~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Empty
PostSubject: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:56 am

Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia 6nq9o7
GABRIEL SCOTT JOHNSON
Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: May 3, 2009
Sex: Male
Missing Date: Dec 27, 2009
Race: White
Age Now: 8 Month(s)
Height: 2'0" (61 cm)
Missing City: TEMPE
Weight: 20 lbs (9 kg)
Missing State : AZ
Hair Color: Lt. Brown
Missing Country: United States
Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC1137894
Circumstances: Gabriel was last seen on December 27, 2009.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&LanguageCountry=en_US&searchLang=en_US&caseLang=en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:58 am

Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia 2rygj0p

Police are asking for the public's help to locate a Tempe infant missing for nearly a week.

The boy's 23-year-old mother, Elizabeth Johnson, was being sought in connection with a custodial interference case, and was located in Florida Wednesday.

According to officials, Johnson left Arizona with her 8-month-old son Gabriel on December 18.

She was reportedly in San Antonio, Texas from December 22 through December 27 with the young boy.

Officials say there have been no signs of Gabriel after December 26. He was not with Johnson when she was contacted Wednesday and his current whereabouts are unknown.

Johnson has reportedly made threats to harm Gabriel in the past and lost her custodial rights on December 28 after she failed to appear at a custody hearing in Phoenix.

Officials are also asking for help to locate the vehicle Johnson was driving - a white 1995 Oldsmobile Delta-88, with Arizona license plate AGZ4214.

Anyone with information as to the whereabouts of Gabriel Johnson is urged to contact the Tempe Police Department at (480) 350-8311 or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS (480-948-6377).

Source: ABC15.com
http://tinyurl.com/ybzkq95
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:59 am

Baby missing after mom spends Christmas in San Antonio
by KENS 5 staff

Posted on January 2, 2010

SAN ANTONIO -- The FBI is now searching for missing 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson.
His mother, Elizabeth Johnson, 23, was caught Wednesday in Miami after spending Christmas in San Antonio.
According to police, Johnson left Arizona with her son, but, she does not have custodial rights to him.
In the past, Johnson made threats to harm the baby. She lost custodial rights on December 28, 2009, when she failed to appear at a custody hearing .
So far, there have been no signs of Baby Gabriel since December 26. He was not with Johnson when she was arrested.
Officers have not found Johnson’s car, a white 1995 Oldsmobile Delta-88 with Arizona plates AGZ4214.
Anyone who has information regarding the whereabouts of little Gabriel Johnson is asked to contact the FBI Hotline at 210-225-6741, the Tempe Police Department at 480-350-8311, or Silent Witness at 480-WITNESS.

http://www.khou.com/home/Baby-missing-after-mom-spends-Christmas-in-SA-80503637.html

Last edited by Melinda on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:01 am

Court: Mom says she killed her missing baby
Mike Sakal, Tribune
January 4, 2010

Gabriel Johnson, an 8-month-old boy from Tempe, has not been seen since Dec. 26

Mike Sakal, TribuneThe Tempe mother of a missing 8-month-old boy told Logan Scott McQueary, her boyfriend and the baby’s father, via cell phone and text message that she had killed their son, according to a Maricopa County Superior Court document.

Tempe baby still missing after mom's arrest

But during a crowded press conference on Monday with McQueary and his father, Tempe police said, without releasing specific details, that there are indicators that the boy is still alive, and that a Valley couple called McQueary after the boy was missing, asking him to sign adoption papers.

Elizabeth Johnson, 23, who took her son, Gabriel Johnson, to San Antonio on Dec. 18 and who authorities say had threatened to harm her baby in the past, was arrested by police Wednesday on a felony warrant on suspicion of custodial interference in Miami Beach, Fla. She was discovered without the boy, according to Tempe police.

Johnson had lost custody of Gabriel to McQueary on Dec. 28 after failing to appear for a hearing in Maricopa County Superior Court. Police say she isn’t telling authorities what she has done with the boy, who she was last seen with on Dec. 26 in San Antonio.

Tempe Police are working with the FBI to determine whether Johnson has carried out what she told McQueary, 25.

Tempe police said Johnson sent McQueary the threatening messages about their son before Dec. 26.

However, on Dec. 27, Johnson called and text messaged McQueary again and told him that she had killed the child, according to the court document and police.

But McQueary said he also was contacted by a couple interested in adopting Gabriel and was told if he wanted his son to have a safe home, he would sign adoption papers.

McQueary said he did not sign any papers, and police said investigators questioned the couple and currently do not plan to charge them.

McQueary, who described his son as “always happy,” said he last saw his son on Dec. 8, and although he said he believes Johnson is capable of harming the child, he believes Gabriel is still alive.

“Before she left, she told me I was never going to see the baby again,” said McQueary, who has known Johnson since middle school. “I was scared when she first said it. When she told me she killed the baby, I tried not to believe the message. I didn’t want to believe it. I don’t know what makes her tick or why she would do this to me. When she had the baby, she was happy.”

Johnson also stated that the child, Gabriel Scott Johnson, was in a dumpster in a baby bag, and she described the baby as dead and blue colored. She also told McQueary that she was going to leave the United States, and she would tell him where the body was when she was gone, according to the court document.

“This has not been ruled out,” said Sgt. Steven Carbajal, a Tempe police spokesman. “But we are receiving conflicting information. We’re also hearing that she was trying to sell or give the baby up for adoption. She’s not helping us resolve that issue.”

Police also are continuing to search for Johnson’s white 1995 Oldsmobile Delta-88 with Arizona license plate AGZ4214.

Johnson had a history of domestic violence-related incidents and is in a diversion program for her actions, according to a Tempe Municipal Court spokeswoman.

A clerk at Tempe Municipal Court confirmed Monday that Elizabeth Johnson was arrested on suspicion of criminal damage in July involving an incident in which she is accused of causing $4,000 damage inside the Tempe apartment she shared with McQueary.

McQueary earlier had filed an order of protection against Johnson in Tempe Municipal Court because he said he was afraid Johnson would hurt him and Gabriel, but the order was later dismissed after McQueary tried to work things out with Johnson, McQueary stated in the court document.

In the July incident, McQueary told police Johnson tore a part a baby crib, took a knife and cut up baby clothes, McQueary’s clothes, the couch and smashed windows of the apartment and a television set. In another incident, Johnson later hid Gabriel but accused McQueary of taking him, according to a request for custody of the child McQueary filed with the Maricopa County Superior Court on Dec. 14.

The baby was found hours later at the home of one of Johnson’s friends after police conducted a search for him.

In the document McQueary wrote, “She has said several times in the past she doesn’t want the baby, has yelled and screamed at him when I would go to work, I would put him in his room, and when I would come back five hours later, he would still be in the room with no changed diaper and crying. I would ask her (Johnson) what she was doing, and she would just yell at me and say ‘shut that thing up.’”

Child Protective Services also has an open case against Johnson, investigating her for neglect of the child, according to the court document.

Johnson is being extradited from Florida to Tempe, according to Carbajal.

McQueary’s father, Frank McQueary, described the situation as very scary.

“We’re hoping she’ll come forward,” Frank McQueary said. “We need her to come forward and tell us what she’s done.”

Johnson was charged with custodial interference through a direct complaint filed by the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office on Dec. 28.

Anyone with information about the baby’s whereabouts can call Tempe police at (480) 350-8311 or Silent Witness at (480) 948-6377.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/149100
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:03 am

Father of missing Ariz. 8-month-old speaks out

Associated Press - January 5, 2010
PHOENIX (AP) - The father of a missing 8-month-old boy says he received a text message from the baby's mother, telling him she killed their son.

At a news conference at a Tempe police substation Monday, Logan McQueary said his ex-girlfriend, 23-year-old Elizabeth Johnson, approached him about giving up his parental rights to their son, Gabriel, saying another couple wanted to adopt him. McQueary refused Johnson's request.

Authorities say Johnson, who failed to appear for a custodial hearing last week in a Maricopa County court, was arrested Dec. 30 in Miami Beach on suspicion of custodial interference.

Tempe police Sgt. Steve Carbajal said authorities don't know yet if Johnson's alleged text message was sent to McQueary to hurt him, or if the child has actually been harmed.

McQueary says he has "a feeling" his son is still alive.

http://www.kswt.com/Global/story.asp?S=11769281
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:04 am

Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia GabrielScottJohnson-12-26-2009
Police continue to search for missing baby; two different stories emerge

by Amanda Stanzilis, KENS 5 Posted on January 4, 2010
It's turning into a case of he said, she said. But in the end, a baby is missing that police say could be anywhere from San Antonio to Miami Beach, Florida.

Police say 23 year old Elizabeth Johnson left Tempe, Arizona on December 19th with her son Gabriel. Gabriel was last seen alive the day after Christmas at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio.

Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary, says the day Elizabeth left she told him, "There's no way in hell you're ever seeing your son again."

McQueary says soon after Gabriel was born, they had discussed giving him up for adoption. But he thought the conversation had been dropped. He says, "Then all of a sudden, it was a big surprise to me. She wanted me to sign adoption papers, and I said no."

A family with the last name of Smith has come forward claiming Elizabeth had already contacted them about adopting Gabriel. They said they agreed. They've even shown the paperwork that they signed along with Elizabeth. But McQueary refused to sign, and soon after was when Elizabeth took off.

The Smith family has come forward claiming Elizabeth was afraid of McQueary. The Smiths claim that McQueary was the one who threatened to hurt Elizabeth and Gabriel. They also claim that Elizabeth is willing to go to jail in order to protect her son.

McQueary believes the Smiths are in on the kidnapping plot. He says he also believes his baby is still alive.

Anyone in San Antonio with any information is asked to call the local FBI hotline at 225-6741.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Police-continue-to-search-for-missing-baby-two-different-stories-emerge-80675672.html

Last edited by Melinda on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:05 am

Mom: I Gave My Baby To Texas Strangers new

A Tempe woman arrested in Florida on suspicion of custodial interference said she gave her 8-month-old son to a Texas couple.

In an exclusive interview with CBS 5 News from her jail cell, Elizabeth Johnson, 23, said she met the couple in San Antonio while running away from Arizona.

“They approached me and came up to me,” she said. “I was alone with the baby at the park.”Johnson said she knows little about the couple. She said she doesn’t know their last name, address or phone number.“I trusted them,” she said. “I believed in my heart they were good people.”Elizabeth Johnson had not revealed the whereabouts of her baby until now.

Continues/...

http://www.kpho.com/news/22144314/detail.html
To this.....
A baby seat and other items new

A baby seat and other items were inside, and there were no obvious signs of violence, said FBI spokesman Eric Vasys. The vehicle was being combed for evidence of the baby's whereabouts, he said.
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:06 am

Gabriel Johnson news: Mother’s car found, but baby still missing
January 6, 2010
Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Nbwsoy

Police have found the car belonging to Elizabeth Johnson, the mother who was arrested last week, but refuses to say where her 8-month-old son, Gabriel Johnson is.

Johnson, 23, has been extradited back to Arizona, but was last seen with Gabriel on Dec. 26 in San Antonio, Tex.

San Antonio police and the FBI found the car outside a San Antonio motel on Tuesday night and are examining it for any evidence that may help them find little Gabriel. According to Fox News, no signs of violence were found in the car.

Gabriel’s father, Logan McQueary, told authorities that by phone and text, Johnson told him she had killed the boy, placed him in a dumpster, and was leaving the country.

To read about court records documenting Johnson’s violent behavior, click here.

According to authorities, Johnson refuses to say where Gabriel is.

Anyone with information regarding Gabriel or his whereabouts is urged to call Tempe Police at 480-350-8311 or Silent Witness at 480-948-6377.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2010m1d6-Gabriel-Johnson-news-Mothers-car-found-but-baby-still-missing?cid=examiner-email
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:08 am

Police: Missing Baby Case Has Nashville Ties
Source Reveals Why Tammi, Jack Smith Are Now Person's Of Interest
Pat McReynolds
Reporter, KPHO.com

January 7, 2010

TEMPE, Ariz. -- Tempe investigators said they have gotten several tips about Gabriel Johnson from an unusual place -- Nashville, Tenn.

At Link:
Raw: Listen To CBS 5 Interview With Elizabeth Johnson
Watch: Nashville Tie Explored In Missing Baby Case

http://www.kpho.com/news/22180215/detail.html
According to those who know her, Elizabeth Johnson has never been to Nashville. She has no contacts there. But Tammi Peter Smith does. That's where she opened her first Healing Waters clinic back in 2004.

Tempe police said they are taking the connection seriously, naming the Smiths as persons of interest in the case.

"There would be nothing that they could charge us with because we have done nothing, we've done everything that the police have asked us," Tammi Peter Smith said.

Tammi and Jack Smith said their only priority is the safe return of 8-month-old Gabriel, and said it was Elizabeth who was driving the adoption plans. Not them.

"We did not do the adoption papers like she wanted. She wanted to keep pushing it along, pushing it along," Tammi Smith said.

But the baby's father, Logan McQueary, remembers differently. He said the Smiths pressured him after Gabriel disappeared.

An eerily similar story has emerged.

"I think what they've done is wrong. They've manipulated the system and lied and I wouldn't mind seeing them face charges," said Jack Smith's stepson, Travis Andrews Warford.

Warford is the biological father of Jack Smith's Granddaughter, Hannah. Warford claims the Smiths offered him money to sign over his custodial rights.

"Three different occasions over a year and a half in between, the man offered me money to get out of his life, leave him alone and let him have my little girl, period. I'll put my hand on any bible in any court in the United States and swear to it," said Warford.

But Tammi Smith replied, "Why would we offer him money, they revoked his rights?"

The Smiths were awarded legal custody of Hannah. But Travis, who has spend time in jail, says he was never alerted that the Smiths were headed to court.

"I'm angry. And the first chance that I have any opportunity, I will do as much as I can to gain not only visitation, but ultimately custody of my daughter," said Warford.

The Smiths deny all of Warford's claims.

"I'm sorry. You guys need to dig and find out who this guy is, and then you will be embarrassed that you are asking these questions," said Tammi Smith.

"At the end of the day, God will see justice done. And if they've done to these people what they done to me, but he's even lying to the law and the media, his time will come," said Warford.

How Warford's claims relate to the attempted adoption of Gabriel Johnson and his current whereabouts remains to be seen.

Tempe police have been inundated with tips in the case and are now directing callers to the National Center for Missing or Exploited Children. The number is 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Johnson was arrested last week in Florida on suspicion of custodial interference after she didn't show up for a custody hearing in Arizona. Her car was later found by the FBI in San Antonio.

Johnson told CBS 5 News in an exclusive interview that she gave the boy away in San Antonio. She made the statement after she sent a text message to her ex-boyfriend telling him she had killed the baby.

Police believe the baby has not been harmed.
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:08 am

Last edited by Melinda on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 7:09 am

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 am

Gabriel Johnson, 8 mos, abducted
Update LE says Mother Is Not Cooperating
Court records paint new picture in Tempe missing baby case

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/southeastvalley/tempe/story/Court-records-paint-new-picture-in-Tempe-missing/6PhW8F-82kSl7PwFqFdGgw.cspx

In the statement, McQueary wrote that Johnson would leave Gabriel crying in his crib for hours without changing his diaper, and that she kicked McQueary out of their apartment, saying, "Take that damn baby with you."
According to documents, he had previously filed a restraining order against her, after he said she trashed their Tempe apartment, causing thousands of dollars in damage.

Smiths gave the mom the GPS for her road trip.
http://www.bloggernews.net/123509
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Raw: Missing Baby Mom Speaks With CBS 5 News
Elizabeth Johnson reveals new details in an exclusive CBS 5 News phone interview.
http://www.kpho.com/video/22155911/index.html
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:19 pm

The last pictures of Gabriel Johnson taken in a hotel in San Antonio

http://www.kpho.com/slideshow/news/22251950/detail.html
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:20 pm

Indictment Handed Up In Baby Gabriel Case
Jack, Tammi Smith Call Police Search 'Scare Tactic'

January 15, 2010

PHOENIX -- A grand jury handed up an indictment Friday against Elizabeth Johnson, the mother of a missing 8-month-old dubbed "Baby Gabriel," less than 24 hours after Tempe police officers searched the home of two persons of interest in the case.

Johnson was charged with kidnapping, child abuse, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial interference, authorities said.

Police will not elaborate as to who Johnson's alleged co-conspirators are, and they said Jack and Tammi Smith remain persons of interest.

The Smiths called the police search of their home Thursday night a "scare tactic."

Detectives searched two computer hard drives and confiscated a laptop, the couple said.

"They took and just duplicated everything that was on (the hard drives)," said Jack Smith. "They took a laptop that hadn't been turned on in about eight months."

Though they said the search was unexpected, the Smiths said they have nothing to hide.

The Tempe Police Department said its goal is simply to find Gabriel.

"Based on (Johnson's) statements, she either killed him or handed him off to someone else," police spokesman Mike Horn.
Police Release Photographs Of Baby Gabriel
On Friday, the Tempe Police Department released photographs of Gabriel taken from Johnson's camera.

According to an e-mail from Horn, time stamps from the camera indicate the final photographs were taken Dec. 26. Gabriel was reported missing Dec. 27.

Investigators believe the photographs were all taken in a room at the Home Gate Hotel in San Antonio, Texas, Horn said.

Authorities impounded Johnson's digital camera when she was arrested in Miami Beach, Fla.
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:22 pm

McQueary also says that Gabriel’s mother was again out of control in September of 2009 and that she cut up baby Gabriel’s clothes and broke windows. Johnson spent the evening in jail. Reports show that when the couple finally broke up for good, Elizabeth told Logan that he could take the baby. She then called the police to report Gabriel had been kidnapped.

McQueary petitioned for full custody of Gabriel on December 11, 2009.

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:kEmXUv0BjW4J:ordinaryevil.wordpress.com/+Logan+McQueary,+house+trashed&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:22 pm

NANCY GRACE

Cops Search Smiths` Home in Missing 8-Month-Old Gabriel Case

Aired January 15, 2010

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/15/ng.01.html
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

New Pictures Of Baby Gabriel Surface

Frank McQueary, Gabriel's paternal grandfather speaks /video

http://www.kpho.com/video/22253063/
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:23 pm

Indictment Handed Up In Baby Gabriel Case
Jack, Tammi Smith Call Police Search 'Scare Tactic'
http://www.kpho.com/news/22251939/detail.html
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Missing Baby Gabriel Johnson; Tammi Peters Smith: Surrogate Moms, & Baby Brokers
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2581663/missing_baby_gabriel_johnson_tammi_pg2.html?cat=41
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Elizabeth Johnson Calls Grandfather
Elizabeth Erwin

PHOENIX -- It's been more than a week since we've heard from Elizabeth Johnson, the mother of missing 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson.

Gabriel has been missing for nearly a month, and Johnson sits behind bars at a Valley jail. She made one phone call Saturday night, and CBS 5 was there when it happened.

* Watch: Missing Baby's Mom Calls Her Grandfather

Elizabeth Johnson called her grandfather, Bob Johnson. It was the first time they've spoke in nearly a week.

The two only spoke for a couple of minutes, talking about items she wanted him to pick up from jail. Johnson asked her grandfather to pick up the $300 she had when she was arrested in Florida, as well as an expensive ring she said she was wearing.

The call came just minutes after Bob told CBS 5 he wasn't sure his great-grandson was still alive.

Bob Johnson said, "The more days that go by, the more concerned I get for the health and welfare of baby Gabriel. It would seem that whoever she gave the child to, under the assumption she did indeed give the child to someone, those people would be scared out of their mind by now."

Johnson also said he's having trouble getting the car Elizabeth took off in back to Arizona. He said FBI agents gave him the all clear to come to Texas and pick it up, but Johnson said Tempe police told him they're going to hang onto it in case this turns into a homicide.

Elizabeth Johnson was officially charged with kidnapping, child abuse, custodial interference and conspiracy to commit custodial interference Friday.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22256806/detail.html
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Police seek baby missing in custody battle
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2010/01/17/Police-seek-baby-missing-in-custody-battle/UPI-62401263768609/

Lost baby born into troubled home life
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2010/01/17/20100117missingbaby0117.html

he longer 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson is missing, police say, the less likely it is that authorities will find him - dead or alive.

The chubby-cheeked, towheaded baby has captured the attention of the nation, and his disappearance nearly a month ago has puzzled police.

For three weeks, Tempe police have been following up leads locally and in Texas. The FBI has fanned out across Nashville, Boston and Louisiana. The San Antonio Police Department has opened its own missing-person case. Together, they are getting 20 to 30 tips a day.

"If the child is in good hands, and that's a big if, then the child will still be around," said Tempe police Cmdr. Kim Hale. "But the longer we go, it doesn't help us as far as trying to recover him, wherever the child is, whether that is in a home, or the child has been taken across the border to Mexico, or if he's in the bottom of a landfill."

A broken family

Gabriel's mother, Elizabeth Johnson, 23, is a product of the Boston foster-care system. She lived with five different families before coming back to the Valley at the age of 12 to stay with her father, a recovering drug addict, according to her grandfather, Bob Johnson.

Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary, 25, has a felony record that includes burglaries dating to 2004 and was in jail on parole violations before and after his son's birth.

Johnson and McQueary first met at Mohave Middle School
in Scottsdale. She was later expelled from Saguaro High School in Scottsdale, although Bob Johnson said she was a high-achieving student with a nearly perfect grade-point average. She enrolled in a charter school in Tempe and transferred to a school in Boston for her senior year.

Her path would cross McQueary's again after he became friends with Johnson's twin brother, Richard.

McQueary and Johnson grew closer, Bob Johnson said, when McQueary's mother died about a year after Elizabeth's father died. Logan and Elizabeth were together off and on when they could afford it. She sometimes worked at a CVS in Scottsdale. He took work as an electrician.

After McQueary had a falling out with his boss, he and Elizabeth moved to Fort Smith, Ark., Bob Johnson said.

It was there that Gabriel was conceived.

When the couple returned to Arizona, Johnson told her grandfather she had considered terminating the pregnancy. After Gabriel was born, the couple discussed adoption before deciding to raise the boy, the grandfather said. The next time he heard the word "adoption" from his granddaughter, it was December.

It seemed the life she and McQueary tried to build together was crumbling.

Relationship deteriorates

In custody documents filed in December in Maricopa County Superior Court
, McQueary said he ended the relationship. In July, he alleged, she became enraged when he didn't return home from work on time and took a knife to his clothing, the couch and the baby crib. She broke dishes and took a cooking pan and smashed the TV while the baby was in the Tempe apartment.

They were forced to move into another apartment.

McQueary said Johnson got out of control again in September when she got mad at her brother on the phone. She cut up the baby's clothes and the crib and broke every window in the apartment. Johnson spent the evening in jail and went through a diversion program on the criminal-damage charges, according to Tempe Municipal Court records.

McQueary wrote in custody documents that he tried to work out their differences, downplaying the order of protection he got against Johnson.

It wasn't enough.

When he broke up with her in mid-December, she told him to take the baby. Then she called police to report Gabriel had been kidnapped.

McQueary petitioned for full custody of Gabriel on Dec. 11 and followed up three days later with an emergency request for temporary custody without notice to the mother.

"She has said several times in the past that she doesn't want the baby," he wrote in his petition, filed on Dec. 14. "She's yelled and screamed at him when I would go to work. When I would go to work, I would put the baby in his room and when I would get home five hours later he would still be in the room (with) no changed diaper and crying and I would ask her what she was doing and she would just yell at me and say go shut that thing up."

He asked again for temporary full custody six days later and told the court she "will run with Gabriel Johnson and hide."

On Dec. 21, in a petition to enforce child-custody determination, he wrote, "When Elizabeth gets mad, she can and will hurt the baby."

By then, she had been away from her home in a Tempe trailer park for three days.

Media frenzy

Since the first news release, when Elizabeth Johnson was found without her baby in Miami, Fla., the media circus has focused on an eager cast of characters.

McQueary was the first to come in front of the cameras, speaking to local reporters and then making brief appearances on cable-news telecasts and network morning shows, pleading for the return of his son.

Then came Jack and Tammi Smith, who met Johnson and Gabriel in the summer in a Boston airport, where Tammi offered to adopt the boy. Smith spent months working with Johnson to gain custody of Gabriel, but McQueary never agreed to surrender his rights.

The Smiths' role in the story never quite seemed clear to police, who on Thursday executed a search warrant on the Smiths' upscale home in the north Scottsdale desert. The search came after investigators named the couple "persons of interest" and insisted the pair knew more than they let on.

Then there's Elizabeth Johnson, perhaps the only one who can shed light on the case. She was seen with her son by motel clerks in San Antonio. She is seen on surveillance footage leaving town on a bus without him. There are the text message
and phone call in which she told her estranged boyfriend she had killed Gabriel.

Since Johnson's arrest, she has refused to speak to investigators, and it's unclear whether the mystery will ever be solved.

"Time is not on our side when it comes to the recovery of this child," Hale said. "The recovery chances grow much more dim as time goes on."

Last edited by Melinda on Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 5:00 pm

Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia 6nq9o7

Fears of Baby Gabriel's Death Mount
Police, father worry that baby is not still alive

PHOENIX - Logan McQueary, the father of the missing 8-month-old Tempe baby, is again speaking out on his past with the baby's 23-year-old mother Elizabeth Johnson. He's also losing hope that Gabriel will ever be found.

McQueary says that while Johnson was pregnant with Gabriel, he offered her money to have an abortion, but she said she wanted to have the baby. As the relationship fell apart, she then started talking about adoption, even though he said he was willing to take full custody.

He also expressed worry about a photo taken of Gabriel while he was in Texas. In the photo, he appears drowsy and is holding a bottle of prescription medication. McQueary says Gabriel wasn't on any medication.

"When I saw that picture I started crying. Even when he is tired he never looked like that before," he said.

A babysitter recently came forward saying that Johnson asked her to give Gabriel the pills to "shut him up." McQueary says Johnson would complain often about Gabriel's crying.

"She didn't want to listen to him cry. She always told me to shut him up and put him in his crib and I just played with him," recalled McQueary.

At a press conference Monday, McQueary told FOX 10 that Johnson had a tendency to go into uncontrollable rages. He is certain she is capable of killing a baby, but he is clinging to hope that Gabriel is still alive.

His message to the unidentified couple that allegedly adopted Gabriel in San Antonio, Texas: "I just want them to realize how much I miss him and how much I want him. To be a part of my life, my family, and realize what they're doing to everybody," said McQueary, choking back tears. "I just want them to do the right thing, and get him home."

Earlier Monday, Elizabeth Johnson's grandfather visited her in jail and they talked for about 20 minutes. He says he encouraged her to tell the truth, but she wouldn't open up.

"She's prepared to stay strong in her conviction that she did the right thing and the baby's in good hands," said Robert Johnson.

The Tempe Police Department says that when baby Gabriel first went missing, they had "strong indicators" that he was still alive and in good health. But they say now, those indicators are not nearly as strong.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/local/tempe/fears-of-baby-gabriel%27s-death-mount-1-18-2010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia   Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gabriel Scott Johnson (8 mos.) 12/27/09 Tempe, Arizonia
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next