http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3UYGNj3Q80

Nancy 9/16/09 Haleigh Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V9eAUjgzas
Back to top Go down
findhaleigh
Team HaLeigh
Team HaLeigh

PostSubject: Re: Nancy 9/16/09 Haleigh Part I-II   Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:38 am

NANCY GRACE TRANSCRIPT (Aired September 16, 2009)

GRACE: Very quickly, everyone, we`re going to Satsuma, Florida. I want to give you the latest in the disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings.

Straight out to Art Harris, investigative reporter. You can find him at www.artharris.com. I understand the brother of girlfriend-turned- stepmother, Misty Croslin, has been taken into custody. For what?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST, ARTHARRIS.COM: Nancy, Hank Jr., Hank Tommy Croslin, was arrested and has been charged with grand theft for allegedly stealing a Colt pistol from a neighbor. And you wouldn`t think that was a, quote,. "serious crime,` but the bond is set at $50,000.

GRACE: Do you believe, Art, that they`ve taken him into custody on this argument over a pistol in order to try to get him to talk about Haleigh`s disappearance?

HARRIS: Well, they have wanted anyone, Nancy, close to the family to tell them what they know about Misty, about anything related to the crime. So I do.

GRACE: To Ronald Cummings, joining us tonight. He is Haleigh`s father, he`s joining us exclusively since this arrest.

Ronald, what do you make of it?

RONALD CUMMINGS, FATHER OF MISSING 5-YR-OLD HALEIGH CUMMINGS: Miss Nancy, I don`t know what to make of it. I just don`t -- I don`t know what to think.

GRACE: Well, what is the brother-in-law telling you? What are you hearing from Misty`s people?

CUMMINGS: Miss Nancy, we don`t have much contact with the family. Misty has an injunction against Thomas, so we don`t have any contact with them.

GRACE: To Terry Shoemaker, the attorney for Ronald Cummings, do you think they arrested him to put pressure on him to find out what he may or may not know about Haleigh`s disappearance?

TERRY SHOEMAKER, ATTORNEY FOR RONALD CUMMINGS: Well, you know, like what just said, $50,000 is very high bond for a grand left. You know, so I would imagine they`re looking at every angle they can and if they think that they can put a little weight on him and get him to talk about anything he might know, I`m sure they`re going to do that.

GRACE: Now, let me ask you. Back to you, Ronald Cummings. You say that no more communications with Misty Croslin`s family. What is Misty Croslin telling you? Is there any possibility that she left the home that evening and hasn`t told you?

CUMMINGS: If there is a possibility of it, I don`t know anything about it.

GRACE: Do you believe that she will try again to undergo hypnosis in order to clear her mind regarding that evening?

CUMMINGS: I`m not sure. I don`t think so.

GRACE: Why?

CUMMINGS: Because I don`t believe that it`s necessary.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Investigators maintain Misty Croslin is the key to finding Haleigh, saying she has never given them a detailed account of her movements the night Haleigh went missing.

MISTY CROSLIN, RONALD CUMMING`S WIFE, LAST SEEN HALEIGH: I`ve been trying to do everything to find her, you know, I will answer any questions I have to.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Back out to Ronald Cummings. Ronald, you said that -- you just told us that her going under hypnosis is not necessary. Since she has flunked polygraphs don`t you want to get to the bottom of what happened.

CUMMINGS: Of course I want to get to the bottom of what happened, Miss Nancy. But I don`t know if hypnosis is going to do it. They`ve already tried to hypnotize.

GRACE: Are you of the mind that you should try anything?

CUMMINGS: Absolutely. If that`s what we need to do, then that`s what we can do.

GRACE: Art Harris, wrap it up for me. What do you make of all of this?

HARRIS: Nancy, I think that you`re going to see a major turn in the investigation here. Pressure is mounting. And Ronald and Misty are going to have to sit down and have some real heart to heart about what may be coming out from her brother and from other members of the family.

Today they visited a cousin, Joe Overstreet, in Tennessee interviewed by investigators and a lot of people are being interviewed and re- interviewed.

GRACE: Well, Ronald, as we say good night, I want you to know regardless, our thoughts and prayers are still with you and with Haleigh.

Everyone, let`s stop and remember Army Captain Mark Garner, 30 years old, Elkin, North Carolina. A West Point grad, on third tour, also served Afghanistan. Received a Good Citizenship Award from Daughters of the American Revolution.

Had a smile that lit up a room. Loved running, sports, traveling with his wife. Visited 52 countries. Leaves behind parents, Beth and Don, sisters Rachel and Jo, widow Michaela.

Mark Garner, American hero.

Thanks to our guests but especially you for being with us. And a special good night from friends of the show, Ann Mercer University law students, Riza, Jennifer, Lee, Courtney, Brittany, Charles, John, David and Eric.

Aren`t they a beautiful bunch?

And happy birthday to South Carolina friend, Lieutenant Matthew Reese. Happy birthday, Matthew.

Everyone, I`ll see you tomorrow night, 8:00 sharp Eastern. And until then, good night, friend.

END

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0909/16/ng.01.html
Back to top Go down

Nancy 9/16/09 Haleigh Part I-II
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1