~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~Dedicated to Caylee~(D2C)

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 am

Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 6710janitorBillTandy
By crankycrankerson
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:49 am

Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 P161810
Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 P361810form
Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 P2form61810
By crankycrankerson
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:51 am

Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 ClearChannelOutdoorsign
By crankycrankerson
Clear Channel donated signs
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 12:59 am

Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Kyron_Sun
By piscesmystery
Artwork by Kyron Horman, age 7
Missing / Endangered Kyron Horman, age 7 from Skyline Elementary School, Portland Ore. June 4, 2010
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:23 am

Friend: Stepmom of missing boy to take polygraph test

Saturday, June 19, 2010

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - The stepmother of missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman is scheduled to take a second polygraph test Saturday.

That's according to Jaymie Finster, a longtime friend of Terri Moulton Horman.

Finster told The Oregonian newspaper that Terri Horman is "tired and frustrated" with the intensity of questioning she's been getting.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has declined to name Terri Horman as a person-of-interest in the investigation and won't say who has been given a lie-detector test.

The boy was last seen June 4 after a science fair he attended that morning at his school with his stepmother.

"Terri is the last known person to have seen Kyron alive before he disappeared," said Capt. Jason Gates of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Department.

Horman, who has raised Kyron since he was an infant, contacted the school on the afternoon of the disappearance, when the boy didn't come home on his school bus. Kyron lived with his father and stepmother about two miles from the school.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/422054_missing19.html
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:25 am

Questionnaires are latest tactic in hunt for missing boy

By KATU News Staff
Story Published: Jun 20, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. - Investigators in Oregon hope questionaires they collected Sunday will yield clues about Kyron Horman - the little boy who vanished more than two weeks ago.

But as the days wear on, hopes of bringing the 7-year-old boy home safely are beginning to fade.

People who came in to fill out the questionnaire found an enlarged version of the form featuring Kyron, his stepmother Terri Horman and the pickup she was driving on the day he vanished.

The visual reminders were everywhere as drivers came into the Skyline School parking lot. There were pictures of Kyron's smiling face - showing him without glasses and with his usual bespectacled look.

For 10 hours deputies collected the questionnaires. And with each one that was dropped off - comes the hope that a new clue will lead to the little boy.

Unlike earlier interviews, these forms specifically asked adults and students whether they saw Kyron's stepmother Terri Horman or if they saw her white Ford F-250 truck.

The questionnaire included photos of Terri Horman and the truck she was driving the day Kyron disappeared. Terri also underwent a second polygraph test on Sunday, according to a close friend.

"I think it's just information they need to know, where she was at at the time," said one parent who asked not to be identified. "I believe what she's saying - anything they can do to find out where, what happened to him."

Some just came to show their support - like 15-year-old Shane Daly of Bethany and his father.

Well-wishers let the boy's family know that Kyron is in their hearts - as neighbors remember the words from Friday's family statement:

"This Sunday is Father's Day. For the first time in seven years we will not have Kyron around to hug and talk to. It hurts us deeply. Our heart is broken."

Outside the school on Sunday a message appeared - "Kyron Horman, We Love You" - as neighbors created a wall of hope.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96768939.html
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:25 am

Mother to missing son: 'So sorry that I was not there to protect you'

From Gabriel Falcon, CNN June 21, 2010

(CNN) -- The biological mother of a missing 7-year-old Oregon boy has written an open letter to her son saying, "I am sorry that I was not there to protect you."

"I am so soooooo sorry that this has happened," Desiree Young wrote to Kyron Horman in a letter that was released Monday to NBC News.

"I will never be able to forgive myself for being so many hours away when you needed me the most. I pray that you come back to me because I am afraid that I can't live without you."

The letter comes more than two weeks after the boy disappeared on June 4.

The boy's stepmother, Terri Horman, said she last saw Kyron walking down the hallway towards his classroom at Skyline Elementary School, police said. Cell phone records indicate she may not have been at the school at that time, according to a report in People Magazine. Authorities refused to comment on the report.

In the emotional letter, Young speaks directly to her young son. "When you come home I will show you all of [the] things that everyone did for you, just to find you," she wrote. "There are literally hundreds of thousands of people that don't know you and yet they pray for you every night. They know how much I miss you and need you and they just want to bring you home to me. There are so many wonderful people working on this case and they are going to find you soon.

"I would give anything to run my fingers through your short hair again. I miss having you to hug anytime I want. Night time is always hard for me. I miss you so much and want you back here so that I can protect you from all of the horrible things in this world. I just can't believe that you aren't still with us," she writes.

"Your life has been really great and I know that it is [not] done yet. A long time ago you saved my life and now I am going to do the same for you. Our lives will never be the same after this. I love you very much!"

Authorities have labeled the case a criminal investigation, On Friday, they released a flier seeking information on Kyron's stepmother. The flier includes pictures of Terri Horman and a form to be filled out and returned by anyone who was at the school the day Kyron vanished.

"At any time did you see Terri Horman at or near the school?" was among the questions in the form.

Capt. Jason Gates of the Multnomah County sheriff's department issued the following statement Friday on the decision to request information on Kyron's stepmother:

"Detectives work in this case is exhaustive and they, along with Kyron's family, are asking for the community's assistance regarding anyone who saw not only Kyron, but also who may have seen Terri Horman and/or the truck she was driving that morning. Terri is the last person known to have seen him before he disappeared."

In a brief phone interview with CNN, sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said the focus of the investigation is not on Terri Horman.

"We're looking for every bit of information that we can," Lindstrand said. "We are not in a position to name anybody a person of interest."

Kyron was wearing dark cargo pants and a black T-shirt with the "CSI" logo on it at the time of his disappearance. He is 3-foot-8, weighs 50 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/21/oregon.mission.boy.letter/
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:58 am

Kyron Horman investigation gains insight from a former Portland District Attorney
June 22, 2010
Portland Pop Culture Examiner
Heather Tooley

Portland, Ore. - the Kyron Horman investigation is gaining insight from Portland's former Multnomah County Deputy Attorney, Jim McIntyre. McIntyre sheds light on the missing Kyron Horman case as authorities review the large number of questionnaires turned in by those who may have seen Kyron's step-mother at school the day he mysteriously disappeared. Koin Local 6 had the interview from Jim McIntyre.

Kyron Horman case may be focusing on someone close in

Former deputy DA, McIntyre tells Koin Local 6, "The probabilities are that it’s somebody close in – and when I say that I don’t mean immediate family members I mean that it’s somebody that may or may not know Kyron or know the routine. It’s usually someone closer in but closer in can include a retail store clerk that sees him all the time that decided to do something."

McIntyre stated keeping a lead on the right suspect is key in the Kyron Horman investigation, like any case in this realm.

"You don’t want to put the investigators off on the track that could be an erroneous track because then the individual who actually committed the offense is gaining time," he said in the interview.

McIntyre cautions joining public opinion in the missing Kyron Horman case

Jim McIntyre cautions those joining public opinion in this emotionally charged case.

"Jumping on the bandwagon of who the public thinks did it is often a huge mistake," the former deputy DA said. The family shuts down when when a tidal wave of finger pointing is directed at them, he explains.

"It’s easy for family members to begin to believe that they’ve become targets when perhaps they’re really just trying to eliminate (the family) and they’re can be a natural friction that can develop and you saw that historically in the JonBenet case which still remains unsolved and that case slipped sideways between law enforcement and the family."

Kyron Horman's step-mother last to see him - justifies questionnaire
What is the former DA's take on the questionnaire recently distributed in the Kyron Horman investigation pertaining to his step-mother, Terri Horman?

"You have to go back to who is the last person who was with Kyron, who was the last person to see Kyron. What was Kyron’s regular schedule and where would he have been. What was the likelihood of people having contact with him."

No results have been reported on the second polygraph test Terri Horman took on Saturday, nor the questionnaires. The public is eager to hear breaking news in this case, but valuable input from those like Jim McIntyre help people understand what may be behind the missing Kyron Horman investigation. Since the 7-year-old's disappearance June 4 at his school science fair, the little boy's case has reached national attention. The silence of this investigation has made it harder for to wait for any new information. Kyron is on the minds of everyone in Portland and around the nation constantly.

http://www.examiner.com/x-52289-Portland-Pop-Culture-Examiner~y2010m6d22-Kyron-Horman-investigation-gains-insight-from-a-former-Portland-District-Attorney
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 8:56 am

Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 W1waxt

Missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman would never walk away from school, mom says
Published: Friday, June 25, 2010, 5:00 AM
Updated: Friday, June 25, 2010, 5:08 AM

Missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman would never walk away on his own from school, his mother said today.

Desiree Young described her shy son as someone who likes to stick close to home. He's timid and can't see very well, she said.

"He doesn't like to wander off," she said.

Young made the comments this morning as she and her ex-husband, Kaine Horman, Kyron's father, did a round of interviews with network TV shows to keep the boy's plight before the public.

They didn't say what they think might have happened to the boy.

It was the third appearance by the two since the second-grader was last seen June 4 at his rural Portland school.

Although they — along with Kyron’s stepfather, Tony Young, and stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman — have attended two news conferences and answered some questions from reporters via e-mail, this marked the first time they agreed to interviews.
Satellite trucks, TV cameras and reporters gathered in the darkness this morning at the small church across from Skyline School, where Kyron was last seen about 8:45 a.m. three weeks ago. The church has been the gathering point for investigators and searchers since the boy's disappearance.

After attending a school science fair with his stepmother — where he showed off his project on the red-eyed tree frog — Kyron walked down the hall toward his classroom, his stepmother said. Terri Horman called school officials when Kyron didn’t get off the bus that afternoon.

Kaine Horman said the family is cooperating with investigators and his wife, Terri Horman, continues to work with them.

Within hours after Kyron's disappearance, multiple agencies were involved in the search for the bespectacled boy. Days later, the search — which focused on the countryside surrounding the school in northwest Multnomah County and on nearby Sauvie Island — became one of the largest in the state.

More than 1,300 searchers from across Oregon, Washington and Northern California joined in, as well as 213 investigators from 42 different law enforcement agencies, including the FBI.

The Multnomah County sheriff’s office has since called off the search, and the case is now considered a criminal investigation, though investigators have said they have no suspects.

In the three weeks since Kyron disappeared, there appears to be no trace of the boy.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/parents_of_kyron_horman_to_app.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 1:27 am

UPDATE:MISSING KYRON HORMAN'S MOM AND DAD PLEAD FOR HIM ON TV
Jun 25, 2010

Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 29mqh38

une 25 Portland, Oregon]-----Kyron Horman's biological Mom and Dad, made a joint appearance on television today, to plead for their son's safe return. Kyron disappeared form his elementary school in Portland Oregon, since June 4th of this year.

Mom, Desiree Young, and father, Caine Horman, in their first tv appearance, told NBC's Today show that they came on to display new photos and videos of Kyron, in the hope that someone, somewhere, would see them and be moved to come forward with information that might help bring their son home.

Mom Desiree, visibly distraught, said,"It's like a portal opened up in the school and Kyron just vanished into it..it's a mystery.....It's a parent worse nightmare." When asked why they took so long to ask for help on television, Ms. Young said,"We never thought we would get to three weeks out and not have Kyron here. Honestly I'm a little scared at this point...Three weeks is a long time, and we need to bring him home."

Caine Hormon denied claims that he wasn't being cooperative with the police and said he was doing everything possible to find his son. Mom, Desiree also stressed she was heartbroken over her son's disappearance and is working hard to find him.

7 year old Kyron Hormon has been missing now for 21 days.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/6165007-updatemissing-kyron-hormans-mom-and-dad-plead-for-him-on-tv?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 7:34 am

Kyron Horman: Why was Kyron not accounted for?

Posted on June 26th, 2010 by Valhall

I just put this in a comment on another thread, but I felt an urge to create an article for it – for no other reason than to keep little Kyron’s name at the top where it belongs. I want to revisit the lack of reporting to the family about Kyron’s absence from school on June 4th, the day he disappeared from the face of the Earth.

Before Roll Call

I think the main thing we should keep in mind as we discuss the issues surrounding Kyron’s absence and the lack of reporting back to the Horman family is that nothing we’ve heard so far concerning it has been confirmed except that he was marked absent. I believe Mr. Shelby, spokesman for the Portland school system is the one that confirmed Ms. Porter, Kyron’s second grade teacher, marked Kyron absent that morning.

According to what we’ve been told, it appears roll call for classes did not take place until 10:00 a.m. The school was open to family and students at 8:00 a.m. so they could tour the science fair together. Classes appear to have UNOFFICIALLY convened late at 9:00 a.m. so that the classes could be split into small groups of students led by chaperones to view the science fair. As a parent, I have to say I would be wondering why children were not accounted for at this time and prior to the science fair tour. And while I have found no official statement of exactly when roll call was made, the unofficial statements state roll call was not performed until 10:00 a.m. when the small groups completed touring the science fair.

Reports state that Kyron and Terri went to his classroom first and left his backpack and jacket in the room before touring the science fair. One account has the backpack and jacket left on top of his desk, another account has it hung in a locker/cubby space along the wall.

The Doctor’s Appointment

There are two versions of the alleged statement made by Terri Horman to Ms. Porter. Both unconfirmed by law enforcement.

1. Ms. Porter is claimed to have stated Terri Horman told her “in a crowded auditorium” on the morning of Friday June 4th that Kyron had a doctor’s appointment that day.

2. Jaymie Finster, friend of Terri Horman, states Terri told her that she told Ms. Porter of the doctor’s appointment when she was at the school on Thursday June 3rd and that the appointment was not until Friday June 11th. Jamie states Terri says she gave Ms. Porter paperwork associated with that doctor’s appointment. As I have stated in previous articles, the science fair projects appear to have been set up prior to 8:00 a.m. Friday morning, so Terri being there the day before would make sense if she needed to deliver the project early so that Kyron could get it set up. As I’ve also stated, the entire doctor’s appointment issue is a CONCRETE issue. In other words, there either was a doctor’s appointment or there wasn’t. It either was on June 11th, or it wasn’t. And there either is paperwork at that school or there isn’t. With the concrete, verifiable statements made by Terri Horman, her story is either true or false and can be confirmed as such…no wiggle room.

Roll Call

It is reported that at 10:00 a.m. the teachers took roll call for their classes. Ms. Porter is reported to have marked Kyron absent at this time. Now, here is where I have been confused for some time. The teacher’s responsibility is to account for the presence or absence of a child. The teacher’s responsibility during roll call is not to account for where that child is, only to account for if they are present. As I stated in prior comment, I’m 46 years old and I attended an extremely small school. The school system I was in had less that 700 kids for all grades K through 12th grade. The town had less than 2000 people total. Even in this small (ancient…lol) school system, the same procedure was in place as was in place for every school my two children attended whether they were in elementary school, middle school or high school, and no matter how small or big the school (some of which were huge metropolitan schools). The teacher is required to submit the absences to the central office of the school. Why? Because it is the central office’s responsibility to account for WHERE the child is.

So, if Ms. Porter marked Kyron absent at 10:00 a.m., why didn’t the Central office of Skyline Elementary call Kyron’s parents to confirm where he was? Please note that Mr. Shelby has stated some smoke and mirror nonsense about this not happening because Skyline wasn’t using the “automated call system”. Hogwash. Please keep in mind that Kyron came up missing on Skyline’s watch. Mr. Shelby has a conflict of interest. He is acting as spokesman for the school system. The same one that didn’t call Kyron’s parents when he was marked absent. That Mr. Shelby would use such a lame excuse is a flag to me. This is a transparent attempt to try to excuse why protocol was not followed. It also does not logically fit with other information we have been given, such as:

* Skyline Elementary is a small school.
* Skyline Elementary does not have a truancy problem.

The above two factoids make Mr. Shelby’s excuse for why Kyron’s parents weren’t contacted fall apart. A low number of children to account for, and a low absentee rate mean the central office didn’t even need an automated call system. It’s called picking up the phone and dialing the number. And it apparently did not happen.

So let’s look at this lack of reporting to the parents and see what logical explanations could lead to no phone call home (leaving behind the ludicrous excuse of no automated phone call):

* Skyline Elementary School central office was negligent and simply didn’t take the time to report and verify Kyron’s absence, or
* Ms. Porter did not report Kyron’s absence to the central office, or
* Terri Horman told the central office Kyron was going to the doctor, or
* Ms. Porter supplied paperwork from Terri Horman showing Kyron would be at the doctor that day, or
* The central office only had the landline number to the Horman household AND there is no voicemail system on that number AND Terri wasn’t home so they were unable to reach a parent. This would require that the school not have a cell number for either Terri or Kaine (don’t know about you but I always gave my cell, once I had one, as my primary number to ensure they could get me no matter where I was), and didn’t have Kaine’s work number. That’s a lot of didn’ts to get in to make that make sense.

Those really are the only excuses for the central office not calling the Hormans to check on Kyron’s absence. We can rule out that the school DID attempt to contact the Horman residence because of the vacuous excuse Mr. Shelby gave…at least I can and still feel comfortable about it.

Valhall.

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/06/26/kyron-horman-why-was-kyron-not-accounted-for/

Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:36 am

Police vow Kyron Horman won't become 'cold case' ~

PORTLAND -- The lead officer in the investigation into Kyron Horman’s disappearance vowed to stay on the case until it’s solved.

"This process is not over… we as a team are resolute in bringing Kyron home. This will not become a cold case for us," Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Jason Gates promised during a Monday morning press conference.

Just the day before, authorities had announced that the search and rescue operation had officially transformed into a criminal case after 10 days of searching with no sign of the Portland second grader. But Gates was quick to assure that the transformation did not mean they were giving up.

"We are still moving forward," he said.

Captain Monte Reiser on Sunday began the process of sending all the search and rescue crews from outside the area home.

"The crews have done an exceptional job searching difficult terrain over the past 10 days," said Reiser. "We are confident the areas that needed to be searched have been and now most crews will be going home." Some local search and rescue crews will continue looking for Kyron in a much smaller operation.

Sheriff offers $25,000 reward

An emotional Sheriff Dan State announced a $25,000 reward for any information that leads to the location of Kyron.

"The investigation is going in many directions and the criminal investigation is a natural progression," said Staton.

Photos, video sought

On Saturday, investigators looking into the disappearance June 4 of Kyron Horman asked anyone with photos or videos created that day or on June 3 of roads around Skyline school to provide to contact police.

Video of these specific locations was being sought: NW Cornelius Pass, Germantown, Logie Trail, Rocky Point, Skyline, West Union, Springville, Newberry, McNamee, Kaiser Thompson and Laidlaw roads and Bethany Boulevard.

The request includes a stretch of Oregon 30 from NW Rocky Point Road to Germantown Road which does not pass by the school at all. It does however, parallel Sauvie Island, where searchers have spent the last several days. Anyone with video of these locations is asked to contact the tip line at (503) 261-2847 and leave your name, contact information and the location of the footage. Please preserve the recording.

Family talks about Kyron

The family of Kyron Horman answered personal questions about the 7-year-old via Multnomah County Sheriff's Capt. Mike Shults during a Saturday media briefing and also explained some of their outings in the last week - to stores and a health club.

Shults said that the family was extremely stressed by their Friday appearance, but understood that the public might have wanted to learn more about Kyron. To that end, they answered a set of prepared questions.

Kyron's favorite color is red, they said. Kyron is a quiet and loving child who likes fishing, art, flying in airplanes. Bootsy his cat would follow him to the school bus stop every day. He loves his dog Ernie in Medford. Kyron has a belly laugh that endears him to friends.

When he grows up, Kyron wants to be a police investigator. This summer, he planned on going on a jet boat trip in July, to Lake Shasta in August and Seaside for his birthday.

Capt. Shults also said two companies volunteered to help them print the t-shirts they wore that reproduced the missing flier. Several of the T-shirts were provided to the media. He offered no other details on the shirts.

The morning he disappeared, Kyron was in good spirits, excited about the tree frog diorama he had created for the science fair, Shults said.

The captain said he had two questions of his own that he knew the media wanted answered. On the night he disappeared, the family looked in earnest for Kyron. When police arrived, the searchers needed the parents to stay put and provide information. From a tactical standpoint, the parents had already exhausted what they could do personally by moving around and searching, he said.

Why did family continue to use their social network connections, go out to the store and to a health club the past few days?

Shults said they were asked to by police experts, who wanted them to continue their normal routine to the degree possible. The parents told police their normal routine was to have Kryon join them and it was painful and awkward to try and continue normal routines, which have been very abnormal for them in the last week.

The parents have started a rotation of friends come visit them and provide supports, Shults said.

On the search end, efforts continue to find Kyron alive, said Sgt. Diana Olsen of the sheriff's office.

"We know where he's not, so we feel we're getting closer to where he is," she said. She declined to say why searchers were on Sauvie Island, a considerable distance from Skyline School.

Cash donations to defray search expenses can still be made at any Bank of America Branch under the Kyron Horman Fund. Searchers no longer need food donations and the sheriff's office asked people to stop giving for now.

On Friday, the family appeared for the first since since Kyron disappeared June 4 made an emotional plea for help for the 7-year-old.

"Please help us bring Kyron home," Kaine Horman, the boy's father said.

"The community as a whole have shown how much impact one little boy’s smile can have on a community,” said Kyron’s step-father, Tony Young. Then, he spoke directly to Kyron: “You mean everything to us and until you come home, this family is not complete. We believe in you and know you will be back with us soon.”

After Young spoke, the two men embraced while their wives comforted each other in the background.

Horman's outfit revealed

Just one hour earlier, police revealed a replica of the clothing Kyron Horman was wearing when he disappeared. Police hoped that this new information would help create more leads to assist them in their effort to locate the missing boy.
Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 2vjtziw

Police said Horman was wearing a black CSI T-shirt, dark cargo-style pants, Hanes athletic socks and well-worn Skechers sneakers.

Late Friday morning, family members were seen wearing white T-shirts with the missing persons poster of Kyron on them.

A family member gave one of the T-shirts to KGW Reporter Erica Heartquist. KGW learned the family had the T-shirts individually made. There was no word whether the shirts would be available to the public.

Search intensifies from air, ground

Meanwhile, investigators Friday urged people to carry Kyron Horman’s missing poster with them always, memorize his face, and look for him everywhere they go, as the search for the missing seven-year-old stretched into its eighth day.

“As the search grows longer, our resolve grows stronger to bring Kyron home,” said Capt. Monte Reiser with the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office.

Reiser added that the search area was expanding but he wouldn’t say exactly where crews were looking. KGW was able to confirm that the search included areas around Kyron’s home, Skyline Elementary School, Sauvie Island, and even as far away as Yreka, Calif. where someone reported seeing a boy who looked like Kyron in Wal-Mart.

At the same time, volunteers continued to drop off food and snacks for search crews at several locations.

“We are incredibly humbled and appreciative of the tremendous resources,” lead investigator Capt. Jason Gates said during a Thursday noon press conference. “This is all part of our original mission to find Kyron and bring him home. Gates was referring to the hundreds of additional officers from Oregon and neighboring states who joined the search Friday morning, after he put out a call for help just the day before.

Sgt. Diana Olsen, the search and rescue coordinator for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, admitted that volunteers were growing weary before the reinforcements arrived, but now there are fresh “ground-pounders” out there, looking for Kyron with the help of dogs and even horses.

“It’s an honor for us to be here to back them up. We have new boots to put on the ground and hopefully we’ll bring him home,” said deputy Shawn Richard, who traveled all the way from Klamath County to help.

Written statement from family

During a noon Wednesday press conference, Lt. Mike Shults, the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Department liaison for the Horman family, read a statement on behalf of the family.

“Kyron’s family would like to thank everyone for their support and interest in finding their son. The outpouring of support and continued effort strengthens their hope,” Shults said. “There are a lot of resources out there to help. Please don’t stop.”

Shults added that the family has been in great pain since Kyron’s disappearance and said the reason why they have not granted interviews is because they want all the attention focused on solely on Kyron.

Anyone who has seen Kyron or knows of his whereabouts is asked to call 503-261-2847.

http://www.nwcn.com/home/Police-Kyron-Horman-wont-become-cold-case-96312034.html
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:39 am

Step-mom's dad in 'People': Terri Moulton under scrutiny~
by KGW.com Staff
KGW-TV

PORTLAND -- Kyron Horman's photo was on the cover of 'People' for the second week in a row and the story that goes with it focuses on the attention that has been placed on his step-mother Terri Moulton.

Since Kyron vanished three weeks ago, she has been singled out in a questionnaire sent to parents and staff of Skyline school. A lifelong friend described Terri Moulton's unhappiness with a second polygraph test.

Moulton's father, Larry Moulton, 72, told 'People' matter-of-factly that "the finger points at stepmom, she's trying to be cooperative."

He too said she has had two polygraphs, that police have taken her truck twice and questioned her several times, for up to six hours, several times. He also described his daughter as "really good with kids" and pointed to a Halloween outing to pumpkin patches with the family in costume.

The People magazine cover story comes right after Kyron's mother and father sat down with KGW and answered some of the most commonly-asked questions, including why investigators had focused on Sauvie Island. However, Kyron's parents would not answer questions about Terri Moulton being given lie detetor tests, and they said she would not be speaking to the media.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37523071/
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:39 pm

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The father of missing Portland boy Kyron Horman has filed for divorce and taken out a restraining order against his wife, a source told KGW Monday night.

A source close to the investigation told KGW Monday night that Kaine Horman had moved out of the home with his 18-month-old child.

Family members released a statement Monday saying they were in support of the investigation. The statement was signed by Kyron's father, stepfather and mother, but not Terri Moulton-Horman.

Kyron Horman's photo was on the cover of 'People' for the second week in a row and the story that goes with it focuses on the attention that has been placed on his step-mother Terri Moulton-Horman.

Since Kyron vanished three weeks ago, she has been singled out in a questionnaire sent to parents and staff of Skyline school. A lifelong friend described Terri Moulton-Horman's unhappiness with a second polygraph test.

Horman's father, stepfather and mother released a statement Monday saying they were in support of the investigation. Read the statement

Terri Moulton-Horman said she was not aware a statement was coming out. A source close to the investigation however, said her husband Kaine and their 18-month-old child had moved out.

Moulton's father, Larry Moulton, 72, told 'People' matter-of-factly that "the finger points at stepmom, she's trying to be cooperative."

He too said she has had two polygraphs, that police have taken her truck twice and questioned her several times, for up to six hours, several times. He also described his daughter as "really good with kids" and pointed to a Halloween outing to pumpkin patches with the family in costume.
http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:41 pm

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/news/topstories/story/The-Horman-family-release-a-statement/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx
------------------------------------
Horman Family statement

We have been fully briefed by law enforcement on the on-going criminal investigation. We are in complete support of that investigation. We have asked the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office to facilitate releasing this statement for us due to their access to the media/flash news.

We understand that we have free access to the media but are limiting statements to the media to keep the integrity of the investigation intact.

Any actions taken by the investigation, or by us, are based on the best interests of Kyron and Kiara and comply with the law. Beyond this, we have no comment on the matter.

Desiree, Tony and Kaine
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:48 pm

Dad In Missing Boy Case Staying Elsewhere
POSTED: June 28, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The father of missing 7-year-old boy Kyron Horman is staying elsewhere this week after taking the daughter he has raised with Kyron's stepmother out of their home.

Friends of the Horman family told FOX 12 that police encouraged Kaine Horman to take the couple's 18-month-old daughter and stay at a different location. Investigators would not confirm that information Monday.

It has been 25 days since Kyron was last seen at Skyline School in northwest Portland. Police have said his stepmother, Terri Horman, was the last person to see Kyron when she took him to an early-morning science fair at the school.

Detectives have since passed out fliers with photos of Terri Horman and her truck in hopes that it would generate tips from people who saw her that day. But investigators have not called her a suspect or a person of interest.

Her father, Larry Moulton, is visiting Terri Horman and staying at her northwest Portland house to give her support. He confirmed that Terri Horman's 18-month-old daughter was staying away from the house at a separate location.

"It's a very difficult time and I'm just here to support my daughter," Moulton said. "We'll leave it at that."

In a recent article in People magazine, Larry Moulton was quoted as saying there was a "fifty-fifty chance" that Terri Horman would be arrested in the case. But on Monday, Moulton said some of his statements were twisted around.

Kyron's biological parents spoke candidly about the boy's disappearance Friday in an interview with FOX 12 reporter Jamie Wilson. They said their sense of normalcy is gone with Kyron still missing.

"Every day for us, Kyron was in it. And he is in it. And it's just in a different capacity right now," Kaine Horman said during the interview. "That's what makes it hard. Every day is not a normal day."

When reached for comment Monday, Kaine Horman said he was spending the day with investigators.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24074276/detail.html
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:49 am

Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Kyronbabyteeth

Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Teddy

By crankycrankerson :rose:
Back to top Go down
Ava
Orlando, Florida
Orlando, Florida
Ava

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:52 am

Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Momkyron
By crankycrankerson
Kyron & Mom
Back to top Go down
Melinda
Team Angels
Team Angels
Melinda

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 am

Father of Missing Oregon Boy Files for Divorce~
(June 29) -- The father of a missing 7-year-old Oregon boy filed for divorce and took out a restraining order against his wife, the boy's stepmother and the last person to see him, according to reports.

Kaine Horman filed for divorce from Terri Moulton Horman on Monday in Multnomah County Circuit Court, The Associated Press and The Oregonian reported. Horman also got a restraining order, according to The Oregonian and KPTV, which cited unidentified sources, and moved out with their 18-month-old daughter.
Terri and Kaine Horman
Greg Wahl-Stephens, file / AP
Kaine Horman, right, filed for divorce Monday from Terri, the stepmother of the missing 7-year-old Oregon boy.

Kyron Horman vanished June 4 from his school in Portland after Moulton Horman brought him to school and took his picture at a science fair before classes began. The sheriff's office recently said the search for Kyron had become a criminal investigation.

Moulton Horman isn't a person of interest or a suspect, sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand told AP on Monday, adding that the department is "not talking about personal issues going on with the Hormans."

However, Moulton Horman, 40, has been a prominent figure in the investigation because she was the last to see her stepson. Her friend, Jaymie Finster, has said Horman has taken a polygraph test and planned on taking a second, according to a report.

Also Monday, the boy's father, his mother, Desiree Young, and her husband, Tony Young, released a statement through the sheriff's office supporting the investigation. Notably, Moulton Horman was not included.

"We have been fully briefed by law enforcement on the on-going criminal investigation," the statement read. "We are in complete support of that investigation."

The statement said the three were "limiting statements to the media to keep the integrity of the investigation intact."

It said they were acting in the best interest of Kyron and his 18-month-old sister, Kiara, and would not comment further.

Moulton Horman's father, Larry Moulton, told KPTV that her 18-month-old daughter wasn't living with her.

"It's a very difficult time, and I'm just here to support my daughter," said Moulton, who's staying with her. "We'll leave it at that."

People magazine reported today that Moulton said his daughter has been interviewed at length by police and that chances are "50-50" she will be arrested.

On Monday night, several friends arrived at Moulton Horman's home to console her after learning of the divorce filing, The Oregonian reported. At one point, Moulton Horman stuck her head out the door to call to a friend, but she did not otherwise comment, the paper said.

Kaine Horman's lawyer, Laura Rackner, a family law attorney, did not return messages left by several media outlets.
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/kyron-hormans-dad-kaine-horman-files-for-divorce-from-missing-boys-stepmother/19535026?icid=main|
Back to top Go down
Suzi
Team Missing
Team Missing
Suzi

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:09 am

Horman's Stepmother Not Allowed Access to Her Children
June 30, 2010
By Bryce Anslinger

PORTLAND, Ore. -- A judge has forbidden the step-mother of a missing 7-year-old Portland boy to have access to her children or firearms.

Court officials say the restraining order against Terri Horman was granted by a Multnomah County Circuit Judge.

Horman's stepson, Kyron, vanished June 4th, leading to one of the most extensive searches in Oregon history. Investigators say she's the last person known to have seen the child.

Kyron's father filed for divorce from Terri Horman and sought the restraining order.

http://kezi.com/news/local/179647
Back to top Go down
Suzi
Team Missing
Team Missing
Suzi

PostSubject: Re: Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon   Kyron Horman (7) 6/4/10 Portland, Oregon - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:10 am