HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

10/17/09 Benefit Concert for Haleigh Cummings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
findhaleigh
Team HaLeigh
Team HaLeigh

PostSubject: 10/17/09 Benefit Concert for Haleigh Cummings   Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:28 am

http://texasequusearch.org/2009/11/101709-benefit-concert-for-haleigh-cummings/

11/09/09 – There has been much speculation and many rumors concerning the benefit concert for Haleigh Cummings, which took place on October 17, 2009. Texas EquuSearch was to be the beneficiary of a portion of the proceeds raised by the benefit. While the intentions were very good, the benefit did not raise any money that was donated, as evidenced by the letter below.

Letter:

http://texasequusearch.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/WatkinsBenefitLetter.jpg

Team HaLeigh

PostSubject: Re: 10/17/09 Benefit Concert for Haleigh Cummings   Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:31 am

http://www.bloggernews.net/122901
Haleigh Cummings – The Benefit Concert – Fact Or Fiction?
Posted on November 7th, 2009
by Simon Barrett in All News, Society and Culture, crime
Read 698 times.

There was a huge amount of scuttlebutt that did the rounds of us press types when seemingly out of nowhere, a benefit concert to secure more money in the search for missing Haleigh Cummings was announced. Early reports had it that all proceeds would be going to the Haleighbug Foundation. I guess what confused me was the huge amount of secrecy that seemed to accompany this concert. At one point the deal was, send money, and then we will tell you the address.

It is still confusing, both TJ Hart and myself have been trying to find just one person that attended. A loyal reader of BNN did send us some interesting video. This purportedly was shot at the concert.

The band is fine, I have no issue with them, they even know their way around the frets of a guitar. But, and this is a very big BUT, I hang out in the music industry. I know musicians, videographers, producers, soundmen, roadies, I know em all. I have never in my life seen a video of a concert that at some point does not show the audience.

In fact this video gets even stranger, the tickets were billed at $10 each, which incidentally is a give away price these days. But, the backdrop to the stage is clearly an aluminum sided building, you can see that when the cameraman finally pans out. You can also spot the absence of any audience. Well maybe you can count the Video guy, but, I’ll bet he got in free!

In front of the stage they do have a hand written sign, “Let’s Bring Haleigh Home”.

I guess my confusion lays in what exactly is going on? Was this a benefit concert for Haleigh Cummings? Or was this something different? Of course the question of how many tickets were sold, and what happened to the money also gets my interest.

The destination of the proceeds also seems to have been a moving target, the web announced that all monies will go to the Haleighbug Foundation, another says that proceeds will go to Tim Miller and his Equusearch group, while a third claimed that proceeds would go toward increasing the reward money for information that helps find Haleigh.

You make your own decision, watch this and tell me what you think?

Jan made a very salient point, while we do not go to many concerts, we certainly go to some. Where are the waving hands, the bobbing heads? It is just a band playing in an industrial area after everyone else has gone home.They have a lighting gantry, but it is not clear to me that it is even plugged in properly, and operated the way it should. The sole light source of any importance comes from a white spotlight from the right side of the stage.Is this video really from this much touted benefit concert?

If it is, where are the people, and maybe more importantly what happened to the money?

Watch it for yourself, and tell me what you think.

Haleigh Cummings is still missing. What happened to her? Someone knows, and that someone needs to step forward. If this was indeed the ‘benefit’ concert, something is very badly wrong.

You can bet that this is going to be a subject that gets some air time on the radio program tomorrow! Actually, this likely would be a good opportunity to mention that we will have a guest panelist on the program. Levi Page has been following both the Caylee and Haleigh stories, better still, he is a guy that like the rest of us, devils with the actual people involved, rather than rehashing old news.

Simon and Jan Barrett

Team HaLeigh

PostSubject: Re: 10/17/09 Benefit Concert for Haleigh Cummings   Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:35 am

Team HaLeigh

PostSubject: Re: 10/17/09 Benefit Concert for Haleigh Cummings   Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:37 am

BENEFIT CONCERT FOR HALEIGH CUMMINGS

On October 17, 2009, we held a Benefit Concert for missing child Haleigh Cummings. We had a dream of how it would all turn out. Life is not a dream and reality doesn’t always live up to our dreams, sometimes it just works out in a different way. Like most of the country, we had been seeing Haleigh’s picture everywhere. We fell in love with her; and because of our past experiences we felt close to her family even though we did not know them. On October 17, we met them. We met her mother Crystal Sheffield, her grandmother Marie Griffith, and her 10 year old aunt Savannah. Crystal and Tina embraced immediately, two mothers that know what it is liketo have a missing child. They did not know each other, just on the internet; but the bond was strong! We spent all night with them, talking, laughing, crying and in sometimes in complete silence. Tina’s daughter had her baby with her and Crystal wanted to hold him. She did not let go for a very long time, watching her you could see her motherly love and nurturing instincts, there was nothing more touching and beautiful at that moment. She is the kind of person that hides her pain well, but everyone around her that night knew that she loves her little girl with all her heart and soul. Her heart was breaking every single moment! Like she said, “No body knows what she has gone through in her life and how she really feels about her children”. Everything she said and did proved to us that her pain is unbearable and very real.We made some life-long friends! Their strength and class was apparent in everything they did. They were very kind to our staff and volunteers, everyone felt like they had known them for years. The best part of the night came all the way from Houston! Mr. Tim Miller from Texas Equusearch drove all the way from Houston, Texas to the Benefit to meet Crystal and Marie. They talked like old friends and made plans to search for Haleigh. Crystal and Marie told us that they had never met Mr. Tim Miller and if it wasn’t for the Benefit, they probably would not have met. Mission accomplished! Mr. Tim Miller will use all his resources to help Crystal and Marie and will not give up until Haleigh is found! The rest of the night, they enjoyed the music and company. There was less stress and pressure in their hearts, they knew that Mr. Miller would never give up! Meeting Mr. Miller was a great pleasure for us all, a nicer and kinder man, we have never met. That night brought together a lot of amazing people that might have never met, all were there for a beautiful little girl that most of us have never met but yet we all love her! Let’s all help Mr. Tim Miller “Bring Haleigh Home!” Mail all donations to: Texas EquuSearch, P.O. Box 395, Dickinson, Texas 77539 Online donations can be made at the Texas EquuSearch website at : www.texasequusearch.org. Crystal and Marie we are behind you 100% each and every day! God Bless you and help you in your search for America’s Little Sweetheart: Haleigh Cummings!

Sam Watkins (the guy who performed) on his site: http://www.samwatkinscountry.com/Shows_and_Events.html

PostSubject: Re: 10/17/09 Benefit Concert for Haleigh Cummings   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1