~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P.   Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 4:58 am

Police find body of missing Newburgh boy
Wednesday, March 24, 2010

NEWBURGH (WABC) -- Authorities say they have found the body of 4-year-old Marc Anthony Bookal, who had been missing from his Newburgh home since December.

Police have a section of Newburgh blocked off, extending from Colden Street to South William Street. The search appears to have centered around a wooded patch near Colden Street.

Authorities have been at the scene since Wednesday morning.

Authorities have been hunting for Bookal since he disappeared from his home on December 14. He was last seen at home by a caretaker around 1 p.m. that day. A short time later, the front door was found open and the child was nowhere to be found.

Related Content

Story: Police press on in search for missing Newburgh boy

Story: Search continues for missing Newburgh boy

Story: 4-year-old boy goes missing from Newburgh home

More: Contact the WABC-TV Northern Suburbs Bureau
Police say the child's mother's boyfriend, Cory Byrd, was watching him at the time, and the boy's mother speculated that he tried to walk to a neighbor's house, but never arrived.

Byrd has been charged with endangering the welfare of a child, as well as a parole violation, in the incident. He has not, however, been charged in the boy's disappearance.

The 30-year-old Byrd was arrested in 1998 after his own son was hospitalized with a fractured skull, broken ribs, a broken wrist and perferated liver. He was charged with reckless endangerment in that case.

Marc Bookal suffered burns to his hands, which his mother claims was an accident, a story that has been met with skepticism by many in the community.

Marc Anthony was last seen wearing a red, long-sleeve shirt, white Nike Uptown sneakers and gray Rocawear sweatpants. He is light skinned, wears his hair in a medium length afro and has discolorations on the back of each hand from the previous burn injury.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=7348177 [/font]
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P.   Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 5:01 am

Marc Anthony Bookal’s Body Found
March 24th, 2010 by Jan Barrett
My heart breaks as I write this article. It is something I wasn’t exactly prepared for when I received notice about this precious 4 year old child’s remains being found. Marc had a smile on his face that is unforgettable. But now this precious child is gone. America has lost yet another innocent child. Newburgh New York has one less child living there.

I wrote about Marc Anthony Bookal’s disappearance on December 15th, 2009. He was left in the care of his mother’s boyfriend, Cory Byrd. The claim is that Byrd was getting ready to take M arc to a relative’s house but the front door was somehow left home and Byrd claims Marc must have walked out the door and he hasn’t been seen since.

Although police claim Byrd is not listed as a person of interest in Marc’s disappearance, they have charged him with endangering the welfare of a child. The Orange County District Attorney’s Office later decided to drop the child endangerment charges and by doing so it meant they didn’t have to reveal evidence obtained from different search warrants that could be used later if they decide to file more serious charges.

Byrd is now serving a 15 month sentence at the Downstate Correctional Facility for his parole violation.

30 year old Byrd was once arrested back in 1998 after his biological son had been admitted into the hospital with a fractured skull, broken ribs, a broken wrist and perforated liver but the man was only arrested for and charged with reckless endangerment in that case.

Marc reportedly had suffered from burns himself on his hands which his mother, Christina Bookal explained was the result from an accident but apparently some are very skeptical about that especially now.

According to the City of Newburgh Police, they are sure that the human remains found are indeed that of little Marc Anthony Bookal. During a news conference held at 5 p today it was stated that the boy’s body was found by a Sate Police cadaver search team about 11 am this morning in a wooded area off Colden Street between Renwick Street and South William Street.

An autopsy is scheduled for Thursday by Orange County Medical Examiner’s Office to determine the cause of death.

I am sure that this has been really hard on Marc’s parents. Christina Bookal told CBS2 that she refused to give up hope. She was even keeping his Christmas gifts under the tree that she was refusing to take down. “Until he comes home, it will stay up,” she said. Christina has three other kids too that needs her to be there for them too but she says it is hard when one is gone, it’s not complete. I know she is suffering but one has to ask why would this mother leave her child with a man that she knew had harmed his own baby when that child was only one year old and she still defends him. I just don’t understand this.

My prayers are with Marc’s family tonight and with Marc as well. I also pray that the monster that did this to this precious child is caught and punished to the full extent of the law and some. We all want the lost children found. Thinking of Haleigh Cummings and Adji Desir and all the other ones that are no where to be found, makes the tears water my eyes. Please God bring these children home!

Jan Barrett

Update: According to HLN’s Nancy Grace Marc was found inside a duffel bag only 2 blocks from his home. Nancy also says it was just announced that Cory Byrd has now been named as a possible person of interest. I will keep you up to date as I get the information.
Link:http://www.bloggernews.net/124124
22 users commented in " Marc Anthony Bookal’s Body Found "
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P.   Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:25 pm

:rip:
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P.   Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P.   Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marc Anthony Bookal (4) R.I.P.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2