PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Olten (9) R.I.P.   Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:45 pm

:candle:

Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Olten (9) R.I.P.   Thu May 13, 2010 7:41 am

Judge Says No To Bustamante Getting Education in Jail

Tuesday, May 11, 2010
http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2010/05/11/breaking_news/doc4be9b7dd6eba9366554260.txt

Cole County Presiding Judge Pat Joyce has denied a motion by Alyssa Bustamante’s lawyers to allow her to continue her schooling while awaiting trial in the case of the killing of Elizabeth Olten last October.

The judge also ruled Tuesday that Bustamante’s attorney’s could get some court records without having Cole County Prosecutor Mark Richardson know the details.

Bustamante’s public defenders Charles Moreland and Donald Catlett had argued that since Alyssa is 16, under Missouri law she is given the right to an education and the county should pay for that.

Richardson had argued that Bustamante was expelled by the Jefferson City Public School District after she was indicted as an adult in this case and therefore was getting the same treatment as an adult that is incarcerated.

On the court records matter, Moreland and Catlett said they were making the request because they had found that in preparing for a trial, there were times they needed certain records, such as family members medical or psychiatric files, that they are not able to get through the signed release of their client. This information could be helpful in building their case.

Richardson said the defendant is not entitled to the special treatment that this would provide.

Another status hearing on the case is scheduled for late July.

It’s believed the trial won’t happen until sometime next year.

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit."
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Olten (9) R.I.P.   Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:12 am

:rip:

Caylee Marie Anthony
8-9-05 to 12-11-08

Sexual Offenders in your area:
http://www.familywatchdog.us/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elizabeth Olten (9) R.I.P.   

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth Olten (9) R.I.P.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2