~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

James Delorey (7) R.I.P.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

James Delorey (7)  R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: James Delorey (7) R.I.P.   James Delorey (7)  R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:21 pm

James Delorey (7)  R.I.P. K025ck
SOUTH BAR — Cape Breton Regional Police are looking for a missing seven-year-old autistic boy in the community of South Bar.
The boy left his home at 41 Kennel Lane in South Bar at approximately 2:13 p.m. Saturday and hasn’t been seen since. James Delorey is described as four foot five, 60 pounds, brown hair, brown eyes, wearing dark jeans, a red shirt and a dark blue plaid shirt, a grey-coloured vest, shiny belt and black sneakers with glow in the dark stickers on them. James also has the family dog with him.
As of 6:15 p.m., police have requested a boat to search along the shore across from Kennel Lane, located along the New Waterford highway. Search and rescue, K9 units, the South Bar Fire Department, volunteers and family members are currently searching for the area near the boy’s home.
Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts are asked to contact police at 563-5151.

FBI Canada
Ottawa, Canada
American Embassy:

FBI Head Office
FBI Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Federal Bureau of Investigation
J. Edgar Hoover Building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue,
NW Washington, D.C. 20535-0001

CIA

By phone:

Open during normal business hours.

By fax:
(703) 482-1739
(please include a phone number where we may call you)

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-365232
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: James Delorey (7) R.I.P.   James Delorey (7)  R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:22 pm

James Delorey: Missing Boy With Autism In Cape Breton Found
December 7, 2009

James Delorey is in critical condition with hypothermia. He was taken by helicopter to a nearby hospital in Sydney, NS according to an emergency health official.The temperature on Saturday hovered around 3, then dropped to 0 on Sunday, and had dropped to -3 by Monday morning.

Update made on 12/07/09 at 10:30am:

Cape Breton Regional Police have said that searchers found James Delorey and he is on his way to the hospital. Delorey was found about 1.3 kilometres from his home in South Bar, near Sydney.

No news on the exact nature of his condition, but paramedics have confirmed that he is alive. Paramedics are currently assessing whether Delorey should be taken to a local hospital or flown to Halifax.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/james-delorey-missing-boy-autism-cape-breton-found
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: James Delorey (7) R.I.P.   James Delorey (7)  R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:22 pm

Missing NS Boy in Hospital
December 7, 2009
A young autistic boy found in the woods this morning after being missing for two days is alive but suffering from hypothermia and is in critical condition, says Nova Scotia's Emergency Health Services department.

Seven-year-old James Delorey was found Monday morning, about one kilometre from a command post that was set up in South Bar, N.S., north of Sydney.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20091207/CGY_missing_boy2_091207/20091207/?hub=CalgaryHome
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: James Delorey (7) R.I.P.   James Delorey (7)  R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:23 pm

Boy, 7, found after 2-day search
December 7, 2009
A seven-year-old autistic boy who disappeared from his Cape Breton home two days ago has been found and is on his way to the hospital.

Cape Breton Regional Police said searchers found James Delorey in the woods about 1.3 kilometres from his home in South Bar, near Sydney.

"We're of course very happy that this boy has been located," said Desiree Vassallo, a police spokeswoman. "We're waiting to hear further information."

There is no word on the boy's condition. But the paramedics called in were told that the boy was alive, said Paul Maynard, spokesman for Nova Scotia Emergency Health Services.

Maynard said paramedics will assess the boy's condition and determine whether he should go to a nearby hospital or be flown to Halifax.

It's unclear whether searchers were able to locate Delorey by retracing the steps of his dog, Chance.

The animal returned home on Monday after disappearing with Delorey on Saturday afternoon.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/nova-scotia/story/2009/12/07/ns-delorey-monday.html
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: James Delorey (7) R.I.P.   James Delorey (7)  R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:23 pm

A small, tight-knit community in Cape Breton, N.S., was overcome with relief Monday after a seven-year-old severely autistic boy was found alive in the dense bush, three days after he wandered away from home with the family dog during a snowstorm.

Search and rescue crews on Monday found James Delorey around 1 p.m. local time, about a kilometre and a half away from his family's home in South Bar — just north of Sydney, N.S.

He was airlifted with critical injuries to Cape Breton Regional Hospital in Sydney, N.S., where his family was waiting for him.

The boy, who was wearing light clothing and was without a winter jacket, was found suffering from "severe hypothermia," said Paul Maynard, a spokesman with the Emergency Health Services in Halifax.

"They're life-threatening injuries at this time," he said, adding the boy was unconscious and unresponsive.

Maynard said Delorey will be flown to a Halifax hospital if his condition improves.

"(We're) trying to bring his core temperature up and see if we can get his vitals back to somewhat of a normal range," he said "We're just trying to get him back."

The boy, who is non-verbal, wandered away from his family's backyard, which opened out into a field at about 2:30 p.m. Saturday. Investigators say Delorey had followed his dog, a Dalmatian mix, named Chance into the woods.

The search for the boy intensified after the white dog with light brown spots made its way home early Monday, without Delorey.

Within hours, search crews were able to retrace the dog's path and find the boy in the bush.

From the start, the community of roughly 2,000 in South Bar had rallied together to look for Delorey.

Melanie Sampson is a neighbour and long-time family friend whose house served as a search party headquarters.

"Everybody's relieved. Everybody's got tears of joy, and they're just waiting for him to come out of the woods," she said, crying. "It's wonderful to hear this news. It's just wonderful. It's been a Christmas miracle."

Hundreds were involved in the search for the boy as one of the first winter storms to hit the province roared through.

The effort continued as crews searched a large rural area by foot, ATV, boat and helicopter. The aircraft were lent by the Department of National Defence.

The police had received such a huge outpouring of community support that on Monday, they urged volunteers to stay home.

"We're not looking for any additional volunteers," said Vassallo. "It's difficult to organize so many people. Everyone who is out there now is part of a search and rescue team and are specially trained."

Even the online community grew.

As of Monday afternoon, 27,000 members joined a Facebook group called "Bring 7 year old James Delorey home safe!!"

Police have scheduled a news conference for later Monday.
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: James Delorey (7) R.I.P.   James Delorey (7)  R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 7:24 pm

HALIFAX, N.S. - Officials at a Halifax children's hospital say a seven-year-old autistic boy who went missing from his Cape Breton home has died.

Jocelyn Vine, vice-president of patient care for the IWK Health Centre, said James Delorey died earlier Tuesday. "It is with our deepest regret to advise you that James Delorey passed away at the IWK Health Centre early this morning," Vine told a news conference.

Vine then read a statement from Delorey's family: "The family would like to thank everyone involved in James's care. It was amazing to see how everyone came together. It really kept my hopes alive. We will have more to say later after we've had some time."

Delorey was rushed to the hospital after he was found suffering from severe hypothermia in a wooded area in rural Nova Scotia.

The boy was reportedly unconscious when he was located by ground search teams Monday near South Bar, outside Sydney.

Police said Delorey had wandered away from his home in South Bar on Saturday afternoon while following his dog, triggering a massive search involving hundreds of people and three aircraft.

Within hours of his disappearance, a large snowstorm moved into the region, dumping up to 15 centimetres on some areas.

He wasn't wearing a winter coat, hat or mittens.

The search was considered particularly difficult because Delorey could not speak, which meant he wasn't expected to respond to searchers' calls.

He had wandered away before, but he usually showed up not far from his home at a neighbour's house.
Back to top Go down
starlight
Team Caylee
Team Caylee
starlight

PostSubject: Re: James Delorey (7) R.I.P.   James Delorey (7)  R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:49 pm

:candle:
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: James Delorey (7) R.I.P.   James Delorey (7)  R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:54 am

:rip:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Delorey (7) R.I.P.   James Delorey (7)  R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

James Delorey (7) R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1