Share | 

Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.   Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:23 pm

Luis Martinez (2) 11/27/2009 Fla. R.I.P.

2-year-old boy reported missing in Valrico

Luis Martinez was reported missing at 3:30 p.m. today.

By PETER BERNARD | WFLA
Published: November 27, 2009

A toddler has been missing since this afternoon in eastern Hillsborough County, and the sheriff's office is searching for him from the air and ground.

In addition to deputies searching on foot, horseback and helicopter, the sheriff's office has brought out the K-9 unit to search for 2-year-old Luis Martinez.

His parents reported Luis missing at about 3:30 p.m. The boy was last seen playing at a neighbor's home on Silver Lane, south of State Road 60 and off Mulrennan Road.

Deputies have set up a blockade at the corner of Silver Lane and Mulrennan and are searching all vehicles coming or going into the neighborhood. Searchers include at least half a dozen mounted deputies, plus volunteers searching a nearby densely wooded area with flashlights.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement issued a missing child alert for Luis at about 7:30 p.m.

Luis was last seen wearing a blue-and-white striped shirt and red pants.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Luis is asked to call 911 or the Sheriff's Office at
813-247-8200 813-247-8200.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/nov/27/271944/2-year-old-boy-reported-missing-valrico/news-breaking/

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit."

Last edited by Melinda on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.   Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:24 pm

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/CountyByCounty/CountyStories/2009/11/27/missing_toddler_sought_in_hillsborough_county.html

Missing Toddler Sought In Hillsborough County
Friday, November 27, 2009 7:37:44 PM

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office deputies, dogs, horses and a helicopter are involved in the search for a missing 2-year-old boy in eastern Hillsborough County.

Luis Martinez was reported missing by his parents about 3:30 p.m. Friday. He was last seen playing at a neighbor's home on Silver Lane, south of state Road 60 and off Mulrennan Road.

Martinez was last seen wearing a blue and white striped shirt and red pants.

Anyone with information on Martinez' whereabouts is asked to call 911 or the sheriff's office at (813) 247-8200 (813) 247-8200.

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit."
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/state_news/112709-Tampa-toddler-missing
Tampa toddler missing
Luis Martinez, 2, was reported missing by Tampa authorities, November 27, 2009.

Updated: Friday, 27 Nov 2009, 8:07 PM EST
Published : Friday, 27 Nov 2009, 8:07 PM EST

TAMPA, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Deputies with the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office , dogs, horses and a helicopter are involved in a massive search for a missing 2-year-old boy in eastern Hillsborough County. Luis Martinez was reported missing by his parents around 3:30 p.m. Friday.

Luis was last seen playing at a neighbor's home on Silver Lane, south of State Road 60 and off Mulrennan Road. Luis was last seen wearing a blue and white striped shirt and red pants.

Deputies have established a command post in the mobile home park where the family lives, and we are utilizing K9 teams, horses, our helicopter and deputies to search the area.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Luis is asked to call 911 or the Sheriff's Office at 813- 247-8000.

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

http://www.wesh.com/news/21742483/detail.html
Police Search For Missing Hillsborough County Boy
Amber Alert Not Issued, Authorities Say
POSTED: 8:10 pm EST November 27, 2009
UPDATED: 8:26 pm EST November 27, 2009

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida authorities are searching for a missing 2-year-old Hillsborough County boy.

Police said the boy was last seen in the area of the 400 block of Silver Lane in Valrico, Fla.

Martinez is described as a white/Hispanic male weighing about 30 pounds, with black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a red T-shirt.

An Amber Alert has not been issued for the child, police said.

Anyone with information about the child's whereabouts is asked to contact 911 or the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 813-247-8200 813-247-8200.

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.   Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:25 pm

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tampa-Crime-Examiner~y2009m11d28-Missing-Child-alert-issued-as-search-continues-for-two-year-old-Valrico-boy-Luis-Martinez

Missing Child Alert issued as search continues for two year old Valrico boy Luis Martinez
November 28, 11:23 AM
Tampa Crime Examiner
Charisse Van Horn

A missing child alert has been issued for a two year old Valrico, boy as the search for the toddler enters the second day. A missing child alert is different from an Amber Alert in several ways. Missing child alerts signify that a child is believed to be in danger, however, at the time of the issuance, there is not enough evidence to believe that the child was abducted. Amber Alerts are issued when there are clear signs or indicators of abduction.

Two year old Luis Martinez was last seen on Friday, November 27, 2009 at a neighbor’s home. He has black hair, brown eyes, and weighs approximately 30 pounds. He was last seen wearing a blue and white striped shirt with the logo of a tiger and red pants. He was also wearing sandals. He was last seen at approximately 3:30 p.m.

The search for Luis Martinez resumed this morning at 8:30 and hundreds of volunteers have joined in the search. The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Department is utilizing aerial searches by helicopter, canines, and horses to help locate the missing boy. Today, volunteers are searching throughout Valrico, looking for any sign of the boy. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement has been interviewing residents in the community and plans to resume those interviews today.

If you have any information regarding Luis Martinez’ whereabouts, please contact the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office at 813-247-8200 813-247-8200, you may also contact 911.

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.   Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:25 pm

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/nov/28/281227/authorities-resume-search-missing-2-year-old-boy/news-breaking/

Deputies: No leads in disappearance of Valrico toddler

TBO.com
Published: November 28, 2009

Deputies and teams of volunteers continued to search today for a missing 2-year-old Valrico boy. As of noon, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's office reported that a search of a 1.5-mile radius from the toddler's home had found no signs of Luis Martinez.

The boy was reported missing by his parents about 3 p.m. Friday. He was last seen playing at a neighbor's home in a mobile home park on Silver Lane, south of State Road 60 and off Mulrennan Road. Authorities say he went to the neighbor's house for ice cream.

More than 200 volunteers and 60 law enforcement officers were searching for the boy today. As more volunteers continued to arrive, the sheriff's office asked some to return in the afternoon.

The search teams are concentrating on a heavily-wooded area between State Road 60 and a set of railroad tracks, many of them using long sticks or plastic piping to probe the undergrowth. Authorities are also searching a lake and a retention pond nearby.

The sheriff's office is using dogs, horses, and helicopters in the search for the boy. Deputies also planned to use a dive team to search the lake and ponds in the area.

The boy's parents allowed him to walk around the mobile home park unsupervised, according to the sheriff's office.

Deputies, along with agents from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, also resumed interviews today with area residents for any information on the boy.

Late Friday, dozens of residents grabbed flashlights to help search the dense woods and other areas. Many of them returned this morning.

"I heard the helicopter going about 3:30 or 4 o'clock yesterday. I knew something was up," said Ed Kirkland, who was one of the first people placed on a search crew this morning.
Burt Urquiza and Kyle McGinty also saw the helicopter overhead yesterday and joined the search effort. "I was surprised by the number of people out there at midnight," Urquiza said. "God willing, we can help this little baby."

McGinty has a 7-year-old son named Rodney. He understands that moment of panic when you can't find your child. "Even two seconds and you're freaking out," he said.

Nicole Prater, who is on vacation from Vienna, Austria, brought her dog, Shadow, to help with the search. Prater said her dog, a border collie mix, is trained to search for missing people. She heard about the missing boy from news reports.

On Friday, the sheriff's office conducted a reverse-911 call to alert neighbors in a 5-mile radius about the missing child and began contacting all the registered sexual offenders in a 10-mile area.

Spanish-speaking deputies were brought in to interview the parents, who are cooperating with investigators, the sheriff's office said. The sheriff's office has not released the names of the parents.

FDLE issued a missing child alert at about 7:30 p.m. Friday.

Luis was last seen wearing a blue-and-white striped shirt with a tiger logo, red pants and sandals. The sheriff's office said the boy wasn't dressed for the chilly temperatures overnight and hope that someone gave him shelter for the night.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Luis is asked to call 911 or the sheriff's office at 813-247-8200 813-247-8200.

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.   Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:26 pm

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/hillsborough/missing-toddler-found-11-28-09

Body of missing toddler believed to be in septic tank

Saturday, 28 Nov 2009
Danielle Roda

Valrico - A small body found at the bottom of an uncovered septic tank is believed to be that of two year old Luis Martinez.

Deputies are waiting for the medical examiner to confirm the identity of the body.

The boy was last seen in his neighborhood on Silver Lane in Valrico, around 3:30 Friday afternoon.

A neighbor claims the little boy asked for ice cream.

Sheriff David Gee says the opening of tank was about 11 inches, but that grass covered most of the opening.

"it was a very dangerous situation, you couldn't even see the hole plug it was missing probably for several years and grass had grown over it." stated Gee.

Gee says about 400 volunteers showed up Saturday morning to help search for the missing toddler.

"Our hearts broke ... just the manner in which this all happened." said Gee.

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.   Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:03 am

:rip:

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Re: Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.   Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:00 am

The boy's parents, Juan Martinez, 30, and Rosalina Ramirez, 20, declined to speak with reporters Saturday afternoon.

"By all indications, it looks like the child fell into the septic tank," Gee said.

The tank has an 11-inch hole in its concrete lid that had been open for some time, Gee said. Authorities searched the area where Luis was found earlier Saturday and saw a small hole, but it was unclear that it led to a septic tank. The hole had been covered by overgrown grass that may have been there for months, Gee said.

After the tip, authorities called a septic service company, which started emptying the sewage-filled tank. That's when they found the boy.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...co-boy/1054875

Back to top Go down
starlight
Team Caylee
Team Caylee

PostSubject: Re: Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.   Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:48 pm

:candle:

Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida

PostSubject: Re: Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.   Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:57 am

:candle:

Caylee Marie Anthony
8-9-05 to 12-11-08

Sexual Offenders in your area:
http://www.familywatchdog.us/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.   

Back to top Go down

Luis Martinez (2) R.I.P.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1