HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Haleigh's family hopeful one year later

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels

PostSubject: Haleigh's family hopeful one year later   Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 am

* One Year Ago: Haleigh last seen alive
* Prayers for Haleigh: 10 months later
* Prayer vigil for Haleigh
* Search for Haleigh day five yields no new clues
* Haleigh Cummings Family remains hopeful for the holidays
* A Holiday without Haleigh

SATSUMA, Fla. -- A lot has happened in the year since Haleigh Cummings vanished - her father got married and divorced, and he has been arrested several times. But her family's hope that she'll be found safe has remained unchanged by time.

Through tears, Theresa Neves, Haleigh's grandmother, talks about the growing tribute for her granddaughter.

"It reminds us that one day, she'll play with these things, " Neves says about the toys that people have donated in her grand daughter's honor.

One year ago today, 6-year-old Haleigh Cummings disappeared from her Satsuma home. Neves remembers every moment after she got the news.

"I remember that call. It came in the middle of the night," says Neves. "I remember driving as fast as I could to get there and running through the house in the woods."

But Neves wouldn't find Haleigh and neither would the teams of search parties who spent weeks looking for her.

Tonight, Neves and the rest of Haleigh's family will mark the sad day with a candlelight vigil. She hopes this will remind people that a little girl is still missing and that one day, she'll be found safe.

"I hope with new developments, there will come some answers and Haleigh will come home."
Copyright 2010 High Plains Broadcasting LLC All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Haleighs-family-hopeful-one-year-later/qbWtDOaZLUi7R9HNP8Xt_Q.cspx

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. It's our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit."
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1