~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:03 am

Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. 1zh15x0
Sarah Haley Foxwell

DOB: May 18, 1998
Missing: Dec 22, 2009
Height: 4'8" (142 cm)
Eyes: Blue
Race: White
Age at disappearance: 11
Sex: Female
Weight: 78 lbs (35 kg)
Hair: Brown
Missing From:
Salisbury,Maryland
United States

Sarah was last seen on December 22, 2009. She was last seen wearing red fuzzy pajama bottoms with Christmas trees on them and a pink John Deere t-shirt.

Contact Information:
Wicomico County Sheriff's Office (Maryland)
1-410-548-4891
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:04 am

Wicomico authorities question suspect about missing 11-year-old girl

December 23, 2009

Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Azhzf8
A suspect is in police custody for questioning about the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl missing in the Salisbury area since Tuesday.

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said Wednesday afternoon that the male suspect lives in the Salisbury area. The suspect has not been formally charged, although Lewis said that "he is the only suspect at this time."

Meanwhile, the Wicomico Bureau of Investigation continues to search by air and ground for Sarah Haley Foxwell who was last seen Tuesday night at her house in the 31000 block of Old Ocean City Road. She is 4-foot and 8-inches tall and has brown hair that is often worn in a ponytail.

Police say she was last seen wearing red, fuzzy pajama bottoms with Christmas trees on them, and a pink John Deere T-Shirt.

Police ask anyone with information about her disappearance to contact the Sheriff's Office at 410-548-4891.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091223/NEWS01/91223031
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:05 am

Sex offender charged in kidnapping of missing girl, 11
By Deborah Gates
December 24, 2009
Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. 351x0du
SALISBURY, Md. – The Wicomico County (Md.) Sheriff's Office has charged a 30-year-old Salisbury man in the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl who is still missing.

Delaware State Police have joined Maryland authorities and volunteers in the search for 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell.

Sheriff Mike Lewis announced Wednesday night that family acquaintance Thomas James Leggs of Salisbury, a registered sex offender, has been charged with kidnapping and burglary.

Dive teams searched a local pond Wednesday night and law enforcement agencies from across the region are continuing the search today, helping the sheriff's office search for Foxwell in several square miles of dense woods

Foxwell was last seen in Christmas-themed pajamas inside her Old Ocean City Road residence about 9:30 p.m. the day before, and by Wednesday evening her disappearance had been re-classified from a "missing person" investigation to a "non-family abduction," said Lt. Babe Wilson of the Wicomico County Sheriff's Office.

Several dozen police officers were joined by volunteers from as far as the western shore and northern Delaware, who searched in freezing nighttime temperatures Wednesday as authorities questioned Leggs at the Sheriff's Office.

Earlier Wednesday, the search focused on a radius about three miles in either direction of the girl's residence, Wilson said.

A police command center was established about noon Wednesday at a church on Zion Road at Zion Church Road, a location that is central to the residences of both the girl and Leggs, Lewis had said.

Details about Leggs' conviction for a sex crime were not immediately available, Lewis said.

A national Amber Alert about the 4-foot 8-inch tall Foxwell also was issued.

By early evening, scores of both law enforcement personnel, local Good Samaritans and professional volunteers from outside the area had either joined the search or were on standby to help. Police helicopters from both Maryland and Delaware state police agencies joined, as did the Maryland Natural Resources Police Search and Rescue, Salisbury Police Department, Worcester Sheriff's Office and Delmarva and East Coast K-9 search and rescue units.

"Everybody is offering," Wilson said outside the command center. "(Police) officers from Fruitland, Delmar, Ocean City have contacted us."

Police ask anyone with information about Foxwell's disappearance to contact the Sheriff's Office at 410-548-4891.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091224/DW01/91224016
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:05 am

Md Police Seek Missing 11-year-old
Sex Offender Charged in Disappearance of Sarah Haley Foxwell

SALISBURY, Md., Dec. 24, 2009

AP) Police in Maryland were searching Christmas Eve for a missing 11-year-old girl last seen wearing fuzzy Christmas pajamas, and they have charged a registered child sex offender in her disappearance.

Thomas J. Leggs Jr. of Salisbury, 30, is charged with burglary and with kidnapping Sarah H. Foxwell, according to court documents.

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said Sarah was last seen Tuesday night at her home on Maryland's Eastern Shore. A relative discovered she was missing early Wednesday while checking on Sarah and her 6-year-old sister.

"She wasn't in her room," Lewis said. He said there was no evidence of forced entry to the home where the girls live with their aunt, who is their legal guardian.

Dive teams searched a local pond Wednesday night, and scores of police officers from across the region scoured several square miles of dense woods on Christmas Eve. They brought in helicopters and dogs to aid their search.

Police also released a photograph of a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup used by Leggs and they asked anyone who may have seen the champagne/tan-colored vehicle to contact authorities.

Sarah is white, 4-foot-8 and weighs 78 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes. When she disappeared, she was wearing red fuzzy pajama bottoms with Christmas trees on them and a pink John Deere T-shirt.

"I will tell you this: We have not given up hope and we will continue to search all day today and throughout the night," Lewis said. "We won't go home until we find this little girl."

Leggs, a former boyfriend of the aunt, seen left, is being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center without bail, Lewis said. He is being represented by the public defender's office, which did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Leggs is listed on the Maryland and Delaware sex offender registries. The Maryland listing notes that he is a child sex offender, but does not give details about his conviction.

Lewis said Leggs has been convicted of sex offense in Wicomico County and was charged Oct. 29 with fourth-degree burglary.

"He was developed as a suspect early on in the investigation before we were aware of his criminal background, but he does have a criminal history to include third- and fourth-degree sex offenses of small young females," Lewis said.

In 2001, Leggs was convicted in Delaware of rape for having sex with a victim who was 16 or 17, according to the Delaware registry. The registry describes his risk level as "high" and notes he is unemployed.

Leggs, who has been convicted of assault several times, also is awaiting trial on charges of burglary and destruction of property in Ocean City.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/12/24/national/main6019216.shtml
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:06 am

Wicomico authorities search overnight for missing 11-year-old

By Deborah Gates
Staff Writer

SALISBURY — Wicomico County authorities say a 30-year-old registered sex offender living in the county has been charged with the abduction of an 11-year-old girl reported missing Wednesday morning.

Thomas James Leggs of Bennett Road was charged Wednesday night with kidnapping and first-degree burglary. Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis made the announcement at 11 p.m. Wednesday outside a command center established at a church east of Salisbury on Zion Road at the Zion Church Road intersection.

Authorities have not located the abducted child, Sarah Haley Foxwell of Old Ocean City Road just outside Salisbury, Lewis said, adding that scores of law enforcement and volunteer searchers from around Maryland and elsewhere are continuing to comb areas with hopes of finding her.

The Wicomico Bureau of Investigation is leading the search.

Sarah was reported missing about 10 a.m. Wednesday by a family member. She was last seen about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, and her disappearance was discovered early Wednesday when a family member went to check on her and her 6-year-old sister, Lewis said. He also said there was no evidence of forced entry into the residence.

"She wasn't in her room," he said.

Sarah and her sister live with an aunt who is their legal guardian, the sheriff also said. Leggs is not a relative, although the sheriff said the suspect is "familiar with the family."

Lewis also said that Leggs is a registered sex offender in both Wicomico County and the state of Delaware.

Meanwhile, organized groups led by law enforcement officials continue to search for Sarah, and Lewis urged residents to not organize their own search party.

"Please refrain from conducting your own search," he said. "We cannot have anyone on their own out searching for the little girl. We are going to be out here all night long, and all day tomorrow, we will continue to look for this little girl.

"We have faith; we have not lost hope," Lewis said.

Sarah is 4 feet, 8 inches tall and has brown hair often worn in a ponytail. Police say she was last seen wearing red, fuzzy pajama bottoms with Christmas trees on them, and a pink John Deere T-Shirt.

Police ask anyone with information about her disappearance to contact the Sheriff's Office at 410-548-4891 410-548-4891.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091223/NEWS01/91223031/1002/Sex-offender-in-custody--Wicomico-authorities-search-overnight-for-11-year-old
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:06 am

Searching For Sarah - Latest News
by - Stacy Sakai
12/23/2009

Salisbury, MD - Police and rescuers have called off the dive teams at Parson Lake tonight.

11-year-old Sarah Foxwell was reported missing this morning and was last seen at her home Tuesday evening on the 31-thousand block of Old Ocean City Road.

30-year-old Thomas Leggs Junior has been charged in her kidnapping, he also faces a burglary charge.

He is a registered child sex offender.

Divers were doing small area searches, before finally being called off.

The Wicomico County Mobile Command Units were stationed on Zion Church Road, but will be moving to Winter Place Park tomorrow.

They will begin ground searches there as soon as officials set up a perimeter.

At least ten teams of searchers and k-9 units searched for Sarah in a three mile radius of Zion Church Road.

Officials say that dogs then picked up a scent at Parsons Lake which led to the dive teams going out in dark waters, and unfavorable weather conditions.

http://www.wmdt.com/Delmarvas-Top-Ne...aspx?item=3521
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:07 am

Update: Leatherbury says body not yet found

December 24, 2009

SALISBURY — Despite rumors the body of a missing Wicomico County girl was found in a pond near The Centre at Salisbury, officials said nothing has been recovered.

Maryland State Police Salisbury barrack commander Ernie Leatherbury said the body has not been found.

The search continues to Sarah Haley Foxwell, 11, who was reported missing on Tuesday night

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091224/NEWS01/91224032/-1/newsfront2/UPDATE-Command-center-moved-to-stadium-search-continues
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:08 am

UPDATE: Dive Teams Search Near Rum Ridge Road - Latest News (12/24/2009)

UPDATE: Kidnapping Suspect's Vehicle - Latest News (12/24/2009)

UPDATE: Search Expanded For Foxwell - Latest News (12/24/2009)

UPDATE: Search For Missing Girl - Latest News (12/24/2009)

Searching For Sarah - Latest News (12/23/2009)

UPDATE: Sex Offender Named In Search For Missing Girl - Latest News (12/23/2009)

UPDATE: Search For Missing Girl - Wicomico (12/23/2009)

Salisbury Amber Alert - Latest News (12/23/2009)

http://www.wmdt.com/Delmarvas-Top-News-Stories.aspx?item=3521
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:08 am

Police in Maryland were searching Christmas Eve for a missing 11-year-old girl last seen wearing fuzzy Christmas pajamas, and they have charged a registered child sex offender in her disappearance.

Thomas J. Leggs Jr. of Salisbury, 30, is charged with burglary and with kidnapping Sarah H. Foxwell, according to court documents.

A charging document says Leggs was the last person seen with Sarah.

Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said Sarah was last seen Tuesday night at her home on Maryland's Eastern Shore. A relative discovered she was missing early Wednesday while checking on Sarah and her 6-year-old sister.

"She wasn't in her room," Lewis said. He said there was no evidence of forced entry to the home where the girls live with their aunt, who is their legal guardian. Leggs is a former boyfriend of the aunt, officials said.

A "juvenile witness" awoke during the night Tuesday and saw Sarah leave the bedroom with "Tommy," and said he was wearing blue jeans, an orange jacket and white sneakers, the charging document says.

The statement of probable cause also says Sarah's aunt, Amy Fothergill, with whom Sarah lives, noticed that Sarah's green toothbrush was missing from the home. Deputies found a green toothbrush and a lollipop in a truck Leggs admitted driving. Leggs said he had been wearing jeans and white sneakers the previous night — the same clothes he was wearing when police questioned him.

The sheriff said Leggs has been uncooperative and "of no assistance to our investigators."

Lewis said Thursday night police were still in search and rescue mode, and he said searches would continue throughout the night. "We have not lost hope," he said.

The sheriff said the department is encouraging hunters familiar with their hunting areas to start their own searches beginning at 7 a.m. on Christmas Day.

Dive teams searched a local pond Wednesday night, and scores of police officers from across the region scoured several square miles of dense woods on Christmas Eve. They brought in helicopters and dogs to aid their search.

Police also released a photograph of a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 pickup used by Leggs and they asked anyone who may have seen the champagne/tan-colored vehicle to contact authorities.

Sarah is white, 4-foot-8 and weighs 78 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes. When she disappeared, she was wearing red fuzzy pajama bottoms with Christmas trees on them and a pink John Deere T-shirt.

(AP)Leggs is being held at the Wicomico County Detention Center without bail, Lewis said. He is being represented by the public defender's office, which did not immediately return a call seeking comment. A woman who answered the door at Leggs' parents' house declined to speak to a reporter.

Leggs is listed on the Maryland and Delaware sex offender registries. The Maryland listing notes that he is a child sex offender, but does not give details about his conviction.

Lewis said Leggs has been convicted of sex offense in Wicomico County and was charged Oct. 29 with fourth-degree burglary.

"He was developed as a suspect early on in the investigation before we were aware of his criminal background, but he does have a criminal history to include third- and fourth-degree sex offenses of small young females," Lewis said.

In 2001, Leggs was convicted in Delaware of rape for having sex with a victim who was 16 or 17, according to the Delaware registry. The registry describes his risk level as "high" and notes he is unemployed.

Leggs, who has been convicted of assault several times, also is awaiting trial on charges of burglary and destruction of property in Ocean City.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n6019216.shtml
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:09 am

SARAH FOXWELL UPDATE: Police say there may be more victims

SALISBURY — There may be more victims linked to a Salisbury man charged in the disappearance of a 11-year-old girl, according to the police.

Additional potential victims have been interviewed by police, according to Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis who declined to indicate how many have been interviewed.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091225/NEWS01/91225012/-1/newsfront2/SARAH-FOXWELL-UPDATE-Police-say-there-may-be-more-victims
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:09 am

Sarah Foxwell has been found. Sheriff Lewis will be holding a press conference at 6:00pm at Perdue Stadium.

Thank you, to all for your prayers, vigilance, thoughts, concern and participation.

God Bless you all.

http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2009/12/sarah-foxwell-has-been-found.html
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:10 am

Police have announced that they have found the body of an 11-year-old Salisbury girl who had been missing since Tuesday night.
The body of Sarah Haley Foxwell was found at approximately 4 p.m. Friday in the area of Melson Road west of Hampton Court, about half a mile south of the Maryland-Delaware line, announced Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis during a press conference.
http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=11731370
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:10 am

Sheriff: Body of missing Maryland girl found
The Associated Press
Posted: 12/25/2009 09:00:15 AM PST
Updated: 12/25/2009 03:35:16 PM PST

SALISBURY, Md.—The body of a Maryland girl who authorities say was abducted by a registered sex offender was found Friday after thousands of volunteers fanned out to look for her.
Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said that the body of 11-year-old Sarah H. Foxwell was discovered at about 4 p.m. near the Delaware state line. He offered few other details. Thomas J. Leggs Jr., 30, has been charged in her kidnapping.

Leggs is a former boyfriend of the girl's aunt, who is her legal guardian. A public defender representing him has not returned a phone call.

Thousands of volunteers gathered in Salisbury to help in the search Friday.

Lewis said Sarah was last seen Tuesday night at her home on Maryland's Eastern Shore. A relative discovered she was missing early Wednesday while checking on Sarah and her 6-year-old sister. A charging document says Leggs was the last person seen with Sarah.

A "juvenile witness" awoke during the night Tuesday and saw Sarah leave the bedroom with "Tommy," and said he was wearing blue jeans, an orange jacket and white sneakers, the charging document says.

The statement of probable cause also says Sarah's aunt, Amy Fothergill, with whom Sarah lives, noticed that Sarah's green toothbrush was missing from the home. Deputies found a green toothbrush and a lollipop in a truck Leggs admitted driving. Leggs said he had been wearing jeans and white sneakers the previous night—the same clothes he was wearing

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_1...nclick_check=1
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:11 am

Sarah Haley Foxwell's
remains were located on the north side of Melson Road in Delmar near Hampton Court on Christmas Day. Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis declined to give further details on the cause of her death during a news conference Friday, stating the investigation is ongoing.

Foxwell, a Wicomico Middle School sixth-grader, was abducted from her Old Ocean City Road home Dec. 22. When police found her three days later, the little girl's body had been severely burned, according to sources close to investigation who could not be named because the investigation is continuing.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091227/NEWS01/912270302/DNA--autopsy-results-awaited--girl-s-body-was-severely-burned

The victim and the witness knew Leggs
-- the former boyfriend of Foxwell's aunt, Amy Fothergill, according to court documents. Fothergill, told police she dated Leggs for a short period about a month or so ago until he stopped contacting her. Fothergill told police Leggs was a registered sex offender, according to charging documents, but it is unclear if she knew this information while she was dating him.

Jerry Norton, who heads Citizens for Jessica's Law in Maryland, a group that has fought for years to fortify laws against pedophiles, was angrily calling lawmakers Saturday, underscoring his position.

"My heart goes out to the friends and family of this 11-year-old child," he told The Sun in Baltimore. "We need to make it clear to citizens of Maryland that we are not going to let these pedophiles molest our children with just a slap on the wrist. We're tired of these watered-down sentences -- they come out and do it again."

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091228/NEWS01/912280303/Community-faces--disbelief---services-Saturday-for-Sarah-Foxwell

More Charges to be Filed Against Suspect Charged in Child's Abduction

SALISBURY, Md.- Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis said Monday that additional charges will be forthcoming against a registered sex offender charged in the disappearance of an 11-year-old girl whose body was found by police on Christmas day.

snipped

In related news, earlier Monday, a judge ordered Leggs to continue to be held without bond at the Wicomico County Detention Center pending further legal action. A preliminary hearing for Leggs is scheduled for Jan. 21.

More at link......
http://www.wboc.com/global/story.asp?s=11738555

A 30-year-old Salisbury man charged in the disappearance of a missing girl found dead was also charged with breaking into a female victim's house in December.

She told police Leggs was standing near her bed with his shirt off and his pants down to his knees when she woke up, according to charging documents.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20091228/NEWS01/91228021

They expect to charge Leggs with the murder of this poor girl in the next month or so. They have been working extensively at the crime scene and local news is telling us they are waiting on DNA and other forensic tests to be done. He is not getting bail, so he won't be going anywhere and he has trial on other charges in Jan. Great guy isn't he.

There is certainly a good chance they will go for the death penalty. My own opinion, given the news coverage and the outrage in the community, is that defense will ask for a change of venue for this trial. That is strictly an opinion on my part I've seen no one to date mention it. Last time we had a horrific crime in my area there was a change of venue. In fact it was later an episode of American Justice.
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:11 am

Wicomico County Sheriff: Sarah Foxwell's Aunt wasn't home at time of Sarah's abduction
Wednesday, 30 December 2009

We’re learning more about the events surrounding the disappearance of 11-year old Sarah Foxwell whose body was found on Christmas Day. The grandfather was home at the time she was abducted. Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis also tells WGMD that the aunt was not home at that time. He adds that the entire family including the mother, the aunt and the grandfather were all extremely cooperative, and that there is no indication that they knew the abduction was about to happen.

http://www.wgmd.com/2009123028769/wicomico-county-sheriff-sarah-foxwell-s-aunt-wasn-t-home-at-time-of-sarah-s-abduction.htm
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:12 am

Local Residents Remember Sarah Foxwell (video & comments)

http://www.wboc.com/Global/story.asp?S=11738207
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:13 am

Man Denies Harming Kidnapped Girl posted 12/30/09 8:49 am

SALISBURY, Md. - An attorney for a 30-year-old Salisbury man charged in the disappearance of a girl found dead on Christmas Day says his client denies allegations that he harmed the child.

Thomas Leggs Jr., a registered sex offender in Maryland and Delaware, was charged with kidnapping and burglary one day after 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell's family reported her missing. She was found dead in a wooded area days later.

Arch McFadden, an attorney from the Office of the Public Defender, represented Leggs during a Wicomico County District Court bond hearing. He says Leggs "has denied and continues to deny any involvement in this crime."

http://www.news8.net/news/stories/1209/691461.html
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:13 am

1,600 attend memorial for slain Wicomico girl

By Arthur Hirsch
Sunday, January 3, 2010

SALISBURY -- Friends, family and law enforcement officials came in from the cold Saturday morning to share their grief, disbelief and recollections of 11-year-old Sarah Haley Foxwell, whose body was found in a wooded patch of northern Wicomico County on Christmas Day.

As about 1,600 people filed into Emmanuel Wesleyan Church, two projection screens flanking the broad, carpeted stage showed pictures taken of the blond, blue-eyed Sarah "Haleybugs" from the time she was an infant: in a highchair, on the beach, drifting on a lime green inner tube, blowing a giant pink gum bubble.

Jordyn Knierem, 11, who went to school with Sarah at Wicomico Middle School, said she and her friend were "inseparable. We could spend 24 hours together and not get bored. I see this as impossible. It proves you're not promised tomorrow."

Sarah's mother, Jennifer Foxwell, cried as she read a poem that compared the child to a budding flower taken away at the threshold of opening. "I'll miss you, baby, and I love you, Haleybugs," her mother said.

Sarah was buried in a private family ceremony in Salisbury earlier in the week. She disappeared from her home Dec. 22, setting off a search that included 3,000 volunteers. Her body was found late on Christmas. Wicomico County Sheriff Michael A. Lewis described her death as a homicide. He said Saturday that she died of "multiple causes."

Thomas J. Leggs Jr., 30, has been charged with burglary and kidnapping in the girl's disappearance and is being held without bond at the Wicomico County jail. His attorney said last week that his client denies any involvement in the crime.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/02/AR2010010201650.html
Back to top Go down
starlight
Team Caylee
Team Caylee
starlight

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 1:50 pm

:candle:
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:27 am

:rip:
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:47 pm

Sarah H. Foxwell, Age 11, Murdered; Thomas J. Leggs, Jr, Known Sex Offender, Arrested-
Sarah Haley Foxwell, age 11, and a resident of Salisbury in Wicomico County, Maryland, has been kidnapped and murdered. Her body was found in the evening hours of Christmas day according to the NY Times.

Sarah was asleep in her bedroom when she was kidnapped; she lived with her aunt and her younger sister.

She knew the suspect, as he used to date her aunt. This holiday season will be bleak for the residents of Salisbury, Maryland. The young life of a child has been stolen and the community will be in deep mourning for Sarah Foxwell.

Thomas J. Leggs, Jr. Arrested

Sarah is believed to have been kidnapped and killed by a known sex offender, Thomas J. Leggs, Jr. Thousands of volunteers have been search to find Sarah. Thus far there is not a trace of her whereabouts.

Thomas J. Leggs, Jr., of Salisbury, MD, has been arrested and charged with first-degree burglary and for Sarah's kidnapping according to the NY Daily News. He is a prior boyfriend of Sarah's aunt. He is currently listed on the Delaware and Maryland sex offender registries. He has already twice been convicted for sex crimes against young females.

Younger Sister Witnessed Abduction

Sarah's younger sister, age 6, was in the same room when Sarah was kidnapped. CBS3 reports that the sister saw Sarah leave with Thomas Leggs, Jr,. She was able to give the police a detailed description of the clothing worn by Thomas Leggs, Jr.

ABC reports that when Mr. Leggs, Jr. was captured in his home he was wearing the exact outfit the younger sister described him wearing at the time of the abduction. Sarah's toothbrush was also found in his car.

Alleged Kidnapper Won't Provide Information to Police

Mr. Leggs has not provided the police with any information. He has obtained a public defender. It is unknown whether Sarah's aunt knew of the criminal background of T. Leggs, Jr.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2526155/sarah_h_foxwell_age_11_murdered_thomas.html?cat=17
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:48 pm

Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:50 pm

A trail of charges for sex offenses, little jail time

A history of legal breaks for Leggs, not his victims

February 14, 2010|By Julie Scharper | julie.scharper@baltsun.com

Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. 52219947

Four days before the birth of the Salisbury girl he would be accused of kidnapping from her bedroom and killing, Thomas J. Leggs Jr. pleaded guilty to his first sex offense.
Over the next 11 years, as Sarah Haley Foxwell grew into a bright, lively middle school student, Leggs was charged with five other crimes against girls and young women, including raping a teenager on a Delaware boardwalk and grabbing a 13-year-old the same day his newborn child was brought home from the hospital.
Despite convictions for a sex offense and the rape of a minor as well as multiple parole violations, Leggs, 30, has eluded serious jail time. The Baltimore Sun reviewed court records for all of Leggs' criminal cases and spoke with several witnesses and past accusers to gain insight into the man charged with the death of the cheerful sixth-grade student whose body was found in a frozen field on Christmas Day.
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-02-14/news/bal-md.shore14feb14_1_leggs-jail-time-charges
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 12:53 pm

Thomas Leggs Jr Denies Killing Sarah Haley Foxwell

Thomas Leggs Jr, who is registered as a sex offender in Maryland, was charged with kidnapping and burglary the day after Sarah Haley Foxwell was reported missing.
The body of Sarah Haley Foxwell was found in the woods on Christmas Day. The search for the child was one of the largest in U.S. history.
“[He] has denied and continues to deny any involvement in this crime,” said Leggs’ public defender.
The 30 year old Leggs is currently locked up without bond. He is being held apart from other inmates, due to the sensitive nature of the allegations.

http://www.timesoftheinternet.com/briefs/thomas-leggs-jr-says-denies-killing-sarah-haley-foxwell/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.   Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sarah Haley Foxwell (11) R.I.P.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C) :: Your first category :: ~Missing Children~ (1-12) :: ~Angel Children~-
Jump to: