~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.

Go down 
+2
starlight
Melinda
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Empty
PostSubject: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:10 am

Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. 5umgp0
Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. 2is74eb
Shaniya Nicole Davis

DOB: Feb 14, 2004
Missing: Nov 10, 2009
Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
Eyes: Brown
Race: African American
Age at disappearance: 5
Sex: Female
Weight: 40 lbs (18 kg)
Hair: Brown
Missing From:
Fayetteville, North Caroline
United States

Both photos shown are of Shaniya. She was last seen on November 10, 2009. Shaniya is believed to be in the local area.

Contact Information:
Fayetteville Police Department (North Carolina)
1-910-433-1911
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:11 am

NC police search for missing 5-year-old girl

Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2009
The Associated Press

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. Authorities are searching wooded areas near a mobile home community in southeastern North Carolina for a 5-year-old girl.

The Fayetteville Police Department issued an Amber Alert for Shaniya Nicole Davis. She was reported missing by her mother shortly before 7 a.m. Tuesday. She was last seen around 5:30 a.m.

Police spokesman David Sportsman says helicopters have been requested to help the Cumberland County Sheriffs Office, Fayetteville Fire Department and Fayetteville K-9 dog team in searching near the girl's home.

There are no suspects.

Davis is a black female with brown hair and brown eyes. She is about 3 feet tall and weighs 40 pounds. She was last seen wearing a blue T-shirt with pink underwear.
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:11 am

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6387156/

Police: Foul play suspected in Fayetteville girl's disappearance

WATCH VIDEO Police search for missing Fayetteville child

Nov. 10 10:09

Fayetteville, N.C. — Cumberland County authorities say foul play is suspected in the disappearance of Shaniya Nicole Davis. The 5-year-old girl went missing from her home, 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive in Fayetteville, Tuesday morning.

An Amber Alert was initiated for Shaniya just before noon, Lt. David Sportsman said.

Police responded to the home around 6:50 a.m., and Shaniya's mother told officers that she last saw her daughter at 5:30 a.m. The mother’s boyfriend and her sister, along with an infant and Shaniya's 7-year-old brother were also in the home when the girl went missing.

“There is definitely something not right about the situation. Foul play is suspected,” Fayetteville police spokeswoman Theresa Chance said Tuesday evening.

It is unclear how the child left the home.

"The circumstances surrounding her disappearance are very odd. A 5-year-old usually...(is) not awake at 5:30 a.m. normally, and they just wouldn't leave their home," Chance said. "If she would have wandered out of her home, she would be around here somewhere."

Chance said the family has a history with the Department of Social Services.

"There have been major DSS issues with this family – who has custody, switching back and forth," Chance said.

Chance said it's unknown whether the child's disappearance is related to those issues. Police said Shaniya's father flew in from out of state Tuesday afternoon and was talking to investigators.

"We're treating this as a child in danger, with the information we have," Chance said.

Chance said police have been called to the home before. This summer, officers served a search warrant at the home and found a variety of drugs inside.

The family was not allowed inside the home Tuesday evening after it was deemed a health hazard due to extensive sewage leaks, authorities said.

Police K-9s, firefighters and sheriff's deputies searched the area throughout the day Tuesday.

“We are searching for her and hoping to find her alive, but we just don't know at this point,” Chance said.

Chance noted that search dogs did not pick up Shaniya's scent, which they would have if the child was wandering around outside.

Shaniya is described as 3 feet tall and 40 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue T-shirt with pink underwear. She is thin and has a scar on her foot.

Fayetteville police say three registered sex offenders live in the neighborhood. Theresa Chance said the offenders, along with everyone else in the neighborhood, have been interviewed.

The sex offenders are not considered suspects, Chance said.

Anyone with information is urged to call Fayetteville police at 910-433-1856
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:19 am

http://www.examiner.com/x-28599-Crime--Media-Examiner~y2009m11d11-Where-is-5yearold-Shaniya-Davis

Where is 5-year-old Shaniya Davis?

Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. 65tk5x
Shaniya Nicole Davis

November 11,2009
Jason Taylor

An Amber Alert was initiated for Shaniya Nicole Davis just before noon on Tuesday. The 5-year-old went missing from her home early Tuesday morning.

Shaniya's mother reported last seeing her inside their Fayettville, NC home around 5:30 a.m. The mother’s boyfriend and her sister, along with an infant and Shaniya’s 7-year-old brother were also at the home at the time of her disappearance.

Shaniya is 3 feet tall and weighs 40 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue T-shirt with pink underwear.

Fayetteville police spokeswoman Theresa Chance said, “There is definitely something not right about the situation. Foul play is suspected.”

Chance said the family has had contact with the Department of Social Services in the past. "There have been major DSS issues with this family, who has custody, switching back and forth." Chance said it's unknown whether the child's disappearance is related to those issues.

Police, armed with a warrant, searched the house for clues. K-9 search dogs did not pick up Shaniya's scent, which police say they should have if the child wandered away from the home.

Reports indicate a previous search warrant was served at the same house on Jul. 21. That search turned up narcotics.

Police said there are three registered sex offenders that live in the neighborhood, but they are not considered suspects in the investigation.

When asked about the progress of the investigation Chance said, “We are searching for her and hoping to find her alive, but we just don't know at this point.”

Anyone with information about this case is urged to call the Fayetteville police department at 910-433-1856.
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:19 am

Blanket believed to be missing girl's found in trash can

Fayetteville, N.C. — Fayetteville police battled the rain Wednesday as they continued to search for a 5-year-old girl who disappeared from her home early Tuesday.
Investigators recovered a blanket that might belong to Shaniya Nicole Davis from a neighbor's garbage can. The neighbor, Andrea Moore, said police told her the blanket belonged to the missing girl.

Garbage can yields clue in girl's disappearance
Antoinette Davis said she put Shaniya on the couch in their home, at 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive in Fayetteville, at about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. When she went to check on her daughter about an hour later, the girl was missing, Davis told police.
An Amber Alert was initiated for Shaniya several hours later.

Moore said she was awakened by noises outside her home at about 3 a.m. Tuesday.
"It sounded like somebody was beating (on the wall)," she said.
She went back to sleep but was awakened later by police saying they were confiscating her trash can because it contained evidence in the disappearance of her young neighbor.
"Every time I think about it, it upsets me," she said. "The idea that this baby was missing is bad in itself, but actually feeling like I had something to do with it, that's pretty hard to deal with, this evidence being in my trash can."

Moore said she has no idea how the blanket got into her garbage can. She said police told her it was covered in feces and that feces was also found on the back porch of Davis' home.
The Davis family wasn't allowed to return to the home Tuesday because officials deemed it a health hazard due to extensive sewage leaks.

Police are looking at surveillance video of anyone who left the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park early Tuesday, Moore said.
"I hope that she's found alive. I don't know what to think about this," she said. "From what I've heard and how the situation happened, it doesn't add up to me. I don't know what happened to her. I don't know what happened at the house."
Police said Tuesday that they suspected foul play in the case, noting that they doubted the child would have walked off on her own at that time of day.

Police dogs searched the neighborhood and some nearby woods late Tuesday and didn't pick up Shaniya's scent. Investigators said the dogs would have picked up her trail if she had been walking around the area.
"This case is definitely priority," said Sgt. Tracey Bass-Caine of the Fayetteville Police Department. "Anytime you have a child of this age (missing) or a child where the circumstances (of her disappearance) are questionable, then of course this takes precedence."
Bass-Caine said the rain that started falling across central North Carolina late Tuesday and continued Wednesday was hindering the search effort. Evidence in the case could be washed away, she said.

"We had to close down the extensive search we were doing (Tuesday night) because of the inclement weather," she said.
Antoinette Davis spent much of Tuesday and Wednesday at police headquarters answering questions. Shaniya's father flew in from out of state Tuesday afternoon and also spoke with investigators.
Police spokeswoman Theresa Chance said the family has a history with the Department of Social Services as far as custody of Shaniya and other children in the house.
Chance said police also have been called to the home before. Officers served a search warrant at the home over the summer and found various illegal drugs inside.
Neighbors said they remain hopeful for Shaniya's return.

"It's just shocking that's she's even gone," Crystal Greer said. "A lot of people have been wondering, 'Where is she? Who took her? How could she just up and disappear like that?' We're all praying she comes home and she's safe."
Shaniya is described as 3 feet tall and 40 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a blue T-shirt with pink underwear. She is thin and has a scar on her foot.
Anyone with information is urged to call Fayetteville police at 910-433-1856 or call or call 911
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:20 am

Added On November 12, 2009
Missing 5-year-old Shaniya's blanket was found in her neighbor's trash can covered in feces. Nancy Grace investigates.
Show Pages - Nancy Grace - CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/11/12/ng.tot.blanket.cnn

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:20 am

Man arrested in Fayetteville girl's disappearance

Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. 2ef6xr5
Updated: 36 minutes ago
Fayetteville, N.C. — Fayetteville police made an arrest late Wednesday in the disappearance of a 5-year-old girl.
Around 11 p.m., police arrested Clarence Darriel Coe, 30, of 211 Brookwood Ave., and charged him with first-degree kidnapping in the disappearance of Shaniya Nicole Davis, who is still missing, police said.
Detectives have not released any information about his alleged connection to Shaniya's disappearance. Coe's home on Brookwood Avenue is about 4 miles from the girl's house.

Arrest made in Fayetteville girl's disappearance
He was being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center on a $100,000 bond.
Coe was previously convicted of assault on a female, breaking and entering, larceny and other charges, according to Department of Correction records.
The arrest came after investigators recovered a blanket that might belong to Shaniya from a neighbor's garbage can. The neighbor, Andrea Moore, said police told her the blanket belonged to the missing girl.
Antoinette Davis said she put Shaniya on the couch in their home, at 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive in Fayetteville, at about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday. When she went to check on her daughter about an hour later, the girl was missing, Davis told police.
An Amber Alert was initiated for Shaniya several hours later.
Moore said she was awakened by noises outside her home at about 3 a.m. Tuesday.
"It sounded like somebody was beating (on the wall)," she said.
She went back to sleep but was awakened later by police saying they were confiscating her trash can because it contained evidence in the disappearance of her young neighbor.
"Every time I think about it, it upsets me," she said. "The idea that this baby was missing is bad in itself, but actually feeling like I had something to do with it, that's pretty hard to deal with, this evidence being in my trash can."
Moore said she has no idea how the blanket got into her garbage can. She said police told her it was covered in feces and that feces was also found on the back porch of Davis' home.
The Davis family wasn't allowed to return to the home Tuesday because officials deemed it a health hazard due to extensive sewage leaks.
Police are looking at surveillance video of anyone who left the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park early Tuesday, Moore said.
"I hope that she's found alive. I don't know what to think about this," she said. "From what I've heard and how the situation happened, it doesn't add up to me. I don't know what happened to her. I don't know what happened at the house."
Police said Tuesday that they suspected foul play in the case, noting that they doubted the child would have walked off on her own at that time of day.
Police dogs searched the neighborhood and some nearby woods late Tuesday and didn't pick up Shaniya's scent. Investigators said the dogs would have picked up her trail if she had been walking around the area.
"This case is definitely priority," said Sgt. Tracey Bass-Caine of the Fayetteville Police Department. "Anytime you have a child of this age (missing) or a child where the circumstances (of her disappearance) are questionable, then of course this takes precedence."
Bass-Caine said the rain that started falling across central North Carolina late Tuesday and continued Wednesday was hindering the search effort. Evidence in the case could be washed away, she said.
"We had to close down the extensive search we were doing (Tuesday night) because of the inclement weather," she said.
Antoinette Davis spent much of Tuesday and Wednesday at police headquarters answering questions. Shaniya's father flew in from out of state Tuesday afternoon and also spoke with investigators.
Police spokeswoman Theresa Chance said the family has a history with the Department of Social Services as far as custody of Shaniya and other children in the house.
Chance said police also have been called to the home before. Officers served a search warrant at the home over the summer and found various illegal drugs inside.
Neighbors said they remain hopeful for Shaniya's return.
"It's just shocking that's she's even gone," Crystal Greer said. "A lot of people have been wondering, 'Where is she? Who took her? How could she just up and disappear like that?' We're all praying she comes home and she's safe."
Anyone with information is urged to call Fayetteville police at 910-433-1856 or call or call 911 .
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:21 am

NC kidnapping suspect arrested, girl still missing

Posted: Today at 2:31 a.m.
Updated: Today at 6:28 a.m.

FAYETTEVILLE, — A North Carolina man has been arrested and charged with kidnapping in the disappearance of a 5-year-old girl, but police were still searching for the child early Thursday - two days after she went missing.

Clarence Coe was arrested without incident at his Fayetteville home around 11 p.m. Wednesday and charged with first degree kidnapping, Fayetteville police said in a statement.

Investigators were still looking for Shaniya Davis, who was reported missing from her home in Fayetteville's Sleepy Hollow mobile home park around 7 a.m. Tuesday, said Lt. Alex Thompson. Her mother said she last saw Shaniya that day around 5:30 a.m.

"Detectives have not released any personal information about Coe or any potential relationship" between he and the child, Thompson said.

Police have said they suspected foul play and doubted the girl would have wandered away from her home so early in the morning. They said police dogs didn't pick up the child's scent during a search of the neighborhood.

Thompson said detectives have not yet said whether Coe knew the child. Coe was being held at the Cumberland County jail, where a worker said records didn't indicate whether Coe had an attorney or a scheduled court appearance.

Investigators found a blanket that may have belonged to Shaniya in a garbage can outside a neighbor's home. Fecal matter was found on the blanket and on the railing and porch of Davis' residence, where police wouldn't allow anyone inside because of a sewage leak.

"They did locate some things there at the trailer park inclusive of what the mother indicated what the child was wearing," Thompson said.

Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, and her father, who flew in from out of state, have been speaking with investigators. Police spokeswoman Theresa Chance told WRAL-TV on Wednesday that the family had a history with the state Department of Social Services regarding the custody of Shaniya and other children in the home. She told the Fayetteville Observer that Shaniya's father wasn't considered a suspect.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/6401393/

(Broken Link)
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 5:25 am

Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Fy1ruo
Kidnapping suspect makes first court appearance

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/6406135/
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. 9qvhhk

FAYETEVILLE, NC (WTVD) -- The Fayetteville Police Department announced Thursday night that the missing 5-year-old Fayetteville girl has been spotted.
Fayetteville Police Spokesperson Theresa Chance said that authorities received a call from a hotel in Sanford -about 40 miles outside of Fayetteville- that Shaniya Davis was spotted with a man.
Officials said the pair checked into the hotel at 6:11 a.m. Tuesday morning, apparently before Davis' mother reported her missing.
After reviewing surveillance video at the hotel, police identified the man with Davis as 29-year-old Mario Andrette McNeill.

Authorities said the connection between the girl and McNeill is unknown at this time.
Police said they want to reunite the child with her family and believe she is still alive. They also have upgraded an Amber Alert issued for her to nationwide.
Davis' father pleaded at the press conference for his daughter's safe return.
"Shaniya, if you are listening to daddy ... I miss you so much ... I'm not going to give up," Bradley Lockhart said.
Earlier Thursday, the Fayetteville Police Department announced the arrest of 30-year-old Clarence Coe after a witness said they saw him leaving the mobile home park where Davis lives with her in his car.

Police arrested Coe of Brookwood Ave. in Fayetteville just after 11 p.m. Wednesday. He is charged with first-degree kidnapping and remains in the Cumberland County Detention Center without bond.
Officials did not identify the witness or say what time Coe was allegedly seen with the girl.
Investigators also did not say how Coe knows the child or the Davis family, but they did say they don't believe it was a random abduction.
The manager of the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park, where the Davis family lives, told ABC11 Eyewitness News that Coe is the boyfriend of Antoinette Davis, Shaniya's mother.
According to state records, Coe was recently released from prison after serving four months behind bars for assaulting a woman earlier this year. Coe also has previous breaking and entering and larceny convictions dating back several years.
Crime scene technicians have collected evidence from the home. Wednesday night, they found a blanket believed to belong to the child in a neighbor's outside trash can. Police say the neighbor, Andrea Moore, is not a suspect.
Since the investigation began, police have suspected foul play was involved. They said Thursday that Coe was a person of interest early on. A police spokesman wouldn't say Thursday if he was cooperating with detectives.
Anyone having any information on the current whereabouts' of Mario McNeill or Shaniya Davis is urged to contact the Fayetteville Police Department at 910-433-1856. To leave an anonymous tip, please contact Crime Stoppers at 910-483-8477.
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:22 pm

Kidnapping suspect in court; child spotted in Sanford hotel
By: Caitlin Cissne

FAYETTEVILLE – Fayetteville police have arrested 30-year-old Clarence Coe in connection with the disappearance of five-year-old Shaniya Davis, who is still missing. Thursday, the girl's father pleaded for the safe return of his child, and police say new evidence gives them hope that she's alive.
“To whoever has my daughter tonight, I just ask that they bring her home safe,” Bradley Lockhart, the girl's father, said tearfully. “We all miss her and love her very much.”

Lockhart thanked the police department and asked the public to help in the case.

“Shaniya, if you're listening to daddy, I miss you so much and I'm waiting for you,” he said.

Police say surveillance video from a hotel in Sanford showed the five-year-old with 29-year-old Mario McNeil. They ask that anyone with information on their whereabouts call 911.

Coe made his first appearance in court Thursday afternoon. He faces 261 months in prison if he is found guilty for the kidnapping.

“The investigation has led us to Clarence Coe,” Theresa Chance, of the Fayetteville Police Department, said. “Interviews and various things that we have done so far, Clarence Coe, the reason he was charged with kidnapping is he is the subject that was identified as transporting Shaniya out of the trailer park.”

Coe was arrested late Wednesday night (11/11) after an eyewitness told police they saw him drive away with Davis Tuesday morning. (11/10)

The maintenance man for the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park says he saw police using photos taken from the park's surveillance system when looking for leads.

“Apparently the video surveillance I turned over to the police department has been somewhat helpful, and I am very glad to hear that,” Park Manager Barbara Davenport said.

Police would not comment on the connection between Coe and the girl, but they did say the kidnapping was not random. Davenport said she had met Coe before; he was asked to leave and not come back after he violated the mobile home park's rules.

“There is some new information coming forward, information that people might have been reluctant to share the first time,” Chance said. “They are now sharing that information with us.”

Shaniya Davis is three feet tall and weighs about 40 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes and was last seen wearing a blue sleep shirt. If you have any information on her disappearance or whereabouts, call 911.

http://news14.com/charlotte-news-104...-sanford-hotel
(Broken Link)
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:23 pm

Surveillance video showed the child with McNeill at the hotel at 6:11 a.m., less than a half-hour before her mother reported her missing from the family's home at 1116-A Sleepy Hollow Drive in Fayetteville.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6409587/

As I said earlier, the time frame isn't adding up to me.

The mom said 5am and changed her story to 5:30 when she put her on the couch per the reporter on NG.

I don't know the address to the hotel but from the mobile home to Sanford it's 36.3 mi – about 1 hour 4 mins

Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Etbr42
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, was arrested early Friday and and charged with first-degree kidnapping

He was being held in the Cumberland County Detention Center under a $100,000 bond and was expected to make his initial court appearance at 2:30 p.m. Friday.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6411942/
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:28 pm

Shaniya Davis still missing – New Arrest
MARIO McNEILL CHARGED – SHANIYA STILL MISSING

Police say they have located 29-year old Mario Andrette McNeill and charged him with First Degree kidnapping. He is held on $100,000 bail, but sadly, little Shaniya Davis is still missing.

Fayetteville Police received information on Wednesday night, November 11, 2009, that a man had Shaniya in his arms at a hotel in Sanford, North Carolina (about 45 minutes from where the child went missing). Cops say someone at the hotel called police after recognizing Shaniya’s photo from the news. Police went to the location to check the surveillance, but the man and Shaniya were already gone. Police released still photos from the surveillance camera of a man by the name of Mario McNeill carrying little Shaniya near an elevator on Tuesday morning, November 10, 2009 at 6:11 a.m. Right now, investigators are not saying McNeill’s connection to child or her family.

Cops say McNeill and Shaniya were only at the hotel for one hour before leaving the location. Earlier today, November 13, 2009, at an undiscolsed location, police were able to track down McNeill. He was arrested and charged with First-Degree Kidnapping. The problem is, investigators still don’t know where the child is.

Earlier this week, police arrested and charged Clarence Darriel Coe, 30, of Fayetteville, North Carolina with First-Degree Kidnapping. Theresa Chance, Fayetteville Public Information Officer told me Coe was released earlier today on Friday, November 13, 2009, and those kidnapping charges against him are dropped. Investigators will not say Clarence Coe’s relationship to Mario McNeill, if any at all.

Lt. David Sportsman says his entire detective division is solely dedicated to this case, and to finding little Shaniya. They are still searching, conducting interviews. Dozens of leads and new information is taking investigators to more places to do more research on this case. Lt. Sportsman says during this investigation, his department found probable cause to charge Clarence Coe initally. He also confirms that Department of Social Services does have active cases involving Shaniya’s family, but would not go into detail about those cases involve children. Police say Shaniya’s mother, Antoinette’s other son is now in foster care.

http://www.michellesigona.com/2009/1...ya-davis-case/

(404-Broken Link)
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Thursday, the Fayetteville Police Department had announced another arrest in the case. Clarence Coe, 30, of Brookwood Avenue in Fayetteville was charged with first-degree kidnapping after a witness told investigators they saw him leaving the mobile home park where Davis lives with her in his car.
But at Friday's news conference, Chance said there is new evidence that shows Coe was not involved, and said he was released.

"I'm not an idiot, I'm not stupid, but I feel like I was violated," Coe said. "The whole time I told the detectives I wasn't guilty, they came and talked to my family, they said my family was lying."

When ABC11 Eyewitness News asked Coe what he thought happened to Davis he said he did not know.

"I've been asked that by 13 detectives and everybody, I don't know and I tell you like I told the detectives, I don't think the mother had anything to do with it," he said. "Do I feel there might have been some negligence somewhere, yes I do."

Coe says Antionette Davis, the child's mother, was his girlfriend and he says he wasn't at the mobile home when the child disappeared.

"Every day I was there the little girl was never in the living room," Coe said. "Every night when I slept there the little girl was never in the living room, so all I can say is educated people figure it out."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=7116354
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:31 pm

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- The attorney for a man charged with kidnapping a 5-year-old North Carolina girl says his client will plead not guilty.

Attorney Allen Rogers say 29-year-old Mario Andrette McNeill turned himself in to Fayetteville police Friday on the charge of kidnapping Shaniya Davis. She disappeared more than three days ago from a mobile home park.

Rogers represented McNeill at a first court appearance Friday. The attorney says he has no idea if his client had a relationship with Shaniya or her mother and did not comment on Shaniya's whereabouts.

Authorities say McNeill was seen on video carrying the girl into a hotel room Tuesday morning.

http://www.volunteertv.com/national/.../70000522.html
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:13 pm

Nov. 14, 2009
Many Twists in Kidnapping of N.C. Girl, 5
Search Continues for Shaniya Davis; First Suspect Arrested Is Released, Cops Say Another Confessed; Her Mom Questioned

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/14/earlyshow/saturday/main5644832.shtml?tag=contentBody;cbsCarousel

The attorney for Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, said Friday his client would plead not guilty to kidnapping Shaniya Davis.

Fayetteville Police Department spokeswoman Theresa Chance said McNeill admitted taking the girl.

McNeill was charged with kidnapping while authorities dropped charges against another man, Clarence Coe, who was initially arrested in the case.

"We're hoping we find her alive," Chance said at a news conference. "We found Mr. McNeill, and Miss Davis was not with him."

McNeill had a first court appearance Friday. Attorney Allen Rogers said he only spoke briefly with his client, adding that he didn't know what connection McNeill may have had with Shaniya or her mother. He also didn't comment on the child's whereabouts.

"My guess is that the police are actually keeping a lot very quiet," criminal profiler Pat Brown told "Early Show Saturday Edition" substitute co-anchor Debbye Turner Bell. "I think they're doing a lot of interviewing of the mother, of the first guy that they arrested, and the one they now have some custody. They'll talk to everyone, because there's something going on here that is probably not what we all expect it to be."

Surveillance video showed McNeill carrying Shaniya into a hotel room on Tuesday morning, when she was reported missing from a mobile home park. A hotel worker called police to report seeing a child matching Shaniya's description, but by the time police got there, McNeill had left.

Investigators used police dogs, but couldn't pick up the child's scent during a search of the neighborhood.

They found a blanket that may have belonged to the girl in a garbage can outside a neighbor's home.

Brown noted that, in the video, Shaniya "doesn't seem really upset. She seems like she's being carried around and doesn't seem like she's arguing about anything, or frightened or screaming or crying, which is interesting. So, either she just doesn't know what's going on and she's just tired, or she's not that scared of this man. So, the question is, what relationship does this man have to the family?"

(Left: An image from surveillance video shows a man carrying a girl identified by police as 5-year-old Shaniya Davis in the hallway of a hotel in Sanford, N.C.)

Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, made a tearful appeal Thursday for his daughter's safe return.

"Shaniya, if you're listening to Daddy, I miss you so much, honey," he said. "I'm waiting for you. I'm not going to give up. You don't give up either, honey."

Brown told Bell, "We have the problem we usually do when a child goes missing out of a house in the middle of the night. ... That does happen on occasion, but it's pretty rare. And usually you find that, when that happens, it's something going on inside the house and people there are aware, at least some people are aware of what happened."

The case gets more complicated, she added, in agreeing with Bell's depiction of the Davis home as having "a lot of drama."

"We have people with life issues, perhaps drug issues," Brown observed. "We don't know exactly what all of them are. We know there's some custody thing going on there, too.

"And what happens in these situations is you have people who perhaps don't think about the consequences of what they do. They'll get an idea in their head and they'll say, 'Hey, we should do this,' whether it be hide the child in a custody battle - for example, the mother could be saying, for example, 'I don't want the dad to have the child, let's hide the child.' Somebody else could have nothing to do with the mother in that sense, (it) could be somebody else saying, 'Here's a good idea. Let's go do this.' And we don't know what the 'this' is at the moment, and that that's what's really particular about this case.

"The first man arrested, the boyfriend, he was in the house at the same time, so you wonder, "Why did they pick him?"

Brown says she doesn't believe Shaniya was necessarily taken away for any sexual purposes or to be killed, "but the problem is now, if everything goes wrong, people again don't think of consequences and may do something in a rash move because they're afraid of getting caught, and that's the scary part."

© MMIX, CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:16 pm

Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. 2ciahc2

The mother of a 5-year-old girl who disappeared in central North Carolina was charged Saturday with human trafficking and other offenses, though authorities said they still did not know the girl's whereabouts.

Antoinette Nicole Davis, the mother of Shaniya Davis, faces a child abuse charge involving prostitution as well as filing a false police report, according to a news release from the Fayetteville Police Department. The release did not say whether the charges were related to her daughter's disappearance. Telephone messages left for police were not immediately returned.

An official at the Cumberland County Detention Center said Davis was still being booked and it was unclear whether she had an attorney. Her first court appearance would likely be Monday.

http://www.kansascity.com/440/story/1570477.html
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:17 pm

Information on child prostitution and trafficking from the Justice Department:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/ceos/prostitution.html

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/ceos/trafficking.html
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:18 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/15/shaniya-davis-still-missi_n_358226.html

According to arrest documents cited by the newspaper, Davis "knowingly provide(d) Shaniya Davis with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and she "permit(ted) an act of prostitution."
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:18 pm

http://www.opinionbug.com/5468/human-trafficking-alert-5-year-old-shaniya-davis/

Fayetteville police have charged Antoinette Nicole Davis with “human trafficking; felony child abuse – prostitution; filing a false police report; and resist, delay, or obstruct an officer” in the disappearance of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis.
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:19 pm

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/15/952410

Published: Sun Nov 15, 2009
Mother faces charges in girl's disappearance
By John Ramsey
Staff writer

Mario McNeil makes first court appearance
Grandmother of missing girl reacts to daughter's arrest
Mother faces charges in missing girl case The mother of a missing 5-year-old girl was charged Saturday with allowing her daughter to be taken "with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude," according to police and arrest paperwork.

Shaniya Davis has been missing since Tuesday morning, when her mother reported she was abducted from her home in Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park off Murchison Road.

Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, 25, was charged at 9:12 p.m. Saturday with human trafficking, felony child abuse - prostitution, filing a false police report, and resisting, delaying or obstructing justice.

The search for Shaniya Davis continues. Asked if police think the girl is still alive, Fayetteville police Sgt. John Somerindyke said, "We sure hope so."

According to arrest documents, Davis "knowingly provide(d) Shaniya Davis with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude" and she "permit(ted) an act of prostitution."

Police have not charged anyone with molesting Shaniya, but said the investigation is ongoing.

The man accused of taking her, Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, turned himself in Friday. Police said he admitted to kidnapping the child.

Investigators reviewed the timeline Davis had originally given them and found several inconsistencies, Somerindyke said.

Antoinette Davis had reported her daughter missing at 6:53a.m. Tuesday. She told police that she had last seen the child at 5:30 a.m. Meanwhile, police have said, surveillance video at an unnamed Sanford hotel showed McNeill carrying Shaniya to a room at about 6:11 a.m. that day.

A hotel worker called police after recognizing Shaniya's description, according to police. Shaniya and the man were at the hotel for about an hour, police said.

Ann Summers, Antoinette's mother and Shaniya's grandmother, was standing outside the police station downtown shortly after Antoinette was charged. Summers said she doesn't believe her daughter is involved.

"I know my daughter ain't had nothing to do with her child's disappearance," said Summers, who begged for Shaniya's safe return. "Bring my baby home."

Shaniya had been living with her mother for about three weeks before her disappearance, according to her father, Bradley Lockhart.

Lockhart said Friday that Shaniya had lived with him for the past three or four years. He said he let the child go to live with her mother because Antoinette Davis had found a place to live and had held a job for six months.

"I just wanted her to be a mother," he said. "She was never part of her life."

Lockhart told the Associated Press that police have not told him whether they are any closer to finding his daughter.

"I just want her to come back safe, my friend," he said. "I love her very much, and I hope she is OK."

The girl's parents had never married. Police have said Lockhart has been ruled out as a suspect.

Somerindyke said Saturday that Antoinette Davis's initial report had prompted the arrest of Clarence D. Coe on Wednesday.

Coe, 30, was charged with first-degree kidnapping. Police said then that witnesses had seen Coe drive out of the park with Shaniya on Tuesday. The charges against Coe were dropped after McNeill turned himself in.

Saturday, standing in his front yard off Ramsey Street, Coe said he plans to take legal action against the Fayetteville Police Department.

Coe said police wrongfully accused him and ignored a tip about McNeill before Coe was charged.

"They came after the easy target instead," said Coe, who said he was at his house when Shaniya went missing. "I was here the whole time."

Coe said he and Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Davis, were in a relationship and that Davis is pregnant with his child. He said Shaniya, though not his biological daughter, called him "daddy" and was wearing his other daughter's clothes when she was kidnapped.

Coe said he's had trouble getting a job because he's a convicted felon. He said that having a kidnapping charge added to his record, regardless of it having been dropped, will make finding work impossible.

Coe said he doesn't know McNeill, nor what his motive may have been.

The case has turned into a nationwide search for Shaniya, involving the FBI and the U.S. Marshals Service. Fayetteville police say they've received hundreds of tips, and Shaniya's pictures have aired on national television shows.

But the search has been fruitless thus far.

"We still have no idea as to the whereabouts of Shaniya," Somerindyke said Saturday night.

Anyone with information about the girl is asked to call 433-1585.
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:20 pm

Girl, 5, sold into prostitution by her own mother hunted by U.S. police
15th November 2009

How could she? Antoinette Nicole Davis is accused of selling her five-year-old daughter Shaniya Davis into prostitution

U.S. police were today hunting for a missing five-year-old girl who was sold for sex by her mother.

Shaniya Davis has been missing for six days after she was last seen being carried into a hotel room by a man.

FBI agents and U.S. Marshalls have joined the nationwide search for the toddler amid fears she had been sold to a paedophile ring.

Police have charged the girl's mother Antoinette Davis with human trafficking and prostitution offences.

An arrest warrant issued for the 25-year-old said she allowed her daughter to be taken 'with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude.'
Davis, who is pregnant, first reported her daughter missing last Tuesday.

Police were suspicious of her story after reviewing a timeline of the events leading up to her disappearance from a trailer park in Fayetteville, North Carolina.

They later found CCTV footage from a hotel 40 miles from Fayetteville showing the five year old girl being carried into a hotel room by Mario McNeill.
She has not been seen since and her mother has refused to cooperate with police.

Asked if police think the girl is still alive, Fayetteville police Sgt. John Somerindyke said: 'We sure hope so.'
The girl had only been living with her mother for three weeks, according to her father Bradley Lockhart.

He had primary custody of the girl, but had agreed to let her stay with her mother after she found a place to live and held a job for six months.
Lockhart broke down in tears at a press conference when he sobbed: 'I just want her to come back safe.'
Police have not charged anyone with molesting Shaniya, but said the investigation is ongoing.

The man accused of taking her turned himself in on Friday. Police said he admitted to kidnapping the child and has been charged with kidnap.

According to arrest documents, Davis 'knowingly provided Shaniya Davis with the intent that she be held in sexual servitude' and she 'permitted an act of prostitution.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1227989/Race-time-year-old-girl-sold-prostitution-mother.html?ITO=1490
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.   Shaniya Nicole Davis (5)   R.I.P. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shaniya Nicole Davis (5) R.I.P.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next