~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rosie Orr (12) 6/4/10 Iowa

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

Rosie Orr (12) 6/4/10 Iowa Empty
PostSubject: Rosie Orr (12) 6/4/10 Iowa   Rosie Orr (12) 6/4/10 Iowa Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Missing Muscatine Girl Found

A Muscatine family has a warning for parents. They say a social networking site may have helped their daughter run away with a man in his thirties. The Orr family says it's been a nerve–wracking couple of days. Their 12 year old daughter went missing on Friday, and her cell phone was linked to a man from Florida. But now, she's safe in police custody.

Rosie Orr is an honor roll student, she's in the band and plays soccer. And if you didn't know, you could check her Facebook page. That's how her parents say 36 year old Justin Carter of Jacksonville, Florida may have found her. "Rosie has very active parents in her life and parents that cared about her, and we always showed her that, but the fact that this still could happen just shows that you can never take it for granted," says Rosie's dad Shane Orr.

Rosie's parents say the last time they heard from her was Friday night in a text message. "I still don't think it's truly sunk in, like I said, it's been unreal," says her mom Patti Mathias, "It's felt like a dream, like any second I'm going to wake up and realize it's just a horrible nightmare." The family hung missing posters all over town and posted messages on Facebook, trying to find the Central Middle School seventh grader. The FBI even got involved in the search.

"The biggest fear is you see all these parents who go years without finding their child," says her dad, "I can't imagine what those parents go through, because even these past few days have been unbearable." Thankfully the Orr's beat the odds. Rosie's parents say they got a call from police saying Rosie was found in the woods of a Florida campground. They're not sure how she got there, but they're told she was staying with 36–year old carter. "We have no idea what she's thinking," says mom Pattie, "I just want to hold her in my arms."

Police say Rosie is safe and Carter is in custody. Her parents say they're relieved their little girl is coming home. "I know it's going to be a long process before things return to normal, but the first step is finding her and getting her home and that's going to happen soon," says dad Shane. Rosie's parents are flying to pick her up in Florida Monday, just a day before her 13th birthday.
http://www.whbf.com/Global/story.asp?S=12604282

Last edited by Ava on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

Rosie Orr (12) 6/4/10 Iowa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rosie Orr (12) 6/4/10 Iowa   Rosie Orr (12) 6/4/10 Iowa Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:29 pm

Missing girl located in Florida
June 6, 2010

According to Muscatine Police Department officials, Rosario Orr , 12, was located in Jacksonville, Fla. by local and federal law enforcement authorities. She is reported to be in good condition and not injured or harmed.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is in the process of interviewing Justin Carter (36 yr old male from Jacksonville) about this incident.

The incident is still under investigation by the Muscatine Police Department and the FBI. No charges have been filed as of yet.

http://www.muscatinejournal.com/news/local/article_2c7c4b2a-71b7-11df-bdaa-001cc4c002e0.html
Back to top Go down

Rosie Orr (12) 6/4/10 Iowa
Page 1 of 1