into a computer that aged the image and predicted what Etan would look like at age 14. The photo the computer produced was nearly identical to the Polaroid of the teenager who had been traveling with Ramos.

Still, GraBois was reluctant to jump to conclusions. He had learned from the Shanti Sena that the teenager's parents ran an orphanage in Columbus, Ohio. GraBois and his investigators flew to Ohio and searched for this teenager. They learned that the boy had been adopted, which would have been a logical cover story if Ramos had sold Etan to the owners of the orphanage. GraBois wanted to believe that this was indeed Etan Patz, but he knew that he needed proof, and he was determined to get it. Before attempting an approach, GraBois wanted as much information as he could find. Further investigation revealed that the teenager had been arrested, which meant his fingerprints had to be on file in Ohio. Thrumming with anticipation, the investigators had the fingerprints analyzed and compared to Etan's fingerprints. When the results came back, the news was disappointing. The fingerprints didn't match. Police finally approached the teenager and obtained samples for DNA analysis. Once again, no match. The teenager wasn't Etan Patz.

Nevertheless, GraBois pressed on with the Warren County case against Ramos. His investigators located the little boy who had been in the bus with Ramos at Hearts Content and discovered that he had indeed been molested by Ramos. GraBois figured that, even if he couldn't solve the Etan Patz case, another conviction would keep Ramos off the streets that much longer, sparing more children from the man's abuse.

The trial began in October 1990. Ramos, now clean shaven and with short hair, spoke to reporters as if he were insane, inviting them to a "shrimp dinner" at the jail that night. Ramos, the jailhouse lawyer, had already filed numerous motions with the court, and in a letter to the judge he admitted his crime and asked that the child he had molested not be put through the anguish of having to relive the incident in court. The request was unnecessary. His attorney had already worked out a plea bargain with prosecutors in which Ramos would plead guilty to oral intercourse if the charges of anal intercourse were dropped. GraBois agreed to the deal because he, like Ramos, did not want to put the boy through the turmoil of testimony in open court. The judge sentenced Ramos to 10 to 20 years on top of his existing sentence. It was the strictest sentence the law would allow.

Some felt that GraBois had missed a golden opportunity to get Ramos on the stand and grill him about Etan Patz, but GraBois didn't think that Ramos could be intimidated. GraBois' strategy was to pile so many years on top of Ramos that he might finally see the logic of coming clean. GraBois was willing to have him transferred to a more desirable federal penitentiary in exchange for the truth about Etan Patz. GraBois even sweetened the deal by offering to reunite Ramos with family members he hadn't seen in more than 18 years. But Ramos didn't budge from his original story, and so he was sent back to Rockview to serve hard time.

Ramos was subsequently transferred to the Smithfield Correctional Institution in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania. Two inmates who had served time with Ramos over the years each swore that Ramos had separately told them details about Etan Patz, but when confronted with these statements, Ramos insisted that he knew nothing more than he'd already admitted.

In October 1985 the focus of the investigation shifted to Israel where a previously unpublished photo of Etan appeared in an Israeli magazine with the caption "Etan Ben-Haim." The photo had been taken by Stanley Patz, who had given prints to friends and relatives. It was not one of the photos that had been released to the press, which made the investigators suspicious. Stuart GraBois traveled to Israel and enlisted the help of the Israeli police, but attempts to track down the source of that photograph yielded nothing of substance. The focus of the investigation remained on Jose Antonio Ramos.

In the summer of 2000, police in New York did a thorough search of the building on East 4th Street on Manhattan's Lower East Side where Ramos had lived in 1979. They scoured the apartment and the basement, looking for bone fragments that could be used for DNA analysis. Their efforts were exhaustive but ultimately fruitless.

"He's a predator," Stanley Patz said of Ramos in an interview broadcast on 60 Minutes II, "and he should never be allowed to be near children again. He should be kept behind bars until he's too old to walk."

Every year on October 9, which is Etan's birthday, and May 25, the day he disappeared, Stanley Patz sends Ramos a copy of Etan's missing-persons leaflet. On the back he always types the same message: "What have you done with my little boy?"

On November 15, 2000, Stanley and Julie Patz signed a petition asking the court to declare Etan legally dead so that they could file a wrongful-death suit against Ramos. They are convinced that Ramos is responsible for the disappearance of their son.

Ramos' sentence will be up on March 13, 2014, unless he is granted parole. He was denied parole in June 2000, but he will become eligible for reconsideration in 2003.

Etan Patz, if he's still alive, will be 36 years old this year.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/etan_patz/index.html

Back to top Go down
Suzi
Team Missing
Team Missing

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:06 am

MISSING CHILDREN

If you have seen any of these children, or know of their location,
please call Child Find, toll-free, at 1-800-I-AM-LOST (1-800-426-5678).

http://www.childfindofamerica.org/missing.htm

Other Resources for Finding Missing People

National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
www.missingkids.com

www.missingadults.org

National Runaway Switchboard
www.nrscrisisline.org

Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
www.ojjdp.ncjrs.org

Prevent Child Abuse--America
www.preventchildabuse.org

Prevent Child Abuse--New York
www.preventchildabuseny.org

State Clearing Houses for Missing Children

Team HOPE--Support for Families with Missing Children
www.teamhope.org

*Fly away Haleigh *
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Charley Project
http://www.charleyproject.org/

NamUs
http://www.namus.gov//

Missing Persons in the United States

A Child Is Missing
http://www.achildismissing.org/

Doe Network
http://www.doenetwork.org/

FBI Kidnapping and Missing Persons Investigations
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/kidmiss.htm

http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/index.php

Links at this site:
(http://www.ancestorhunt.com/missing-persons.htm)
Alabama Missing Persons
http://community.dps.alabama.gov/Default.aspx

Arkansas Missing Persons
http://www.independencesheriff.org/links.htm
http://www.acic.org/missing/index.htm

Arizona Missing Persons
http://arizona.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

California Missing Persons
http://www.ag.ca.gov/missing/

Colorado Missing Persons
http://colorado.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/index.html

Connecticut Missing Persons
http://missingkids.idribble.com/usa/connecticut/
http://connecticut.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Delaware Missing Persons
http://delawaremissingadults.com/
http://delaware.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Florida Missing Persons
http://florida.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Georgia Missing Persons
http://georgia.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Idaho Missing Persons
http://idaho.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Illinois Missing Persons
http://illinoismissingadults.com/
http://www.isp.state.il.us/crime/missing.cfm

Indiana Missing Persons
http://indianamissingadults.com/
http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmalistview.php?wstr=Adult&state=IN&alpha=%
http://someoneismissing.com/indiana/missing.htm

Iowa Missing Persons
http://www.icgov.org/default/apps/police/missingPersons.asp
http://www.iowaonline.state.ia.us/mpic/

Kansas Missing Persons
http://www.kansas.gov/kbi/missingpersons.shtml
http://www.kansascrimestoppers.com/missingpersons.html

Louisiana Missing Persons
http://louisianamissingadults.com/
http://someoneismissing.com/louisiana/missing.htm
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=usMapSearch&missState=LA&searchLang=en_US

Maine Missing Persons
http://mainemissingadults.com/
http://maine.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Maryland Missing Persons
http://maryland.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/
http://marylandmissingadults.com/
http://www.marylandmissing.com/missingpersons.html

Massachusetts Missing Persons
http://massachusetts.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Michigan Missing Persons
http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1589_31786_32000---,00.html
http://someoneismissing.com/michigan/missing.htm
http://michigan.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Minnesota Missing Persons
http://minnesota.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Missouri Missing Persons
http://missouri.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Mississippi Missing Persons
http://crimestoppersnems.com/missing.aspx
http://mississippi.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Montana Missing Persons
http://montana.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Nebraska Missing Persons
http://nebraska.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Nevada Missing Persons
http://nevada.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

New Hampshire Missing Persons
http://new-hampshire.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

New Jersey Missing Persons
http://new-jersey.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

New Mexico Missing Persons
http://new-mexico.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

New York Missing Persons
http://new-york.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

North Carolina Missing Persons
http://north-carolina.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

North Dakota Missing Persons
http://north-dakota.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Ohio Missing Persons
http://ohio.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Oklahoma Missing Persons
http://www.ocpd.com/missing_persons/missing_persons_front.htm
http://oklahoma.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Oregon Missing Persons
http://oregon.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/
http://someoneismissing.com/oregon/missing.htm

Rhode Island Missing Persons
http://www.risp.state.ri.us/missingchildren/
http://rhode-island.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Pennsylvania Missing Persons
http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/
http://pennsylvaniamissingadults.com/
http://pennsylvania.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

South Carolina Missing Persons
http://south-carolina.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

South Dakota Missing Persons
http://south-dakota.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Tennessee Missing Persons
http://tennessee.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Texas Missing Persons
http://texas.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/
http://texasequusearch.org/category/missing/

Utah Missing Persons
http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/missingpersons.html
http://utah.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Vermont Missing Persons
http://www.dps.state.vt.us/vtsp/missing/
http://vermontmissingadults.com/

Virginia Missing Persons
http://virginia.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/
http://virginiamissingadults.com/

Washington Missing Persons
http://www.waspc.org/mp/missing.php
http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/mpu.htm
http://someoneismissing.com/washington/missing.htm

West Virginia Missing Persons
http://west-virginia.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Wisconsin Missing Persons
http://wisconsin.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Wyoming Missing Persons
http://wyoming.uscity.net/Missing_Persons/

Related Missing Persons Links:
Katrina Missing Person
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=2077

NamUs - National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.
http://namus.gov/index.htm

Caylee Marie Anthony
8-9-05 to 12-11-08

Sexual Offenders in your area:
http://www.familywatchdog.us/
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:29 pm

:candle:

Caylee Marie Anthony
8-9-05 to 12-11-08

Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:51 pm

:candle:

Caylee Marie Anthony
8-9-05 to 12-11-08

Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:32 am

Caylee Marie Anthony
8-9-05 to 12-11-08

Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:33 am

Caylee Marie Anthony
8-9-05 to 12-11-08

Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:35 am

Caylee Marie Anthony
8-9-05 to 12-11-08

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:37 am

Links to State Police Agencies
http://www.usamissing.com/splinks.htm

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:38 am

Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:49 am

surreyduo wrote:
Nancy Grace to do 50 shows on missing persons cases beginning Monday
January 15th, 2011 7:15 pm ET

Nancy Grace to do 50 shows on missing persons cases beginning Monday

On Monday, Nancy Grace will begin two months of specials focusing on missing person, in the hopes it will bring national attention to the cases -- some of them going back 30 years.

The Associated Press reports that ‘Nancy Grace: America’s Missing,’ will air 50 individual cases on 50 different weekdays, which will follow her regular nightly HLN show.

“Anything that can move a case forward to me would be worth it,” said Grace. “If a case gets solved that would be like a blessing from heaven.”

The first case Grace will focus on is that of Lindsey Baum, 10, who vanished from Washington state in June 2009.

According to the report, most of the shows will feature children and teenagers, however, Grace will also air one show that focuses on 27-year-old Iowa anchorwoman, Jodie Huisentruit, who’s been missing since 1995.

Scot Safon, HLN’s Chief Executive told the AP, “They always have to make hard choices on what they can fit into their one hour… So they viewed the second hour as a real opportunity to spotlight 50 cases they feel deserve attention.”

Grace added that she and the network are “very conscious” of criticism the media receives regarding the attention given to missing white women. She noted that her shows will feature several cases “involving minorities,” reports the AP.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-national/nancy-grace-to-do-50-shows-on-missing-person-cases-beginning-monday?CID=examiner_alerts_article

Caylee Marie Anthony
8-9-05 to 12-11-08

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)   

Back to top Go down

Moderator's Notes (Missing from ages 1-12)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next